Cpap Pro - has anyone tried it?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
flocof

Cpap Pro - has anyone tried it?

Post by flocof » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi, I am wondering if this is just a gimick (as advertised on TV...) or if this nose mask actually works. Has anyone on this forum tried it?
http://www.nomask.com/
I watched the video and it does sound too good to be true!
flocof
Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt

2 B Sleeping Soundly

Re: Cpap Pro - has anyone tried it?

Post by 2 B Sleeping Soundly » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:52 pm

It is kind of interesting. I wonder if mouth breathers would have to use a chin strap to keep the mouth piece from moving/falling out and causing the nose pillows to loose contact and/or seal with the nose?

John

One time a cop pulled me over for running a stop sign. He said, "Didn't you see the stop sign?" I said, "Yeah, but I don't believe everything I read." -- Steven Wright

Kaylis

Post by Kaylis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 am

I've recently purchased a CPAP Pro and here are my comments on it (so far). I hope they are helpful.

* Adjusting the mask pieces has been frustrating because I'm having trouble getting the pillows to stay at my nostrils without being pushed inside the openings. Tonight I'm going to try twisting the tubes leading to them with small wire to stiffen them a bit.

* It is very quiet and I LOVE that there isn't a gust of air coming out from my face (I have an old Swift). I'm quickly getting used to the gently air coming out of the foam pieces.

* The mouth piece took two tries to get a good imprint, but this wasn't a big deal for me.

* I LOVE that my TMJ is feeling much better since the mouth piece holds my teeth apart at the front and doesn't let the teeth in the back clench.

* My lips are getting used to being more open than I'm used to them being. I had to up the humidity a bit so they stayed moist all night.

* My hair is much less messy in the morning (it's long).

All in all I'm still adjusting to it and modifying it, but I think I'll be happy and comfortable in the end.

tomhole

Post by tomhole » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:32 am

How can that be more comfortable / better than nasal pillows?

Kaylis

Post by Kaylis » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:52 am

Well, it is nasal pillows, but there isn't a head gear to deal with and it's got the added benefit of helping my jaw feel better all day.

RipVW

Post by RipVW » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Check out my chinstrap--> http://cpapchinstraps.com