Dry nose issue

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
me51

Dry nose issue

Post by me51 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 am

Hi, I'm new here! I've been using cpap since the end of August. I have the pillow mask (just lies under your nose) and for the past month, my nose has been extremely dry and painful. I started using a saline spray and then purchased some saline nasal gel (Ayr brand). I use a qtip to gently put it inside my nose. Nothing seems to really be working. I have the humidity up as far as it will go on the dreamstation which I think is a 5. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Pugsy

Re: Dry nose issue

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 am

Are you using the heated hose with your DreamStation?

Is the dryness an all day thing or just for the mornings?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:43 am

Had same problem. Real dry and headaches too. Now using a swipe of KY jelly (regualar kind) in nose before going to bed. Problem solved. If i forget, i am awakened with a very dry situation.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:11 am

I had dry nose issues before (I live in Colorado which has extremely low humidity, and I even also max out my humidity (at 8 ), and something that recovered my nose health was vaping... I do it now because of the mask with 0 nicotine, because I hate the effects of nicotine. Just an alternative solution!
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:10 pm

TY xxyy--cruise was lovely

Gryphon

Post by Gryphon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:41 pm

Do you have any idea what the humidity levels are in your bedroom?

If the air in your room is really dry to begin with the added turbulence of air movement can cause drying on any exposed soft tissues. Like your mouth if your using a full face mask (just as an example) I imagine that there may be added air movement just inside the nose with a nose only mask and added humidity overall would help with that issue.

If the air in your home is very dry any added air movement is going to cause moisture to evaporate even faster.

AMESS

Post by AMESS » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 pm

The stops were useless XXyy. No body cared. This was a non stop 50s 60s rock and roll party at sea. Constant concerts from people like The Plattters, Bobby Rydell, Brenda lee, Beach Boys and many more. Fabulous time

Muse-Inc

Post by Muse-Inc » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:30 pm

I had dryness issues for the first few months. I'd get up and then my nose would run, horribly, for about 30-45 mins (if my memory is correct). Afterwards, it was just tender/irritated. Nothing much seemed to help except keeping my humidifier at max. Breathing cold air was miserable. Then, slowly it improved. I hope you have the same experience. I do remember at one point keeping a clean, damp washcloth on a saucer and breathing thru it for a few breaths to get my nostril linings moist.

ResMed S9 range 9.8-17, RespCare Hybrid FFM
Never, never, never, never say never.