M Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex Setting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman

Re: M Series Auto CPAP with A-Flex Setting

Post by Wulfman » Tue May 05, 2009 8:47 am

DNAClone wrote:DEN,
You make two valid points. I guess if there are leaks they will show up in the data. I wish they had daily results included rather than a rollong average. My leaks are 39m/L which apparently is within the acceptable range for an LT Swift. I have been contemplating trying the Resmed Nasal Activa which although more bulky is more comfortable since the pressure feels less concentrated. I may try an experimental swich next week when I have the software. I tiried the the C Flex last night and it seemed to work better than the A Flex.

One other question; should the display with the data and settings be lit? Mine is fairly dark and I need to shine a bright light on it to view the data. Since it is covered, you would think that it should be lit or at leasrt light up when used. Thanks again!
If you're asking ME......I don't know.....I've never even been close to an M Series machine. Maybe someone else can "shed some light on the subject". (pun intended)

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

track

Post by track » Tue May 05, 2009 8:57 am

I keep a lamp directly over the remstar to see the LD screen..it does not light up.

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Tue May 05, 2009 1:16 pm

Some people like A-flex while others like C-flex and a few don't like either one. I don't think I could go without exhale relief of some kind.

No back light on the LCD screen. Keep your flashlight handy although some feel that the Bright Blue Lights are almost enough to read it.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

feeling_better

Post by feeling_better » Tue May 05, 2009 1:40 pm

Wulfman wrote:For what it's worth, when I started therapy, I turned off the leak alert and auto off functions. I don't want anything waking me up or my machine shutting off if I have a large leak. I want it to keep blowing air so I can keep breathing.
Den
I have exactly the same view and practice. Even a leaking cpap is immensely better than a shut off machine, which even further restricts your air flow than your possibly naturally (partially) obstructed air way path !!

With a bit of useage, you would slowly (partially) wake up if there are (unusually) large leaks and train yourself to automatically readjust/reposition your mask to reduce the leaks --- the leaking noise is a much soother alarm for me. When the machine is shut off, you have to be practically fully awake to fiddle around to find the right buttons to restart... often in the process changing the aflex/cflex level because that is the other button...
Resmed S9 Elite cpap mode, H5i Humidifier, Swift FX Bella L nasal pillows

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Tue May 05, 2009 7:41 pm

feeling_better wrote:
Wulfman wrote:For what it's worth, when I started therapy, I turned off the leak alert and auto off functions. I don't want anything waking me up or my machine shutting off if I have a large leak. I want it to keep blowing air so I can keep breathing.
Den
I have exactly the same view and practice. Even a leaking cpap is immensely better than a shut off machine, which even further restricts your air flow than your possibly naturally (partially) obstructed air way path !!

With a bit of useage, you would slowly (partially) wake up if there are (unusually) large leaks and train yourself to automatically readjust/reposition your mask to reduce the leaks --- the leaking noise is a much soother alarm for me. When the machine is shut off, you have to be practically fully awake to fiddle around to find the right buttons to restart... often in the process changing the aflex/cflex level because that is the other button...
Ditto. I keep auto off and leak alert both turned off.

The dinky little weak beep sound of the leak alert wouldn't wake most people, anyway, I don't think. I don't want the machine to shut off until I deliberately and knowingly turn it off.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

2flamingos

Post by 2flamingos » Wed May 06, 2009 11:24 am

DNAClone wrote:2Flamingos,
What pressure do you use and what is your normal leak rate?
Also, have you tried different masks and had any alarms?
DNAClone, sorry for delay - haven't been back to this thread in a while....

Pressure range is 7-13, and leak rate is usually around 28.5 to 29.5.

Have to admit that this is my original mask, and since it has worked so well (or at least seems to have to me), I have not experimented with others.

Old enough to know better

Karma is a Wonderful Thing.