Thinline Tubing vs Regular

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jrfoster

Thinline Tubing vs Regular

Post by jrfoster » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:08 am

I recently upgraded my machine from the old Remstar Auto which I got when I went on CPAP nearly 6 years ago, to the Remstar S9. It came with thinline tubing which I have never had before. Last night, which was my first night with the new machine, it showed by AHI to be 2.9.
My usual AHI is usually around 1.7--2.1. Could have been just one of those nights but I was wondering if the thinline tubing had anything to do with it?

With a smaller diameter I am wondering about the volume of air as it reaches the mask? Maybe it is the same but would like to know from those who also made the switch from regular tubing to thinline. Any comments? Thanks.

Jeff

greatunclebill

Re: Thinline Tubing vs Regular

Post by greatunclebill » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:26 am

your dme where you got the machine should be able to pressure test your machine with the hose to see if the pressure is correct. my bet is that it is correct. call them.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:34 am

There is a setting in the S9 machine to accommodate the smaller diameter climate line hose.
I imagine the DME set it up properly but you can go to the clinical setup menu to check.
There is a video describing your new machine
http://www.cpaplibrary.com/machines.html
It shows how to get to the clinical menu.
If you want a pdf copy of the provider/clinical manual just let me know and I will send you a link for it.

The difference in AHI?????? Different machines entirely with different algorithms and the new machines score centrals and your old machine didn't....so we can't really compare the AHI numbers between the 2 machines. Such a small difference? I wouldn't worry at all.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Pugsy wrote:There is a setting in the S9 machine to accommodate the smaller diameter climate line hose.
I imagine the DME set it up properly but you can go to the clinical setup menu to check.
There is a video describing your new machine
http://www.cpaplibrary.com/machines.html
It shows how to get to the clinical menu.
If you want a pdf copy of the provider/clinical manual just let me know and I will send you a link for it.

The difference in AHI?????? Different machines entirely with different algorithms and the new machines score centrals and your old machine didn't....so we can't really compare the AHI numbers between the 2 machines. Such a small difference? I wouldn't worry at all.

Thanks for the info. Is there a way to see how many apneas I had each night? My other software indicted that. And if so does it indicate central apneas from regular apneas?

Otter

Post by Otter » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:27 pm

jrfoster wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Thanks for the info. Is there a way to see how many apneas I had each night? My other software indicted that. And if so does it indicate central apneas from regular apneas?
You can see AHI for the pevious night on the S9's LCD screen.

If you want to look at other nights, see the exact number of each type of event, look at the wave forms, etc, you need to install either SleepyHead or ResScan on your computer. I recommend SleepyHead.

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:06 pm

Otter wrote:
jrfoster wrote:
Pugsy wrote:Thanks for the info. Is there a way to see how many apneas I had each night? My other software indicted that. And if so does it indicate central apneas from regular apneas?
You can see AHI for the pevious night on the S9's LCD screen.

If you want to look at other nights, see the exact number of each type of event, look at the wave forms, etc, you need to install either SleepyHead or ResScan on your computer. I recommend SleepyHead.

Guess I will have to get a SD card reader in order to get the details off the card. Also, will reading the card with Sleepyhead remove all the data or will it leave it in place on the card. I know with my Encore Pro card that once it is read the weeks data is no longer available.
My DME wants me to bring in the card in 30 days to read so Medicare will know that I am compliant. After 6 years I should be!

Thanks for the info.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:50 pm

SleepyHead won't harm the data on the SD card and you can't change any of your settings using SleepyHead so it is totally safe to use.

If your computer doesn't have a slot for the SD card then you will need the card reader/adapter to be used in an open USB port. Doesn't have to be a name brand fancy card reader/adapter.
Cheap generic will work.. You just need one with an end to plug into the USB port and the other end has a slot for the SD card. WalMart has them for around $10...sometimes with a SD card for same price. You can also use any generic SD card if you want or need to.

If your computer is a Mac...there is a Mac SleepyHead version available.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jrfoster

Post by jrfoster » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Pugsy wrote:SleepyHead won't harm the data on the SD card and you can't change any of your settings using SleepyHead so it is totally safe to use.

If your computer doesn't have a slot for the SD card then you will need the card reader/adapter to be used in an open USB port. Doesn't have to be a name brand fancy card reader/adapter.
Cheap generic will work.. You just need one with an end to plug into the USB port and the other end has a slot for the SD card. WalMart has them for around $10...sometimes with a SD card for same price. You can also use any generic SD card if you want or need to.

If your computer is a Mac...there is a Mac SleepyHead version available.
Thanks for the info. Right now I am using my notebook and it has 4 USB slots but no card reader slot. Guess I will go to WalMart and see what they have. Thanks again.