THE GREAT PILLOW EXCHANGE

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
nanwilson

Re: THE GREAT PILLOW EXCHANGE

Post by nanwilson » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:59 am

edited
Thanks
Nan

EDIT: The ultra is gone but will still trade the nasal mask for another hybrid.
Last edited by nanwilson on Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

BeanMeScot

Post by BeanMeScot » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

As a PSA, http://cgi.ebay.com/120733611053?ru=htt ... 9120259211 is an Ebay auction where you can get 10 Swift LT pillows in any size for $29 shipped. GREAT price. I bought a set on the 6th and they arrived today. I have no affiliation with the lister, just passing along a good deal.

digitaleagle

Post by digitaleagle » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:54 am

I just got a new Swift FX and have a small and large pillow that I can't use. (Never used) If someone would like to exchange a Medium pillow for either of these please PM me. Thanks.

digitaleagle

Post by digitaleagle » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

Anyone? My DME used to exchange these for my size but told me they won't do that anymore. Great service. NOT!

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 pm

Good luck with that,DigitalEagle. I have been trying to find someone (anyone) on here to trade me for the xs and small pillows that I have, so I can get a medium Swift Fx pillow too, and I log on here every day to see if someone has PM'd me for an exchange, and I am disappointed daily.

Pressure 6-10 cm

digitaleagle

Post by digitaleagle » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:27 am

OK - I thought there would be people wanting to do exchanges. Guess not. I don't know why Resmed doesn't offer a new mask with the pillow size that patients need. (Like two of the same size) Having three sizes, where two don't fit is stupid IMO. Most people will get it sized from their DME before they order it anyway. Or - just give me one pillow and lower the price.

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:48 pm

yes, there are apparently some people here on this site that are able to actually make the trades, but I have had no luck with getting a Medium and I am getting discouraged. I think the Medium is the most popular size. I am thinking about going to Ebay to buy some in the size i want. The DME chages $6- 8.00 per pillow I think. It would be nice if we could get 3 pillows of our correct size, or charge us less for one, but I don't think ResMed cares what the end-users want. When it comes time for new machine in 5 years, I think I am going for an intellipap.

Pressure 6-10 cm

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:07 am

Just received my new Respcare Hybrid and I have the following for trade.

2 sets small pillows and cushion
1 set large pillows and cushion
l Original Comfortgel nasal mask size medium

I need
Medium set of pillows and cradle for the Hybrid

All above from non smoking no pet homes please.
Thanks
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

suemm88

Post by suemm88 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been using a CPAP for a little over a year. I have a Respironics machine, and have Optilife pillows to trade. I need petite, so I have a small, a medium, and a large to swap. Anyone interested?
Just let me know if you are, and hopefully we can work something out.
Glad I found this board. Lots of good information here. Sue

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:30 am

codinqueen wrote:yes, there are apparently some people here on this site that are able to actually make the trades, but I have had no luck with getting a Medium and I am getting discouraged. I think the Medium is the most popular size. I am thinking about going to Ebay to buy some in the size i want. The DME chages $6- 8.00 per pillow I think.
My DME charges nearly $30 for replacement pillow and my co pay is a little less than $6.
I would suggest Ebay until someone comes along here with some to trade. Most of us can only get a whole new mask package with the 3 sizes once every 6 months. So traffic here can be sparse at times.
digitaleagle wrote:OK - I thought there would be people wanting to do exchanges. Guess not.
They do and will trade. Just happens that no one seems to have any now or the new people aren't aware of this thread.

I will be eligible for new mask this week. I will have a medium to trade and maybe a large depending on if I get the Swift FX for Her or the regular.
suemm88 wrote:Hi everyone. I'm new here, but have been using a CPAP for a little over a year. I have a Respironics machine, and have Optilife pillows to trade. I need petite, so I have a small, a medium, and a large to swap. Anyone interested?
I have one Optilife Petite. New in sealed package. Give me a few minutes and I will send you a PM.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

gailandartie

Post by gailandartie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 pm

I have 6 Swift FX mediums in new sealed packages.

I also have 6 Swift FX XSmalls in original zip-locked plastic bags labeled XS.

I am looking for Swift FX Smalls in new sealed packages.

PM if interested.

Gail

codinqueen

Re: THE GREAT PILLOW EXCHANGE* postage cost

Post by codinqueen » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:32 pm

Just a heads-up to Swift FX pillow traders: If you use a small bubble envelope to send these out in the USPS mail, the cost for postage is about $1.71. I had 3 Forever stamps on the one I was sending out Monday and it was returned today for an additional 39 cents postage. I also got one last week from another member, with 2 forever stamps on it and the post office wanted an additional 83 cents for delivering it to me. Another member told me she mailed hers out from the Post Office and the postage was $1.71, weighed and computed by the United States Postal Service clerk. So be advised that 3 Forever stamps is not enough, since it will cause the envelope to be returned to you for more postage, or the recipient will be asked to pay the additional postage, if the post office decides to send it anyway without enough postage. You will need at least 3 Forever stamps and one additional 39 cent stamp, (or 4 Forever stamps), or take it to the local post office and have your envelope weighed so you can pay for the appropriate amount of postage. It is still a heck of a deal to pay about $1.81 in postage to trade these, much better than paying full-price at the DME. Gone are the days of sending these with only a couple of stamps.

Pressure 6-10 cm

paullmont3@windstream.net

Post by paullmont3@windstream.net » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:34 am

I need a med. LT women's pillow. I have a XS and S for a swap if anyone is interested.

Dojers

Post by Dojers » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:58 pm

I have the small and large nasal pillows for the Resmed Mirage Liberty mask. Looking for the medium nasal pillows for the same mask. I will continue to have those size pillows every 3 months unless something changes with my insurance.

edubbrulez

Post by edubbrulez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:22 am

I have 1 Swift FX Large (new)

Looking for: Swift FX Medium (new)

PM if interested

Thanks,
Erik

EDIT: Large has been traded.

Last edited by edubbrulez on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.