Anyone See Room for Improvement

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fdw

Anyone See Room for Improvement

Post by fdw » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:10 am

NEVER mind!
Last edited by fdw on Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ResMed AirSense S10 Autoset (Ins. Pur. 3/16/2016)
AutoCPAP 10-15 EPR 1.0 (Latest Sleep Study 3-7-16)
Started CPAP March 1995 with a pressure of 11.0

LSAT

Re: Anyone See Room for Improvement

Post by LSAT » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:51 am

Personally...I think you have too much time on your hands. Your numbers look great. Forget about them for a couple months.

fdw

Post by fdw » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:56 am

LSAT wrote:Personally...I think you have too much time on your hands. Your numbers look great. Forget about them for a couple months.
Not really what Im asking for......But thanks for your wise cracks, and complements. When your retired that's all you have.
ResMed AirSense S10 Autoset (Ins. Pur. 3/16/2016)
AutoCPAP 10-15 EPR 1.0 (Latest Sleep Study 3-7-16)
Started CPAP March 1995 with a pressure of 11.0

stage0

Post by stage0 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:00 am

I agree, numbers look good. One additional insight will be an overnight pulse oximeter test.....or just go to your local pharmacy ant buy a finger pulse ox that will give you your high and low sat levels.

library lady

Post by library lady » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:45 am

Yes, your numbers look good. There's no need to worry about an occasional high number, whether it be AHI, individual event, leaks, or anything else. Everyone has a bad night occasionally, and as long as you are usually at or below AHI of 5 there's no problem. If you start to go above 5 often, then you might want to come back here for advice or contact the doc who gave you the RX for a machine. Some events will still occur even with cpap use, and it is rare for a zero AHI to occur. Not much you can do improve on your numbers, really.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:23 pm

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:30 pm

fdw wrote:Sleeping really well lately, but still getting sleepy eyes when relaxing reading through out the morning and day.
Is this what you are wanting to fix?
You know that there's nothing screaming out on your software reports that needs fixing that might be the cause for the sleepiness.
We can't put these reports under the microscope and see with any certainty every possible culprit out there for a person feeling sleepy.

A remote (please note I said "remote") possibility might be the flow limitations.
A possibility might be the varying pressures you see with apap mode. There's always the possibility that there's some sort of low level arousal going on that you don't remember or notice that is maybe causing sleep quality disturbances.
I do suspect that your varying pressures are tied into those flow limitations but as to actual impact on what you perceive to be quality of sleep...clinical correlation is needed but unfortunately there is no easy way to correlate it.
I don't know if either is a problem or they both are.
The flow limitations could be disturbing sleep....the varying pressures could be disturbing sleep...the varying pressures trying to address the flow limitations could be disturbing sleep.

Could be none of the above are disturbing sleep and you just get sleepy because you just get sleepy.
Could be meds...if you take any.
Could be any number of things.
Could be you never know and just have to accept what you got.
Could be the stage of the moon.

I get sleepy all the time if I am not busy. It just means I get sleepy. It happens more often when I don't get enough hours of sleep but it can just as easily happen with 8 or 9 hours of sleep. It happens after a night with AHI of 0.0 just as often as a higher AHI night. Sometimes I never get sleepy and the report looks like I should feel like total crap.
I am 62 years old....I don't expect my body to feel like it did 30 years ago....though I do admit that I do wish I had a little of that back.

I think you are looking for absolute answers to questions that don't have absolute answers. Instead there's a lot of "maybe" answers. Wanting perfection when live simply doesn't give us old geezers perfection.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:41 pm

fdw, I think most would agree that your numbers look good and there probably isn't a lot of room for improvement. Also, I think most would agree that day to day fluctuations in AHI are normal and don't necessarily reflect a similar change in the quality of sleep. Further, I think most would agree that chasing those day to day fluctuations with changes in treatment is not likely to produce positive results.
I would suggest two things: First, as Den has suggested some time ago, you might try a fixed pressure, either set min and max the same, or change to cpap mode to see if fluctuations in pressure are disturbing your sleep. Probably a pressure somewhere around 12 would work for you. (you might also try going without the epr)
Now, the second thing I would recommend, not necessarily with the first, is don't look at you numbers at all for a week or so. Keep a log of what you are doing during the day, eating, exercising, caffeine, etc. and log how you feel the next day. See if there might be some relationship to what you are doing and how you feel the following day. After you have kept your log for a while, then go back and compare how you felt with the AHI that you haven't been looking at and see if there actually is a correlation. You don't have to look at your data, but don't forget to download at least every seven days if you want to keep the high resolution data.
Again, Pugsy has beaten me to the punch and our responses are similar, but I'll leave mine anyway.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:33 pm

fdw wrote:NEVER mind!
Oops...I guess he didn't like what we said.
Crap and I spent 30 minutes composing. I hate it when I waste my time like that.

