Resmed My Air

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
StuUnderPressure

Re: Resmed My Air

Post by StuUnderPressure » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:49 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:When they start making cpaps without an sd slot, I will get a cpap that has one--even if I have to buy used.
I am afraid no SD slot is where the technology is headed.

Our only salvation will probably be the Sleep Doctors & DMEs who will NOT jump on the bandwagon & do everything through ResMed only.

They are lazy & cheap.
They will NOT relinquish the SD card method.

SD Card Formatter 5.0.2 https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/format ... index.html

SunnyBeBe

Post by SunnyBeBe » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:53 am

TASmart wrote:I think the data is held by ResMed, not the DME. The DME has access to the data and your Sleep Dr. does if he has paid the access fee to ResMed. The DME can also forward the data to the Sleep Dr. It would be nice to be able to access the online data, but it is not quite as detailed as the data from the SD card.
So, when I order my supplies from Lincare, they just assume that I'm being compliant and send the stuff. And my insurance company goes along with it? I'm not complaining. Just surprised. And do I ever have to see the doctor again about it? If I did, what does he do? Just ask me if I'm compliant and write it down on my file? Or will he want my SD card? I can't see that happening.
Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (contains humidifier)
Nuance Pro Gel Pillow and headgear

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 am

SunnyBeBe wrote:So, when I order my supplies from Lincare, they just assume that I'm being compliant and send the stuff. And my insurance company goes along with it? I'm not complaining. Just surprised. And do I ever have to see the doctor again about it? If I did, what does he do? Just ask me if I'm compliant and write it down on my file? Or will he want my SD card? I can't see that happening.
Insurance company usually just goes along with it because they have no reason to question it.

Do you ever have to see your doctor?? Depends on the insurance and the DME....I haven't seen my sleep doctor in over 8 years.
I still get my supplies but only when I request them....I have Medicare and they don't allow auto shipments.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.