James Skinner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jskinner

Post by jskinner » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:05 pm

Encore Pro Analyzer Author
Facebook Apnea Group

Highnote

Post by Highnote » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:34 pm

jskinner wrote: I'm a bit worried about taking the steriod since it seems counter to trying to fighting fungus. When I when to get the prescription filled the pharmacist pointed out that I needed to be careful that the Pulmicort didn't cause fungus in my throat and to gargle with water after every use. I'm tempted to hold off on it for now.
I had a family member on orally inhaled corticosteroids who would sometimes develop oral thrush. When this happened his pulmonologist would take him off the inhaled corticosteroid & substitute systemic until the thrush was resolved. Rinsing after using the inhaler was standard procedure even without thrush.

I'm going to guess and say you have a risk/benefit decision which depends on how well you can live without the anti-inflammatory effect of the corticosteroid.

Yoga

James Skinner

Post by Yoga » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:59 pm

James,

Perhaps a chinese doctor might be able to help you. I would see one who has lived in China.

Someone I know went to a chinese doctor and he was the only one who cured his ulcerative colitis.

allend

Hi James,

Post by allend » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:27 pm

I haven't read all the postings but I and everyone else is rooting for you. I am sure sooner or later I will need the surgery, if not for the deviated septum for my small sinus canals. I've been doing Ok but my problem feels like dryness rather than blockage. Who knows.

However, someone mentioned at the beginning of this thread, maybe snoordog, that allergies could be contributing to your problem. One thing they rarely test for are food allergies. I have a few allergies but all of them were discovered by me, not a doctor. Lactose intolerance and aspartame are the worst, along with hazelnuts.

Sometimes I think I am allergic to tomatoes or maybe they dry out my nose or congest me. Whenever I go to Burger King, I seem to be clearing my throat a lot. Tomatoes are in so many things, especially ketchup, a favorite of many. Think about food allergy possibilities, if not the entire problem, maybe part of it.

We also have an Old English Sheep dog that might not be helping.

Allen

GreenIce

Post by GreenIce » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:44 pm

Interesting indeed ! Soon I will be blowing didgeridoo instead of using APAP.
When I was first diagnosed OSA, I did research and found an interesting website,

http://www.liptrainer.com/

Suppose to put this device in the mouth and do exercise, may cure snoring and sleep apnea. Have not try it myself.

If this things works, it may mean end of xPAP industry.