Dreamwear ffm users- back to F20FFM

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chapa.r

Dreamwear ffm users- back to F20FFM

Post by chapa.r » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:46 am

Well guys, i switched back.

after using the dreamwear for about 2 months i went back to the F20. I hate the fact that I can't scratch my nose but I must say it is a more comfortable sleep for me. I feel i get more air with the F20. If the dreamwear was a little deeper (i have a big nose) i'd probably stay with it. anyways, thats my little update.

TTYL

Quote the raven...........nevermore..

ChicagoGranny

Re: Dreamwear ffm users- back to F20FFM

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:48 pm

chapa.r wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:46 am
I hate the fact that I can't scratch my nose
Rubbing the nose with a clean, dry, cotton washcloth before putting on the mask sometimes helps. (Nerve endings in the skin get desensitized from the rubbing.) Don't rub too hard!

Someone on the forum says keeping the hairs inside the nostrils trimmed will help.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:39 pm

Trim your nose hair. The air blows the little hairs around and your brain thinks it's a bug or something and makes an itch so you'll scratch... It never feels like in the nose though, but on or near.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

salinas212

Post by salinas212 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:04 pm

I too resemble this sentiment and in spite of nightly pre bed face washings, brisk rubs with a not too-soft terry facecloth and once-a-week nasal hair trimming my nose exterior still tickles w/the F20. And I know the difference between a dust bunny or lint hair feeling "in" or "on" my nose. Admittedly these suggestions help but nowhere close to nada. Additionally in my case the DWFF leak rate is higher than the F20. Last 17 nights alternating masks my only leaks, and they're altogether minor were 2, 3, 6, 3 & 2 L/min and .1, .3, &.1 AHI events have all been with DW mask. All other machine settings besides mask changes are identical between the two masks. I haven't had a single leak or AHI event with the AirCurve VAuto/F20 in 15 consecutive nights with the F20.

From here forward I'm mostly gonna try living with the F20 every night tho will alternate the DW in a heartbeat if my nose bridge threatens blistering... but what I really, Really, REALLY want is the new F30 mask to start arriving in stores! May work, may not but everyone's gotta be somewhere doin sumthin so I'm right over here waiting and hoping for a new mask and "0" continued fault codes/check engine lights.

If you're gonna be a dog, why intentionally choose Chihuahua!?!

djams

Post by djams » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:02 pm

I've had a dreamwear FFM loaner for the past two weeks. My time is up, and I won't be buying one. I'm unable to control the leaks, no matter how much prep work I do. Well, unless I over-tighten it in an extreme manner with no liner, which prompted my wife to say "what happened to your face?!". These leaks are waking me (and my wife) up, so unfortunately it's a no-go. Back to the F20 memory foam for me.