I really, really wish that we did have clear cut answers all the time to all the questions and problems people have but the cold hard fact of life is....we simply don't/can't come up with absolutes like people want to have for answers.
CPAP can't fix everything and not everything is related to sleep or even sleep apnea.

I got the impression from all his posts that he felt better in general and was sleeping better with the new machine over the old machine and the old settings.
Better but not where he wanted to be.
I suspect most of us are in that boat....I know I am.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Oops...I guess he didn't like what we said.
Crap and I spent 30 minutes composing. I hate it when I waste my time like that.

I really, really wish that we did have clear cut answers all the time to all the questions and problems people have but the cold hard fact of life is....we simply don't/can't come up with absolutes like people want to have for answers.
CPAP can't fix everything and not everything is related to sleep or even sleep apnea.

I got the impression from all his posts that he felt better in general and was sleeping better with the new machine over the old machine and the old settings.
Better but not where he wanted to be.
I suspect most of us are in that boat....I know I am.
It could have been the thread I posted the link to where I suggested he try straight CPAP at 12 cm.
But, it's HIS therapy. He can set his pressure range however he wants......and still feel unrested. < sigh >

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Jay Aitchsee

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Pugsy wrote:I got the impression from all his posts that he felt better in general and was sleeping better with the new machine over the old machine and the old settings.Better but not where he wanted to be.I suspect most of us are in that boat....I know I am.
Me too.
Pugsy wrote:Oops...I guess he didn't like what we said.
I guess not. Pretty rude, I thought, especially after all the sincere advice he's been given.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Wulfman... wrote:It could have been the thread I posted the link to where I suggested he try straight CPAP at 12 cm.
But, it's HIS therapy. He can set his pressure range however he wants......and still feel unrested. < sigh >
Yeah..might be.
I didn't dwell on the cpap thing because he did that for years and said he thought he felt better with apap than he ever did on cpap but then that was a different machine. We had some private message exchanges awhile back and I mentioned the cpap thing vs apap and the changing pressures and again today if you noticed.
I just figured after 5 years on cpap if he thought he was a little better with apap there wasn't any real need to go back to cpap without giving apap more time...main reason I didn't jump on your cpap band wagon in that other thread. It's not like it was never tried/done. His previous machine was the Elite if I remember correctly. He's not a newbie to this therapy at all. Long term veteran who just got a S9 and discovered software (didn't use it with the other machine) and the software data created a data junkie.

He said he was better with this machine on apap (felt like he was sleeping better and feeling better with this machine)...just not where he wanted to be and I guess not happy with our responses that sometimes this is as good as you get.
No patience to just give it time. Not the first and won't be the last.
I guess I need to get my crystal ball fixed so it can come up with some better sounding answers.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:It could have been the thread I posted the link to where I suggested he try straight CPAP at 12 cm.
Yeah..might be.
I didn't dwell on the cpap thing because he did that for years and said he thought he felt better with apap than he ever did on cpap but then that was a different machine. We had some private message exchanges awhile back and I mentioned the cpap thing vs apap and the changing pressures and again today if you noticed.
I just figured after 5 years on cpap if he thought he was a little better with apap there wasn't any real need to go back to cpap without giving apap more time...main reason I didn't jump on your cpap band wagon in that other thread. It's not like it was never tried/done. His previous machine was the Elite if I remember correctly. He's not a newbie to this therapy at all. Long term veteran who just got a S9 and discovered software (didn't use it with the other machine) and the software data created a data junkie.

He said he was better with this machine on apap (felt like he was sleeping better and feeling better with this machine)...just not where he wanted to be and I guess not happy with our responses that sometimes this is as good as you get.
No patience to just give it time. Not the first and won't be the last.
I guess I need to get my crystal ball fixed so it can come up with some better sounding answers.

Yeah, it might be a little past due for service.......
What's the recommended posting service on yours.......about 20K posts?

Hang in there, Kid-O.

Den

User since 05/14/05

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Wulfman... wrote:What's the recommended posting service on yours.......about 20K posts?
Geez...has it been that many now...god I am getting tired...no wonder.
Maybe I need a new alias and start over like Sludge/Muffy/NotMuffy, et al....
Sigh but then I need to figure out how to bypass the forum knowing where I am at...and would mean more work...and I am too lazy to take on more work.

To be fair....I am sure 10 K of those are "Happy Birthday" and "great job" pats on the back...I am pretty sure.... so not nearly all that impressive as I add another one to the count.

Gotta go watch my Cardinals...later, guys.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Pugsy wrote: Geez...has it been that many now...god I am getting tired...no wonder.
Maybe I need a new alias and start over like Sludge/Muffy/NotMuffy, et al....
Gotta go watch my Cardinals...later, guys.
I don't know Pugsy... there are some wannabe contenders sneaking up on you (tho none as easy going as the Pugster... and some are downright bonkers ).

I hope you don't get too tired, cuz we still need your input.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.