General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:43 am

Why don't we restart the putting of pictures of ourselves for our avatars? I really enjoyed it awhile back when we did this and some of us actually did it. Putting pictures with the personalities was so much fun. And if we pull of having a getogether, we will know who eaxh otgher are.

lynn

Post by lynn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:49 am

In case we can't remember how to do Avatars, I thought these instructions from Janelle a while back were really helpful:

"For Avatars you take take any photo file on your computer, open it in whatever photo editing program you have, go to resize and choose pixels versus inches, etc. Size must be no higher or wider than 80 pixels. Reduce the resolution if you can to 72 dpi. Save the file as xavatar.jpg/gif and then go to Profile at the top of the page on Cpaptalk.com. This will open up your Profile. Scroll down to nearly the bottom of the page and there will be a window where you can browse your C drive to find the file (you DO remember where you saved it, right?), click on that and it will show the file path in the window. Scroll further down and click Submit and that's all there is to it."

That's not me - that's True

Grabraham

Post by Grabraham » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:04 am

There I be... that is paint from a paintball afternoon with my 13 yearold on my jacket.

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:32 am

So you're suggesting I get rid of Roxy wearing my old Tilley T3 and go back to me leaning against my '97 Miata? Or maybe I should get a pic of me leaning against my '91 FrankenMiata instead. (Waiting for someone to ask what a FrankenMiata is.)
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

peg

Post by peg » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:01 am

OK, I'll bite.
What's a FrankenMiata?

BTW
I get my red Miata next year. 50th birthday present to me from me!

WAFlowers

Post by WAFlowers » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:42 am

It's a Frankenstein's monster of a Mazda Miata. It started life as a '91 (which came with a 1.6L engine) but has a '97 1.8L engine in it, a '99 crossover air intake tube, seats from a '99, carpeting from a '93 Limited Edition (the fabulous and rare red interior), dashboard from an I-don't-know-what, a passenger door from a car that is a different color, and so on.

The motor was rebuilt by me this spring with the help of some friends to fix collapsed oil rings. I had to have the piston sleeves bored to eliminate scoring and the crankshaft turned. I also lightened the flywheel. It has an Excedy Stage 1 clutch in it and MazdaSpeed competition engine mounts.

I've got an air flow meter (AFM) from an '86 RX-7 waiting to be installed as soon as I can figure out how to make it fit and what to do about an air intake to really go with the FrankenMiata theme. (I sure wish LoneRider lived closer so he could help!) This is needed because the '91 AFM won't flow enough air for a 1.8L engine at top revs, and you can't use the sensor from later years without changing out the computer and all the wiring.

The FrankenMiata is my project car that I'll be using for autocross. Our red '97 is our fun car for drives in the country with the local Miata club. They are both great caras and a lot of fun!
The CPAPer formerly known as WAFlowers

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:54 am

Hey RockNRoll,

I agree and I left my picture on from the beginning and the pictures of my equipment (which the majority could do without) but hey, I like it and I am 65 years old and I can do what I want.

Judy

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:50 pm

Hate any photos of myself, so no comments, please. I just didn't know how to make it larger. It's hard to see (better that way...).
L o R i

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:54 pm

Lori,

I can see it and its a very nice picture. Look at mine, I am old, fat and tired from not sleeping God knows how many years before I diagnosed myself in July of 2004.

Its very nice to see all of you when we are talking. Thanks for sharing.

Judy

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:57 pm

Lori and JudyAnn, I think you both look fabulous and bravo for having the security in yourself to post a picture of yourselves. I love it!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:58 pm

Judy,

Please, we all probably feel like you do about our photos. I have never taken one that I like of myself, except the one I should posted when I was 23 and 110 lbs. This is last year, so it's semi-recent and 14 lbs. heavier than what I am now. May I use that AND the excuse it was pre-CPAP to soften looking at it?

Thank you for your sweet words. I figured, let's just see what we look like instead of worrying about vanity. Now I just hope more brave people like us share...
L o R i

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:00 pm

I like my cat's photo better...but thanks, R&R. Maybe this will slow me down with how many posts I make so my photo isn't splattered all over this site...never thought I'd see myself in so many places. It's a bit disconcerting .
L o R i

rock and roll

Post by rock and roll » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:03 pm

Lori, you are gorgeous, why would you be insecure about. I got news for you. when you changed it you created about 1430 copies of it. It is retroactive.

I hope eveybody follows your lead!

Sleepless on LI

Post by Sleepless on LI » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:05 pm

Oh, R&R, I know!!! My face is splattered all over this site now!!! I'm not one to put my photo anywhere, let alone where it became wallpapered over a thousand times.

Thanks for trying to make me feel better. Like my husband always says, when someone gives you a compliment, just say thank you and that's it.

So, thank you.
L o R i

JudyAnn

Post by JudyAnn » Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:22 pm

Thanks Lori
and Rock and Roll..........I feel fabulous now!!!

Its a fun thing to do, I think.

Judy