EncorePro 2 account locked

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

EncorePro 2 account locked

Post by ClayL » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:09 pm

I had to reformat my computer and reload Win 7 and all of my software. A few days later I started Encore Pro and thought I had set the password but apparently hadn't. I tried my old password two or three times and ended up with the account locked. Is there any way to unlock it?
If I uninstall the program and reload it, will it be unlocked then so I can use "password1" per the readme file?
Respironics DreamStation
Pressure = 11.5 min 14.5 max
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Pugsy

Re: EncorePro 2 account locked

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:16 pm

ClayL wrote:If I uninstall the program and reload it, will it be unlocked then so I can use "password1" per the readme file?
Should work. It is all that I know to do. Make sure all traces of the locked up version are gone or it might not want to install because it thinks it is already installed. I had that happen to me. I ended up having to do a custom install and change a file name to fool it.

If you mess up 3 times in a row it locks up.
So if 2 tries don't work...close and reopen program before risking a failed 3rd time.
Closing it seems to bypass that 3 strikes you're out thing.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:37 am

Okay I guess I will have to give it a try. Hope I don't have to mess with the registry. Even if I back it up that makes me nervous. I have not tried to restore a backed up registry for years (Win XP) and don't even know how to do it anymore without some research.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 am

Here's what I did when I messed up and had to reinstall Pro.
I uninstalled Pro but I didn't think to run a cleaning program to get the little bits left over after an uninstall so I don't know for sure if the remnants would or would not have been removed if I had run something like CrapCleaner which will get the remnants and also will let you safely clean the registry of the remnants.

Obviously it was something left in the registry. I didn't feel up to registry surfing and just didn't think of Crap Cleaner because I opted to do the Advanced (custom) install as first option.
I did have to get a fresh download because for some reason I couldn't get the Advanced option to be offered when I used the original setup files in my download folder.
So I got a fresh download and with it I still had the "Encore is already installed" message...but Advanced install became available.. I went through it with standard defaults until I got to the SQLDatase folder prompt...I added the number 2 to the folder name making it SQLDatabase2...that was the only change I made and it installed and worked fine.

Another idea...I just now thought of it....wonder if Encore Pro 2.5 would install ???
Worth a try...It will work with your machine...it is just horribly slow..much more than 2.4.

Check your private message box for a link. All other install stuff remains the same...User ID EncoreAdmin and password1 for first time..then change to whatever you want.
Also will include Viewer 2.0.. M series machine gain nothing using Pro over Viewer.
Now if you are planning on getting a new PR S1 machine anytime soon..

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:31 am

Many thanks for the info and link.
When you mentioned my M Series machine I realized that my info was outdated. I sure thought that I had changed that back in September. It's right now anyway.
I am going to find that cleanup program you mentioned and use it. Maybe that will help the process.

Thanks again.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:40 am

Have you tried SleepyHead? I would have suggested it sooner if I knew you had PR S1 machine.
It runs circles around Encore Pro and Viewer. Information on it is in my signature.

More detail data on SH and not the PITA software that Encore is. I have Pro available to use but only for storage for my data from last summer.. I stupidly erased my SD card in Sept and I don't have last summer's data files on the SD card to put in SH. Every now and then I put my new data in Pro just to have it there for storage but I prefer SleepyHead hands down over Pro.

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:13 am

Yes I have been using Sleepyhead for a while now. I also have some Encore Pro data backed up. It goes back over five years.
I have uninstalled EP using CCleaner. I will reinstall it in a few minutes and see how it goes.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 am

Okay, didn't know if you had SH or not.

Having Pro would enable you to at least have the data that is available from your older machine on the Smart card.
Word of caution to anyone with Pro and older machine and new PR S1 machine..don't try to merge the old M series data with the PR S1 data under a single user name.
I did that...it kept warning me that there was a problem...I forced it and lost all my M series data in Pro.
Don't have the DT3500 now to get it back and I would only get hours of use past 7 days anyway. Didn't bother with it.

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:50 am

Okay I give up!
I have tried everything you mentioned and everything I could think of and nothing worked.
Using the Advanced option, when I get to the "EncorePro2 " part it has a drop down box with the only option being Encorepro2 as the name, I can't change it. Now I get messages early in the install process saying there is a newer database installed and it terminates. I have used CCleaner to uninstall the program and to and delete all mentions of EncorePro. Even restored the system back to an earlier date.
I have other things to do and the program just isn't that important to me.
Thanks for the help!!
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:55 am

Pro can be a royal pain in the butt. Sorry my ideas didn't work. You aren't the first to choose to give up on Pro. At least you can use SleepyHead with your machine. People who have the older machines with the smart cards have to work harder to find a way to make Pro or Viewer work.

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Sometimes, during the install, EncorePro just sits, apparently doing nothing at all for half an hour or so.

There was also a case where someone only got it to work by logging in as "Administrator." Note, not accepting the prompt to allow the program to run as administrator, not using "run as administrator." You had to be logged into the "secret" hidden account named "Administrator," not just a user with administrator privileges.

Windows dirty secret: Every Windows PC on Vista or Win7 has an account named "Administrator," but it's often hidden. Google up how to turn on the true administator account if you need to try it.

There's also a "SYSTEM" account that is sort of "SuperAdministator," but that's a lot harder to use and even more dangerous.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah the first time I installed it it took a long time. Seemed to be hung up but wasn't.

My problem with it now is I entered the wrong password too many times and the program itself locked me out.
There was a post sometime back about adding a couple of extra users so if this happened you could log in as someone other than EncoreAdmin. I wish I had taken that advice.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

needzzzzs

Post by needzzzzs » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:26 pm

I'm the latest person to forget the new password I created and am now locked out of the program after multiple attempts. Would someone please be kind enough to send me a link to download it again?

Thanks!

Debbie

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 pm

needzzzzs wrote:I'm the latest person to forget the new password I created and am now locked out of the program after multiple attempts. Would someone please be kind enough to send me a link to download it again?
Check your private message box...

Might want to try SleepyHead if you haven't already. It runs circles around Pro and without all the headaches. Information on it is in my signature.

Kam2012

Post by Kam2012 » Sun May 11, 2014 3:37 pm

I have tried everything to unlock my encorepro2 program - I even tried the admin reset but you need a code. I plan on doing a complete uninstall but can't find the program . Can someone point me to where I can download it?