Do Full Face Masks Change Facial Skin for the Worst

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bdz

Re: Do Full Face Masks Change Facial Skin for the Worst

Post by bdz » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm

I had bought some of the Zzzzs liners, but your DME also has various single liners. Once I had a liner that was appropriate for my mask, I made a durable stencil from it. I cut liners from old t-shirts and for smaller liners, I like the 6x6" soft material for cleaning your eyeglasses. My t-shirt liners stretched out of shape, but the ones I cut from the eyeglass cleaning material do not. They also wash and dry very nicely.

Additional Comments: Luckily the Oracle is not flimsy. Bought several. Thanks to JDS74, I have lots of inner flaps.
Peace begins with each of us as individuals

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Josiah wrote:A bit off topic, but I recall seeing a description recently on cpaptalk of a home made mask liner. I'd like to try one tonight if I could figure out how to make one.
You can find a pattern at this site: http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/diy-cotton-mask-liner.pdf
I made my liners out of an old, well-used tee shirt. I have also made them out of paint rags I purchased at either Lowes or Home Depot. This pattern will work for either a small or medium cushion. It can be enlarged for a large cushion.
when I was using the liners, my wife crocheted a small bag with a draw string on it, and we would throw the bag with the liners in it in the laundry with the whites, then iron them dry which would return them to the original size. The liners lasted several months before they wore out. Some people here have used the Remzzz liners multiple times and have laundered them, but I never tried washing them, but have used them a few times until I made my own.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 am

Skin problems? Um, yes, blackheads around edge of nose and under oral cushion (both places were silicone sits). I exfoliate three times a week and that helps with the blackheads and the winter dry skin. Been a hosehead since 2007. I use micro fleece straps covers.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.