Sleepyhead quit downloading my data

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
macewa

Re: Sleepyhead quit downloading my data

Post by macewa » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Every so often I will have No Data available when it should show data. But usually that isn't consecutive days. This morning when I downloaded, it showed me only part of my nights sleep. The short part, not the longer time period. I dont' know if its SleepHead's problem, my data card's problem or my machine's problem but if it's just once in a while, I can deal with it.
DLB wrote:Yes, I have tried mny times and many different ways. Sleepyhead sees the structure and tells me it can't find new data. I had one day that I napped for an hour and it found that, but not full nights data before and after.

I tried pointing to E:\.
I tried pointing to E:\P-Series.
I tried every other directory in the structure.
I tried copying the whole card to the hard drive and pointing to every directory in that structure.
I tried deleting all data files except for the current date.
I tried, renameing data files.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sleepyhead.
Next, I will reformat and try with the fresh card.

I noticed that on CPAP.com EncoreViewer2.0 does not support the 60 series or my 50 series machine. Perhaps it was pure luck that it worked with Sleepyhead at all???

I'm really bummed, because I like the detail that Sleepyhead provides.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
DLB

DLB

Post by DLB » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:51 am

bilwakka wrote:Being frustrated with a non-working ResScan, I downloaded SleepyHead.
First download looked great - graphs and summary data were quite adequate for my needs.
But I've since lost the graphs.
I've obviously done something wrong, but what?
Any suggestions?

Cheers
Hi Bilwakka,

you will probably get answers to your questions more effectively if you create your own topic in the main forum section. There are others that are WAY more experienced with Sleepyhead than I.

Regards,
DLB

Additional Comments: Resmed Airfit P10 Mask, ZEO EEG, Contec CMS-50 SpO2, Philips SO BiPAP Auto as Backup.

macewa

Post by macewa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:00 pm

Once in a while I have a problem downloading my data and get the No Data message. Sometimes putting the card back in the machine works and sometimes I have to start up the machine and then turn it off and my data appears. The othe day I only got partial. This morning No Data and I went back to the machine, put the card in, turned the machine on and then off - came back and my data appeared. Have you unplugged everything so the brain of the machine can clear out? Sometimes that helps too. Good luck. I know when I can't get my data I start to panic.

DLB

Post by DLB » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:11 pm

I have fully confirmed that Sleepyhead doesn't like the data format from my machine when Breath Rate (Backup Rate) = OFF.

Good news is that I have also confirmed that I can just set Breath Rate (Backup Rate)=4bpm and TI (Inspiratory Time) =3.0sec and I never trigger the Breath Rate algorithm, and SleepyHead still works!!!

It took a while to get here though as I was fearful of whether that would impact the other algorithms in any way. Therefore I did a lot of math, and experimented with Breath Rate settings between 8 and 12 and various Inspiratory Time settings. I couldn't get to sleep for all sorts of reasons causing arrousals, that I now better understand.

It would be great if JediMark can fix this bug in SleepyHead, but at least I have a workaround for now!

Thanks,
DLB

Additional Comments: Resmed Airfit P10 Mask, ZEO EEG, Contec CMS-50 SpO2, Philips SO BiPAP Auto as Backup.

NateS

Post by NateS » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 pm

bilwakka wrote:Being frustrated with a non-working ResScan, I downloaded SleepyHead.
First download looked great - graphs and summary data were quite adequate for my needs.
But I've since lost the graphs.
I've obviously done something wrong, but what?
Any suggestions?

Cheers
bilwakka,

What do you mean by a "non-working ResScan" - How is it non-working?

As for your disappearing graphs in SleepyHead, what operating system is your computer system running on? - Linux any chance?

Regards, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Hmmm... I just loaded SleepyHead. I have the PR BiPAP AutoSV Advanced - System One. It also will not read the data. I've tried the original 4GB SD card. I tried a new 2GB SD card. It initializes the 2GB SD card with no problem. As best I can tell the data is the same. The interface I use to read the data is different, but the data appears to be the same. Hmmmm.....

I have BPM set to AUTO. I will try setting it to 10 to see how it does at loading the data.

Sometimes computers can be so much fun !!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:40 pm

PS .. Does anyone have a pointer to EncoreViewer 2.0 .. I purchased a copy but would like to get it up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:50 pm

JohnBFisher wrote:PS .. Does anyone have a pointer to EncoreViewer 2.0 .. I purchased a copy but would like to get it up and running as soon as possible.
You bought it? EncoreViewer 2.0 won't work on the new PR S1 ASV machines...I just remembered that after I sent you a private message.
Viewer hasn't been updated for the new ASV machine...they were just released last summer and Viewer 2.0 has been out much longer.

Can you stop the order or get your money back? It simply is a waste of money.

You need either Encore Pro 2.5 or ENcore Pro 2.8 or Encore Basic...and Encore Basic is what I recommend.
It has every bit the data that Pro offers including waveform without the hassle of Pro SQL thingy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Pugsy wrote:
JohnBFisher wrote:PS .. Does anyone have a pointer to EncoreViewer 2.0 .. I purchased a copy but would like to get it up and running as soon as possible.
You bought it? EncoreViewer 2.0 won't work on the new PR S1 ASV machines...I just remembered that after I sent you a private message.
Viewer hasn't been updated for the new ASV machine...they were just released last summer and Viewer 2.0 has been out much longer.

