8 legged variety or was it a centipede??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BloodyCpap

8 legged variety or was it a centipede??

Post by BloodyCpap » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:39 pm

Sleeping as usual with my cpap and I felt something tickling my nose and upper liip….I’m not sure what it was but it wasn’t normal! I snatched off my mask and allowed the air to stay on hoping the”creature” would be blown away. I was so concerned about what happened that now I let the air blow while shaking my mask and hose every time I’m about to use it! I never turned on the light that nigh so I’m not sure what it was but I’m sure it was of the many legged insect variety😳

Signed,
creep’d out by creepy crawlies

LSAT

Re: 8 legged variety or was it a centipede??

Post by LSAT » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:56 am

Put a plastic Quart bag over your mask when not in use.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:22 am

My cpap routine consists of disconnecting the hose, tub, and mask in the morning after use. I hang the hose and tubing up behind the bedroom door to dry and I dump the water reservoir out and set it up to dry as well.

At bedtime, after assembling everything, I run the system for 30 seconds or so to blow out whatever may be inside of the hose/tubing.

LSAT's advice would work but for me I would worry about the mask and hose staying damp/wet and never drying out with the plastic bag over the mask and end of the hose.
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:59 am

It was probably either a hair or a loose thread from the bedding.
Spiders avoid humans in bed--too dangerous.
Unless you are a messy eater in bed, insects have no reason to be there.
Now, lift a corner of the mattress, and check for bedbugs.
I cannot help you there--I don't eat those nasty things.

Jlfinkels

Post by Jlfinkels » Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:12 pm

Or was it…

Sometimes it is the very people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one imagines

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:56 pm

BloodyCpap wrote:
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:39 pm
Sleeping as usual with my cpap and I felt something tickling my nose and upper liip….I’m not sure what it was but it wasn’t normal! I snatched off my mask and allowed the air to stay on hoping the”creature” would be blown away. I was so concerned about what happened that now I let the air blow while shaking my mask and hose every time I’m about to use it! I never turned on the light that nigh so I’m not sure what it was but I’m sure it was of the many legged insect variety😳

Signed,
creep’d out by creepy crawlies
btdt

I woke up with an earwig in my nasal cushion. Freaked me the F out! I pulled hose and ran into the bathroom and saw it, then started shaking it out of the mask.

I pulled out one of my mesh veggie bags and put the entire machine in there overnight with pull toggle snug around the power cord. Am always careful not to put it around machine when it’s real hot from humidifier. Fits like a champ.

I too hang the hose and mask after I take it off in the morning.

hth

Ecowaare Set of 15 Reusable Mesh Produce Bags - Eco-Friendly - Washable and See-Through - with Colorful Tare Weight Tags - 3 Sizes https://a.co/d/ho0nCTk

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.