OT: Time out and/or Duke it out thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMK

Re: OT: Time out and/or Duke it out thread

Post by AMK » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:04 pm

When I see the word Guest, my mind is conditioned now to immediately think, "Chimpanzee flinging his own poo." I'm concerned this may generalize into real life.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:54 pm

AMK wrote:When I see the word Guest, my mind is conditioned now to immediately think, "Chimpanzee flinging his own poo." I'm concerned this may generalize into real life.
That's very perceptive.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:14 am

avi123 wrote:Who knows how are Dori and her husband?
Mike passed away some time back.

I haven't heard much from Dori since then. She was a splendid woman.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:12 am

AMK wrote:When I see the word Guest, my mind is conditioned now to immediately think, "Chimpanzee flinging his own poo." I'm concerned this may generalize into real life.
When I see comments like yours I immediately wonder how many other usernames does this sock puppet have? Followed by why do people like this have an the need to be so destructive? Are you lsat's sock puppet, paleriders, or some of the many others?

Weren't you one of the ones who was whining because you didn't get your username without delay.

AMK

Post by AMK » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:29 pm

Guest wrote:
When I see comments like yours I immediately wonder how many other usernames does this sock puppet have? Followed by why do people like this have an the need to be so destructive? Are you lsat's sock puppet, paleriders, or some of the many others?

Weren't you one of the ones who was whining because you didn't get your username without delay.
If you log into your registered account, you can click my name and see my history of posts including my first posts. At the time I joined here I had no trouble signing up and posting right away. I can understand your concern about sock puppets, and I'm sure that there are people posting under more than one account here, but the sad fact is that even those of us who aren't sock puppets are occasionally going to express frustration at all the deliberate muck-raking via guest accounts. Do you not see the irony of making accusations like yours while posting as a guest? Does that just sail right over your head?

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:03 pm

AMK wrote:If you log into your registered account, you can click my name and see my history of posts including my first posts. At the time I joined here I had no trouble signing up and posting right away. I can understand your concern about sock puppets, and I'm sure that there are people posting under more than one account here, but the sad fact is that even those of us who aren't sock puppets are occasionally going to express frustration at all the deliberate muck-raking via guest accounts. Do you not see the irony of making accusations like yours while posting as a guest? Does that just sail right over your head?
There is no doubt that what has sailed completely over your head is before you posted your 1st snide comment there were 40936 posts, in this thread, none that were yours that is unless you have also posted here using your other usernames. So you want us to believe you have no dog in this fight but were just bored to death and "pining" for some negative interaction to make your day. So your day is now complete. Do sleep well now.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Guest wrote: there were 40936 posts, in this thread,
Views not posts.

Posts total 645 not counting this one.
Correction noted. The point is just as valid none the less and has now been reinforced.

AMK

Post by AMK » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:11 pm

My biggest sin here is adding a comment to a thread I hadn't posted to before? On a topic, and with an opinion, that I have actually posted about in other similar threads? Spin away, my friend.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Guest wrote:
Pugsy wrote:
Guest wrote: there were 40936 posts, in this thread,
Views not posts.

Posts total 645 not counting this one.
Correction noted. The point is just as valid none the less and has now been reinforced.
Seeing some similarity here...this is getting old DS

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:43 pm

AMK wrote:My biggest sin here is adding a comment to a thread I hadn't posted to before? On a topic, and with an opinion, that I have actually posted about in other similar threads? Spin away, my friend.
No spin at all. Just summarizing your agitating behavior.

quiltybe

Post by quiltybe » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 pm

I'm so glad this came up-- I've been reading the posts and was ready to leave because I didn't want to get into the middle of this.. I've only been using my Cpap since July and have learned from this forum that my problems are not unique.. Your help is invaluable to us newbies- we're all in this together so please don't let personalities spoil your great forum
Bev (^..^)

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:39 pm

kteague wrote:If the same people being offensive are being "corrected" by the same people with whom they have been in chronic conflict, there is no way to say it right. Those personalities and history remain. I implore those people (however well intentioned) to pass the baton - allow someone else to further the cause. If you cannot be seen as impartial your words will be seen as just another battering ram under the guise of civility.
+100.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:05 pm

palerider wrote: You keep forgetting that dreamstalker pillock.... Of course, why would you name yourself.
pillock? Interesting, number 3 on the list ...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2 ... understand

Been in Dallas for long?

BS

Post by BS » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Uncle_Bob wrote: Been in Dallas for long?
could be he's never been to dallas

Grace~~~

Post by Grace~~~ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:18 am

OP, Pugsy, The brilliant new Duke of CPAPtalk ~~~

I have no idea what moderation is really about, but I loved the idea of this thread when you first tried to make it work.
Now that you are all powerful, in addition to the snazzy truck, I hope you get a magic button to send things to the DuKe it out thread.

... some of us like being naughty and reading things .... C L RFUL ... in between learning and being inspired.

I hope there's a special place where improper font use can be ridiculed and other socially unacceptable behaviors examined. Good can come from foul. Isn't that whole mold/penicillin story true?

This thread (I think?) also contains that "Johnny Post" that was so great about freedom. I can't remember it because I have no brain cells left but I do remember thinking that ... W W ... that was great ... Like this Pugsy thread idea was great.

And even though I know nothing really of the internet, I immediately got the vibe that CPAPtalk was a bit of fresh air in a choked up world gasping for freedom.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.