Can you stop the order or get your money back? It simply is a waste of money.

You need either Encore Pro 2.5 or ENcore Pro 2.8 or Encore Basic...and Encore Basic is what I recommend.
It has every bit the data that Pro offers including waveform without the hassle of Pro SQL thingy.
Sigh! Sounds as if I will need to chat with CPAP.com about this next week. It was on the accessory page for the S1 ASV unit. If it won't work, I will just return it without opening it. They should refund the funds, since it will be going back in a salable condition.

Aren't computers a bundle of fun? It's little wonder that my non-computer focused friends get so frustrated dealing with them. They just want to buy them and use them as tools. They don't want to need to get some degree in computer engineering to make them work!!

Thanks for the help.

By the way, I tried changing the prescription, but without sleeping with it, SleepyHead still does not want to read the data. So, EncoreBasic ... here I come ... It does seem to read it ... and views the ASV unit as a ventilator. Yikes! I include it on my MedicAlert file and on my ICE app on my phone. But still. To have Respironics assume it's a type of ventilator in their application. Dang!

Thanks again for your help!

bilwakka

Post by bilwakka » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:28 pm

bilwakka,

What do you mean by a "non-working ResScan" - How is it non-working?

As for your disappearing graphs in SleepyHead, what operating system is your computer system running on? - Linux any chance?

Regards, Nate

re ResScan - Long story, mistakenly loaded the drivers on ResScan installation.
Seems that causes non-recognition of ResScan SD card by program.
I know the name of the drivers but can't locate them to delete.
(Must change identity!)
I'm not alone with this problem.

Re SleepyHead - I'm using Windows 7.
As previously stated, graphs showed up on initial use, but disappeared since.

Cheers

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:02 pm

bilwakka wrote:

(Must change identity!)
I'm not alone with this problem.…
Cheers
C:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Drivers

Simplest Solution:
Why don't you just use Control Panel/Add Remove Programs to delete your entire ResScan installation and then reinstall it from the downloaded Installer and this time don't add those drivers. Then you don't have to worry of pointers remaining if you were just to delete the Drivers folder.

Nate

rich0

Post by rich0 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:14 pm

DLB wrote:I had the PSmin and PSmax the same during both periods eliminating the PSmin correlation and confirming the Backup Rate correlation as the apparent cause of the data import bug!!!

Hopefully, this is an easy fix for JediMark!
Is there anything in your debug window? In the help menu there should be an option to turn it on. Look for messages when importing data. If you've already imported data after the day that didn't work then you might need to clear out your data and re-import it all, but backup your data directory before doing this.

Look for any messages about illegal codes/etc, or anything else that looks fishy.

I was having trouble getting data to import for one day due to SleepyHead not interpreting the length of an unknown code correctly. I ended up patching the source, but that won't help you much since I can't build for Windows (at least, I haven't tried). I did submit a bug and it sounds like Jedimark is going to incorporate the change.

If it is a misinterpreted code he might also need the files to work with.

JediMark - if you read this it might not hurt to throw in more verbose debug output when unusual codes are encountered. It probably would make bug reports and posts like this easier to work out. I've got a github branch with very noisy debug output, but that is probably overkill for ordinary users (I try to catch every return in my loader, among other things).
Machine: PRS1 AutoSV (950P)

bilwakka

Post by bilwakka » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

NateS wrote:
bilwakka wrote:

(Must change identity!)
I'm not alone with this problem.…
Cheers
C:\Program Files\ResMed\ResScan3\Drivers

Simplest Solution:
Why don't you just use Control Panel/Add Remove Programs to delete your entire ResScan installation and then reinstall it from the downloaded Installer and this time don't add those drivers. Then you don't have to worry of pointers remaining if you were just to delete the Drivers folder.

Nate
I've done that, several times, but doesn't resolve the problem.
Thanks anyway.

Cheers

DLB

Post by DLB » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:29 pm

Rich,

I started with a fresh Sleepyhead dataset today and for the first time, using my workaround, successfully loaded PAP, PulseOx, and ZEO data. Therefore, I don't have any of the old DEBUG information.

Frankly, I'm happy with the workaround and plan to spend the next few weeks finetuning my PAP settings and then I will probably go back to a set it and forget mode where I just check my data every few weeks or when I have a bad nights sleep.

Thanks,
DLB

NateS

Post by NateS » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:48 pm

bilwakka wrote: Seems that causes non-recognition of ResScan SD card by program.
I know the name of the drivers but can't locate them to delete.…
Well then, you also said:
I just told you where they are!

Regards, Nate

And if that doesn't work, install the appropriate sd driver for your Windows OS listed at the bottom of this page:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

If you don't want to install the official driver on your computer over what you now have, copy the contents of your existing sd card to a newly formatted blank sd card or flash drive and then insert that into your computer and download the data into ResScan.

Why give up so easily?

Regards, Nate

Nate