Has anyone tried Respironics EncoreView 2

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
park_ridge_dave

Has anyone tried Respironics EncoreView 2

Post by park_ridge_dave » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,

I have the Respironics REMstar Pro C-Flex+ (System One). I was told that EncoreView 1 doesn't work with it. (Factory "support" says the same thing).

Yet on another sales site they say that Version 2 is shipping and it does work with my unit ("any SD card CPAP unit from Respironics").

I only trust the forum users soooooooo Has anyone got the straight "skinny" on this? (i.e. has anyone tried it yet?)

Dave

Let's be careful out there! Because no matter where you go..... There you are :lol:

Slinky

Re: Has anyone tried Respironics EncoreView 2

Post by Slinky » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:07 pm

EncoreViewer was specifically for patients software for Respironics devices up until but NOT including the new PR SystemOnes.

To the best of my knowledge PR has not yet provided an updated version of EncoreViewer compatiable w/the PR S1s

On the other hand, EncorePro is the "professional" software intended for sleep professionals ONLY. The PR S1s require the new EncorePro v. 2.2 and v.2.2 is out there but availability to patients is ..... not intended. However, there are those innovative patients who have been able to obtain copies.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

blakepro

Post by blakepro » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:29 pm

I use it. Its an annoying program but it works. Nice to be able to see the data.

If you ask around I'm sure someone will help you find it.

I'm really hoping for the patient version soon. I'm sure it will be much lighter and less clunky.

The pro version is intended for handling huge numbers of patients. Not one or two. So it sets up a big old database structure when its really not needed for home use.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Slinky and Blakepro,

Thanks! That's what I figured. I wish I would have known, maybe I could have gotten the Resmed instead??

Oh well, guess I will just have to be patient as I sure don't want to spend several hundred dollars for Encore Pro

Thanks for the update.

Cheers,

Dave

RLAUREN

Post by RLAUREN » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Respironics replied to an email that the Encore View for Sys One machines should be available by May. Lets see