how can I read data from SD-Card from Resmed S9

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Astrophytum

how can I read data from SD-Card from Resmed S9

Post by Astrophytum » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi forumusers,

sorry for by bad English, but I hope you're understand me nevertheless.

In some days I will get an Resmed S9. I have the software Resscan 3.11.

Ok, I can plug an USB-Port-Device to the S9 and can read the data from S9 to PC. But, how can I read the data direct from SD to PC.

Does I need an special SD-Card-Reader or does I need an normal SD-Crad-Reader with an special chip in the card-reader?

THank you very much for helping,
an 'Good Sleeping',
Regards,
Astrophytum

MauiDozer

Re: how can I read data from SD-Card from Resmed S9

Post by MauiDozer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:42 pm

I use a USB SD card reader. You take the SD card from the S9 and put it into the card reader which plugs into the USB port. They sell them at Radio Shack or you can get it at CPAP.com online.

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:29 pm

Astrophytum wrote:Hi forumusers,

sorry for by bad English, but I hope you're understand me nevertheless.

In some days I will get an Resmed S9. I have the software Resscan 3.11.

Ok, I can plug an USB-Port-Device to the S9 and can read the data from S9 to PC. But, how can I read the data direct from SD to PC.

Does I need an special SD-Card-Reader or does I need an normal SD-Crad-Reader with an special chip in the card-reader?

THank you very much for helping,
an 'Good Sleeping',
Regards,
Astrophytum
I'm not sure what you are asking, but I'll try to help. Your ResScan software can read the data off of the card, which you plug into a regular or generic SD card reader. You can buy the card reader at any electronics store, as mentioned by MauiDozer. (Radio Shack is an electronics store found all over America.) A USB SD Card reader is fine. You do not need a special card reader.

lbw

Post by lbw » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

Check your computer tower. I have a fairly basic computer but it has a SD card reader on the front of the tower. Did not have to buy anything extra.

Astrophytum

Post by Astrophytum » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:53 pm

Hi,

thank you for helping.

My quesetion was: can I use EVERY SD-cardreader, or does I need a special cardreader from Resmed, so used in Resmed S8.

Kind Regards,
Astrophytum

rdfry

Post by rdfry » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:00 pm

A regular card reader is all you need. The s nine uses an sd card for its data
Mask: bleep and F30i
Machine: Resmed S10 Autoset

jcheese

Post by jcheese » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:19 pm

Can someone be so kind as to PM me the Resmed software?

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:45 pm

jcheese wrote:Can someone be so kind as to PM me the Resmed software?
How are they going to send you a private message

jcheese

Post by jcheese » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:42 pm

To LoQ,
OOPs I thought I was signed up - I am now.
Sorry, but thanks for telling me.

burke2969

Post by burke2969 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:44 pm

Could someone please PM me the Software for the S9

XSnorer

Post by XSnorer » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:04 pm

Perhaps I too need a PM. I can't seem to get Resscan 3.11 to recognize the SD card reader (jump drive) with the SD card.

Flower51

Post by Flower51 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:18 pm

I am very computer challenged. I'll see if my ds can help download software onto my computer but then what? If I take my sd card out of the back of my S9 auto, can I just insert it where I'd insert, for example, the sd card from my camera into the side of my laptop? If I do that how do I prevent whatever else happens whilst I'm on the computer trying to check data from erasing anything important from my SD card that I may need for settings or checks by my dme? Forgive my ignorance of all this please! Thanks, Terry

254/192/goal 145

XSnorer

Post by XSnorer » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Ignore my earlier message. Figured it out. My SD card was not securely positioned in the jump drive. Also, I had not installed any drivers. However, I'm wondering if installing the drivers was necessary. I'll probably uninstall the drivers next time and see if the program still reads the SD card.

robysue

Post by robysue » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Flower51 wrote:
I am very computer challenged. I'll see if my ds can help download software onto my computer but then what? If I take my sd card out of the back of my S9 auto, can I just insert it where I'd insert, for example, the sd card from my camera into the side of my laptop?
Yes, you insert the SD card in the same way that you insert the SD card from your camera. You'll need to launch ResScan to download the raw data into ResScan. ResScan doesn't launch automatically on my PC at least.
If I do that how do I prevent whatever else happens whilst I'm on the computer trying to check data from erasing anything important from my SD card that I may need for settings or checks by my dme? Forgive my ignorance of all this please! Thanks, Terry
You shouldn't need to worry too much about the computer doing something to the SD card.

The absolute worst case (which has happened to me) is that when you put the SD card back into the S9, you get an "Invalid Card" error instead of "Reading SD card". If this happens you can fix the problem as follows:

Step 1) Click "No" when the S9 asks you if you want to erase data and take the card back out of the S9 [You only need to do this if you want to keep the raw data on the card, otherwise just skip to Step 4.]

Step 2) Put the SD card back in your card reader and back up all the data files from the SD card to your computer's hard drive so you don't lose it. [ResScan reads the data and then writes a database file for the raw data. The raw data is not stored in the ResScan folders as near as I can tell.]

Step 3) Properly unmount the SD card from the PC.

Step 4) Put the SD card back in the S9. You'll get another "Invalid Card" error message. This time, let the S9 erase the data on the card. When it's done, the S9 will be happy with the card and record all the detailed data just fine the next time you run it.

NOTE: This is what actually happens when you let the S9 erase the data on the cardi: The S9 first wipes out *all* the files on the card. Then it writes all of its internally stored information about the current (not default) settings and current, up-to-date summary data to the card and then sets the card up for storing detailed data if it's an S9 Auto or S9 Elite and Sleep Quality is turned On.

Hopefully you won't ever get the Invalid Card error, but if you do, you now know what to do to fix it.

hapy

Post by hapy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:23 pm

Need help!

I have ResScan 3.11 installed and myself set up as a patient. I have the program open, patient open, put SD card in reader on front of computer tower and when I click "#2 Download Data" I get a dialog box sayng "There are NO devices available for downloading data. Connect a flow generator or data card and try again." I removed the SD card and reinserted it and got the same error. When I close the error dialog box, I get another dialog box labeled "Download Data". This box has my patient name and the type of data I want downloaded and directs me to just push the download button. Unfortunately it's grayed out and you can't push it.
Any thoughts?

Laura