OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
robysue

Re: OT-AN OPEN LETTER TO PUGSY

Post by robysue » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:51 am

Sludge wrote:
jnk... wrote:But people such as -SWS, Rested Gal, and ozij, just to name a few, make a lasting difference, I think, here or not.
I feel so left out!

Then again, maybe not.

Hoping to see you Sunday.
Sludge,

You've been missed too!

I've been around a very long time, but I am happy to say that your advice (back when you were Muffy and NotMuffy) has been critically important in getting me to derive benefit from this crazy therapy. And in helping me understand (and deal with) my non-OSA, non-PAP related sleep problems.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:16 am

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes.
Thank you to those that emailed me that jnk had started this thread. You know who you are.
I didn't know about it because I simply haven't been back to the forum.....haven't even been lurking.

My "retirement" has meant I have got a lot more of my outside projects done. And I seem to always be creating new projects.

I just now posted in one thread though...someone I was helping before I decided to stop coming here and someone I continued to try to help privately.
I posted some information mainly to help people understand how the Respironics auto mode machines work in the face of large leaks. I felt it was something that everyone could maybe learn from.

I may come by from time to time but I won't be posting much unless it is something special and I won't be reading all threads like I used to do.
I haven't decided what to do about private messaging just yet so for now I have kept PMs turned off.
I don't spend nearly as much time on the internet now and I kinda like it that way. I went through some initial "forum withdrawal" but once past that I found it was kinda nice to not feel the responsibility or especially the anger that I felt with the nastiness that caused me to want to leave. The anger was eating me up inside and I had to take care of me first because if I wasn't healthy myself then I couldn't really help anyone else like I wanted to.

So thanks to all my friends here for all the kind words. They do warm my heart.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Mudrock63

Post by Mudrock63 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:58 am

Pugsy wrote:Thank you everyone for the warm wishes.
Thank you to those that emailed me that jnk had started this thread. You know who you are.
I didn't know about it because I simply haven't been back to the forum.....haven't even been lurking.

My "retirement" has meant I have got a lot more of my outside projects done. And I seem to always be creating new projects.

I just now posted in one thread though...someone I was helping before I decided to stop coming here and someone I continued to try to help privately.
I posted some information mainly to help people understand how the Respironics auto mode machines work in the face of large leaks. I felt it was something that everyone could maybe learn from.

I may come by from time to time but I won't be posting much unless it is something special and I won't be reading all threads like I used to do.
I haven't decided what to do about private messaging just yet so for now I have kept PMs turned off.
I don't spend nearly as much time on the internet now and I kinda like it that way. I went through some initial "forum withdrawal" but once past that I found it was kinda nice to not feel the responsibility or especially the anger that I felt with the nastiness that caused me to want to leave. The anger was eating me up inside and I had to take care of me first because if I wasn't healthy myself then I couldn't really help anyone else like I wanted to.

So thanks to all my friends here for all the kind words. They do warm my heart.
Sweetheart, you helped more people here than you will ever know. You deserve to do or not do whatever makes you happy. God Bless!!!

hegel

Post by hegel » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Pugsy helped me in a variety of ways, and not just with her good advice. She pointed me in the right direction when I needed a new machine and was on a limited budget. She also sent me a hose hangar that I use every night, plus some other stuff, for free of course. And she always weighed in with good humor and generosity.

I think that it's up to us to cut down on the nastiness and aggression that drove Pugsy away. I don't blame her at all.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:20 pm

hegel wrote:I think that it's up to us to cut down on the nastiness and aggression that drove Pugsy away. I don't blame her at all.
So many plus ones today!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:24 pm

Thanks Pugsy for all that you have done for countless newbies and older folks, you are good captain and need a break from the every day endless problems of the board.
I like to lurk sometimes on this board, come back in 3 months and their will be a whole bunch of issues from folks who are learning about Apnea.
All the best.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Sun May 01, 2016 2:59 pm

carbonman wrote:There is no bad weather, just improper gear.
I am happy to report that the dignified gentleman with kind eyes and easy smile seemed to be perfectly equipped with proper gear for 48 degrees and light rain. Though the preceding six miles that he'd traveled rendered his hand a bit cooler than mine for the hearty handshake, he seemed strong and steady as he rode south, continuing his ride.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Sun May 01, 2016 3:12 pm

And thanks for your hospitality, Jeff!

I wish I could have stayed a little longer, but nonetheless, a pleasure to meet you, and I'm sure our paths shall cross again.
...other than food...

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Sun May 01, 2016 3:16 pm

You are welcome, sir. Any time. Thanks for the 1001 tribute!
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sun May 01, 2016 9:56 pm

What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

kteague

Post by kteague » Tue May 03, 2016 12:26 am

Just ran across Pugsy's response on another thread. Didn't want to derail that conversation so came here to admit when I saw Pugsy is back (to whatever degree) I had an unexpected spell of palpitations. lol My heart has calmed back down.

SleepyEyes21

Post by SleepyEyes21 » Wed May 04, 2016 12:27 am

+1