WHY!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Grace~~~

Re: WHY!!!!

Post by Grace~~~ » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:47 pm

AMK wrote: You are aware, I hope, that the "rights" you defend only protect trolls. Here is an example. In the real world, we are not allowed to steal without the threat of negative consequences. But whose freedom does that actually limit? Only thieves. Whose freedom would be limited here if there were consequences for name-calling, acting up with guest accounts, or misuse of the spam button? Not mine, not in the slightest.
Hi Beautiful AMK ~~~

There are negative consequences here? Seems like everyone has a right to point out when someone is 'less than knowledgeable'. In the current case the 'less than knowledgeable' poster also has a rather off putting personality, so even without the help of others pointing it out and fighting with him/her, ~~~ *I* think(?) even newbies would be suspicious of the information of this dindong?.. Particularly when you have the dozen or so super geniuses that frequent this forum giving remarkable information.

The scary situation is when pretty and agreeable and down right SWEETHEARTS are not really very bright. The scariest world would be where no one could call out a entrenched and popular 'personality' ... due to moderation rules ... who either gave bad or else 'very weak' advice.

I would NEVER want to give up my freedom to hear all points of view.
I've experiences quite a few geniuses in real life that are utter assholes.

...but thank God for their brilliant minds.

Deleting posts does not have the power that openly refuting posts wields.
That's what is always going on at cpaptalk. I think it's a GOOD THING ... given the alternatives.
Began XPAP May 2016. Autoset Pressure min. 8 / max 15. Ramp off. ERP set at 2. No humidity. Sleepyhead software installed and being looked at daily, though only beginning to understand the data.

AMK

Post by AMK » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Grace~~~ wrote:
AMK wrote: You are aware, I hope, that the "rights" you defend only protect trolls. Here is an example. In the real world, we are not allowed to steal without the threat of negative consequences. But whose freedom does that actually limit? Only thieves. Whose freedom would be limited here if there were consequences for name-calling, acting up with guest accounts, or misuse of the spam button? Not mine, not in the slightest.
Hi Beautiful AMK ~~~

There are negative consequences here? Seems like everyone has a right to point out when someone is 'less than knowledgeable'. In the current case the 'less than knowledgeable' poster also has a rather off putting personality, so even without the help of others pointing it out and fighting with him/her, ~~~ *I* think(?) even newbies would be suspicious of the information of this dindong?.. Particularly when you have the dozen or so super geniuses that frequent this forum giving remarkable information.

The scary situation is when pretty and agreeable and down right SWEETHEARTS are not really very bright. The scariest world would be where no one could call out a entrenched and popular 'personality' ... due to moderation rules ... who either gave bad or else 'very weak' advice.

I would NEVER want to give up my freedom to hear all points of view.
I've experiences quite a few geniuses in real life that are utter assholes.

...but thank God for their brilliant minds.

Deleting posts does not have the power that openly refuting posts wields.
That's what is always going on at cpaptalk. I think it's a GOOD THING ... given the alternatives.
But that's what's going on now. Registered users who are not mods are abusing their spam buttons to delete posts that they don't like.

And we aren't talking about a board where no one can call out misinformation. If someone gives bad advice here, or is mistaken about something, it is possible to correct them without vitriol and name-calling. You can envision that, can't you? I hope so because I have just done that with you.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:07 pm

AMK wrote:
DreamStalker wrote: Such is life ... we all must live with the consequences of our own decisions.

Interestingly, you quoted the original post for this thread, a post which was clearly designed to initiate the entire thread into continued forum conflict. Anyone who doesn't realize that intent is either pretending to be stupid or actually quite stupid. And to be clear, I am NOT calling you @FrederickRose stupid ... quite the opposite, I know that you know the true intent of this original thread post (some of the other members who've posted, I may have some doubt).

As with any forum, and in real life too, there are people who are difficult to relate to and even some who we just cannot get along with no matter how hard we may try. Admittedly, there are a few members here who I cannot get along with and I make minimal effort to hide that fact. Likewise I am aware that there are many more members who dislike my personality but that's how it is in real life.

As a forum member who has participated in this awesome forum for over 11 years, my view of the current state of the forum is that many members have been offended by the politically derogatory term "libtard", a term that appears to have manifest after/during the last US presidential election. It's not the first time US presidential politics has crept into the forum except that in the past, everyone simply accepted the victory/defeat and moved on. This time it's been different. The national political conflict has continued and so it also continues here within the forum.

Anyway, my view of the current state of forum conflict also appears to be to create as much of a forum temper tantrum to emotionally guilt Johnny (the forum owner) into revising his un-moderated forum policy just so those "offended/insulted" forum members can get rid of those they cannot agree to ever get along with. It is currently a sad state of the forum just as it is for the nation -- but hardly a reason to abandon all the good information available here just as it is to abandon this nation ... IMO.

I do hope that you consider your decision carefully because I feel that you have much to contribute to what makes this forum the best anywhere ... nonetheless, I wish you the best of luck regardless of what you decide.
One thing I find interesting is that I went to xxyzx's first post in this forum, where he was asking for help, and you are the one who attempted to derail his thread by going off topic and calling names. At that time, xxyzx ignored all your shit-slinging and continued to only respond to the people who were actually trying to help him. Now that xxyzx is a problem, you are here to counsel us all on the best approach.
Well despite your missing the whole point of my previous post in this thread,
I do still hope Fred (the actual target of my previous post) hangs around.

And for the record ... I've never attempted to derail any of xxyzx's posts nor have I ever called him/her any names. The only ones I've ever called names around here are on a relatively short list. Let me know if you'd like to be added ... or maybe you've already unknowingly added yourself to it?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm

AMK wrote:
xxyzx wrote: that is the way libtard bullies are

palerider started it
then other bullies joined in
finally mob mentality took over
and everyone piled on in a shark attack
That is incorrect. Palerider was attempting to help you in your first thread. DreamStalker jumped in and called palerider a "freekin idiot." To your credit, at the time, you ignored this and kept your focus on your thread's subject.
Yes indeed I did call the palerider (the forum devil troll ... oops! did just call him another name?) a "freekin idiot" because that same day he was trolling all the newbie posts as he usually does. And palerider's comment was indeed an idiot comment intended to humiliate xxyzx just as he continues to do to almost everyone on the forum except a handful of his supporters ... are you one of them?
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:40 pm

DreamStalker wrote:
Yes indeed I did call the palerider (the forum devil troll ... oops! did just call him another name?) a "freekin idiot" because that same day he was trolling all the newbie posts as he usually does. And palerider's comment was indeed an idiot comment intended to humiliate xxyzx just as he continues to do to almost everyone on the forum except a handful of his supporters ... (...)
Yeah... but now he's in second place. If xx leaves, no doubt he will go back to first. Once a troll who intimidates (new) people, always a troll. I've asked palerider nicely to stop referring to me as a troll when he quotes me, but noooo, because I'm not one of his supporters and never will be.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Gerald?

Post by Gerald? » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Trolls are not new. Nor is how to deal with them.

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-10-24

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:34 pm

Gerald? wrote:Trolls are not new. Nor is how to deal with them.

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-10-24
+1

Yep. I suppose that's a common thread within this forum ... few of us are quitters.