What is the perfect humidification setting on s9?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Matty332

What is the perfect humidification setting on s9?

Post by Matty332 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:58 pm

G'day,

Who else LOVES humidification? This to me is one of the biggest positives of CPAP. It is so nice in the middle of freezing winter getting into bed and turning the CPAP on, and slowly feeling the air warm up and feeling that lovely warm euphoria rush through your body slowly warming you up. I love that.

Just wanted to know what a good humidification setting on the s9 is. I have just left mine at 3 (haven't investigated how to change it). I read somewhere the higher the humidification the better it is for your lungs. Is 3 the max? Also the hotter the better right? Mine is on preset.

greatunclebill

Re: What is the perfect humidification setting on s9?

Post by greatunclebill » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:51 pm

humidity is a personal comfort setting. i wouldn't worry about what is good for someone else. if yours feels good to you the way it is, leave it as is. if not, adjust it up or down. i don't see how someone else can write an article and say higher humidity is better for your lungs. personally, my humidity feels better when it is on one. my wife's humidity feels best when it is off and the tank is dry.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

osako

Post by osako » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:05 pm

G'day to you too! I use the s9 with the H5i humidifier as well. Sounds like you are using a manual setting for the humidifier. It goes to six I think so yours is at a moderate level. I love humidity too, however I've found that too much humidity is not a good thing. It can lead to water condensing in the tube and possibly running down the hose into your mask (rain out). Or the condensation can make gurgling sounds in the tube which may wake you up. If you don't have any problems and are happy with where yours is set then that's great. If you're looking to experiment with your setup, and if you have a ClimateLine hose, then you might want to try the automatic climate control feature of your machine. With climate control enabled you just set the temperature a few degrees higher than your bedroom, or a few more if you like high humidity. It works really well for me.

msradar65

Post by msradar65 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:21 pm

I use mine set on automatic with climateline at 72 in the winter and right now during the summer I am on passover. Humidity is very individual thing.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software