Disposal of old CPAP Machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
99DRM

Disposal of old CPAP Machine

Post by 99DRM » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Suggestions on how to dispose or donate an old CPAP machine would be appreciated.

apneawho

Re: Disposal of old CPAP Machine

Post by apneawho » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:42 pm

awakeinamerica.org

JohnBFisher

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:49 pm

If you have a really old machine, even the donation process would not be of help. In that case, see if your community / county has a waste reclamation process for electronic waste. This includes computers, stereo systems, and yes, CPAP devices. Our does. I had a couple units that I donated through that route.

Of course, if you know someone who has sleep apnea and needs a new unit, that is also another choice. I donated one unit that way - to someone I know. Saved them a few hundred dollars on a BiPAP unit that was only a couple years old. So, still a pretty good unit.

If the unit is a newer machine, you might consider donating the machine:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5712947_donate- ... chine.html

For example, I donated a machine and some supplies to a sleep study lab / DME, who made it a habit of scheduling open slots with people who could not afford their sleep studies. The business owner was donating "excess capacity" and used older units to supply the equipment.

So, those are some ideas on how you might handle an older CPAP machine you no longer need.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

ThirdOutOfFive

Post by ThirdOutOfFive » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:30 pm

You could try giving it to a local clinic. Your doc might have the names of some clinics for uninsured patients.

apneawho

Post by apneawho » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:18 pm

I have seen people in need posting message on this forum from time to time.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:20 pm

If it still works...keep it for a back up.

headbored

Post by headbored » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Perhaps you could give the machine to someone who needs a back up,better than trashing it.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:43 pm

I use my old dataless CPAP as a convenient hose dryer. I am not quite ready to part with my 2nd backup and not sure anyone would want a dataless, no expiration relief CPAP.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.

the dutch girl

Post by the dutch girl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I have several c pap machines that are in working order and some of them have new supplies to go with them. I know there must be someone or some organization that could use them. I will give them away, but I cannot afford to ship all if the machines. I live in the Dallas Metroplex area.

the dutch girl

Post by the dutch girl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 pm

I have several c pap machines that are in working order and some of them have new supplies to go with them. I know there must be someone or some organization that could use them. I will give them away, but I cannot afford to ship all if the machines. I live in the Dallas Metroplex area.

msradar65

Post by msradar65 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Why don't you list what you have and see if a member can use the machines. Then you can arrange payment for shipping via paypal.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 pm

Don't know if this is bogus or not, but this person posted a few days ago looking for free machine, perhaps would be willing to pay for shipping:

viewtopic/t73545/seeking-a-donation.html

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask