New Name Time....Need Suggestions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SeaPappy

New Name Time....Need Suggestions

Post by SeaPappy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Well, since I now use a BiPaP, I guess I can't honestly use the name "SeaPappy" and I cannot come up with a new name. Time to enlist the help of all of ya'll who are suffering from the dementia of sleep deprivation and also the folks who have their equipment tweaked to achieve 120% oxygen saturation. Don't pull any punches because you can't make me mad...it's all in good fun and I have tough skin.

Come on...Hit me with your best shot (I know Babs is gonna have sumpin')

James
Last edited by SeaPappy on Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep good?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.'
Steven Wright

jnk

Re: Fun Time....Need Suggestions

Post by jnk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:23 pm

Seems to me that even we bilevel droids are now welcome in this Mos-Eisley-Cantina-ish CPAP forum. (Unless, of course, Old Lincoln forces a bilevel subforum ).

So, given the fact that CPAPers, BiPAPers, and AutoPAPers are all welcome here, even though the forum is called CPAPtalk.com, I see no need for you to change what is, IMO, one of the most imaginatively apropos monikers in the entire forum.

I vote: KEEP IT!

jeff
Last edited by jnk on Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lookin4sleep

Re: Fun Time....Need Suggestions

Post by lookin4sleep » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:40 pm

jnk wrote:
I vote: KEEP IT!

jeff
I'm with him, also because I love the pic that goes with it. Hey, just because we are bi-pappers (me too) they can't MAKE us change our monikers. We don't need no stinkin' badges!!! (woops, wrong movie)

Chris

OutaSync

Re: New Name Time....Need Suggestions

Post by OutaSync » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:45 pm

I vote "keep it". (Plus, I never got the connection until now )

BTW, since I recently celebrated my first anniversary on CPAP, I was reading through my original threads to remind myself how much I have improved. You were one of the people who first helped me. Thank you.

Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Hey, I never got it either! I figured it had something to do with sailing, or cows that swim or something...

Keep it. We love you just the way you are. Don't go changin' to try to please us....

BTW, speaking of nicknames that come to haunt you, the new Beau has taken to calling me "Babs". To my face, it's a little disconcerting. I haven't gotten used to it yet. But that's okay, I call him Wally. Which isn't his name, either. We're discussing who "Wally & Babs" are, and I've decided they are that rather insanely perky couple on the Enzyte commercials. We're talking about dressing up as them on Halloween....

Cheers,
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm

Babette wrote:Hey, I never got it either! I figured it had something to do with sailing, or cows that swim or something...
Cheers,
Babs
As I remember it was a test to see if your gray cells were sparking correctly. If you saw 2 dolphins you should go see you neighborhood shrink and lay on his/her couch for a while!! Obiviously since you saw 1 dolphin and 1 cow you are not there yet!!

I vote to keep your name also!!

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

gasp

Post by gasp » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:24 pm

My business was so busy for a time that I wasn't able to get on the forum much. When I returned to being a more active member, one of the first new avatars that caught my eye was yours. I looked at it for awhile, wondered what the heck was up with the cow, inwardly chuckled, and just enjoyed it without additional meaning.

I changed my avatar once to one that resembled me. Many posted they missed the old avatar so I changed it back. Your idea to ask first was brilliant!

I too vote to keep it : ) It's so mysterious.

PS Babs went through a few until she found one that, IMHO, epitomizes her. I'd be quite put out if she changed hers! : 0

Babette

Post by Babette » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:26 pm

Avatars or names? I think SeaPappy is asking about his name.

It's not that we disliked your new Avatar Gasp, it's that we were wildly jealous and hated you for being cute.

Yeah, my current Avatar resembles me alot. I'm a cute, perky blonde. NOT!!!!!

LOL,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Well, I sure as h*ll am NOT a svelte and curvacious and sexy and ... slinky chick!!! I'm more like that wire slinky slithering down the stairs.

KEEP it, SeaPappy!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Nodzy

Post by Nodzy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:07 am

I hate it when I mistake the bathroom for a voting booth, and hear water churning "after I vote." But for some political contests maybe that would be appropriate.

SeaPappy.... keep it, 'cause if'n you don't someone else will probably snap it up and use it. And too... because it's a great monicker.

Nodzy

tangents

Post by tangents » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Count me in, SeaPappy! Both with those who didn't get that SeaPap = CPAP, and those who want you to keep it! It's WAY too confusing for us to try to track old and new names. I think there should be a warning when you register on this site:

WARNING!: This site can become addictive. Users who register with names containing "new", "beginner", or other time relative words should strongly consider whether they will like their username years from now.''

Bye, Pappy (Get it?),
Cathy

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:20 pm

tangents wrote:Count me in, SeaPappy! ....Bye, Pappy (Get it?),
Cathy
lmao - Bye Pappy I do - SeaPappy I don't and never did. LMAO
Ok now Bye Pappy.

marshaeb

Post by marshaeb » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:05 pm

tangents wrote:I think there should be a warning when you register on this site:
WARNING!: This site can become addictive. Users who register with names containing "new", "beginner", or other time relative words should strongly consider whether they will like their username years from now.''
I agree, Cathy, and this should be on the actual registration screen, perhaps boldfaced and in a 20-point font, right under:
Username:
Length must be between 3 and 20 characters.
NOTICE TO ALL DISCUSSION GROUP VIRGINS:
The Username you choose will display when you post to this forum.
Clear as mud? Try this: Your Username will be seen by ALL members; if you want to use a clever name instead of the boring or possibly embarrassing one you were given at birth, now's the time, and this is the place, for choosing and listing it.

*****************************************************************************************************************************
Sea Pappy, you should do whatever puts you firmly in your comfort zone. Repeat after me:

Today has limitless possibilities
I am strong
My intentions create my reality
Stress is leaving my body
Today I choose joy
I am in charge of my life
I have many options
I am wise
I choose happiness
I can find my happy place

(Just kidding around, SP. When I read what you'd posted, I completely understood what you were saying. Then my brain forged ahead to imagining someone suffering from a name crisis, a la "A Boy Named Sue." Ha!)

Heading off to find MY happy place.....
Marsha, Former Discussion Group Virgin, who didn't know enough to choose a cool Username

jnk

Post by jnk » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:22 pm

marshaeb wrote: . . . firmly in your comfort zone. . . . Marsha, Former Discussion Group Virgin, who didn't know enough to choose a cool Username
Marsha,

Love the name. Love the avatar.

May you own your space.

And hey, everyone was once a virgin.

jeff (not pronounced "junk")

sleepycarol

Post by sleepycarol » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:39 pm

I vote to keep your id!!

Hey Babs anything else you want to tell us about your current guy?

Start Date: 8/30/2007 Pressure 9 - 15
I am not a doctor or other health care professional. Comments reflect my own personal experiences and opinions.