Free Medical Alert Wallet Card

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
deedster

Post by deedster » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:28 pm

This is a site to print a free medical alert wallet card with your information about sleep apnea and medications. Paramedics and doctors should be aware of your condition in the event of an emergency.

This is not a promotion or endorsement of any other services/products of this site.

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php
When I woke up this morning my girlfriend asked me, 'Did you sleep well?' I said 'No, I made a few mistakes.' Steven Wright

LilBuckaroo

Post by LilBuckaroo » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:15 pm

Deedster,

Thanks for the posting the site. Went to it a little bit ago. Haven't printed it yet, but will definitely do it. Goimg to do one for my wife, also. It is very useful even for non-OSA folks, (the normal ones)!!

BTW, hook 'em horns !!!! I'm not a UT fan particularly, but definitely not USC!!! I am an Auburn Tigers fan. WAR EAGLE!!!

And I also like Steven Wright. That man won't do.

Harold

Until later, stay safe, be nice, sleep well and keep on papin'

sleepylady

Post by sleepylady » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:24 pm

Deedster,

You are reading my mind!!!! I was just researching medical bracelets, etc. just yesterday. I'm also allergic to a medication and need a new bracelet and was thinking of having my OSA added to it as well.

Thanks for the site.

Melinda

MissAmethyst2U

Post by MissAmethyst2U » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:16 pm

Hey Thanks for posting this. this is sooo much nicer looking than a 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper I have printed with everything on it folded up in my purse lol...My parents nor anyone but me could remember all my meds and everything...It comes in handy for sure...The ambulance was called to me about a week ago and they started asking questions my mom was like hold on where is her purse lol...The EMT's were impressed they were like thats a good idea to have it all written down...Thanks again!

KILRUSH_

Re: Free Medical Alert Wallet Card

Post by KILRUSH_ » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:06 pm

deedster wrote:This is a site to print a free medical alert wallet card with your information about sleep apnea and medications. Paramedics and doctors should be aware of your condition in the event of an emergency.

This is not a promotion or endorsement of any other services/products of this site.

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php

HI DEESTER, THANKS FOR THE WEBSITE,JUST USED IT AND PRINTED OUT MY CARD. GREAT IDEA !! MARY

Sunflower

Post by Sunflower » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:57 pm

What a good idea. Everytime I go to a new doctor or go for a hospital test I have to write all the drugs down that I am taking...this way it will be written all on that card...Thanks
Linda
^^^^^^
lindas88
^^^^^^

NWLambear

Thanks for the site to get the Emergency Medical ID car

Post by NWLambear » Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:04 am

Worked great! Filled everything out and printed the ID card out. Now just have to get it laminated. This message board looks great too....I'm a new CPAP user. Tonight will be my 9th night. Going through the typical adjustment period. I got one of the soft u-shape neck pillows and using it at night seems to really help me stay snug and still. Keeps me on my back more and still allows me to turn on my side if I want to. It works better for me than a regular pillow.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): [/img]

leslie

Re: Thanks for the site to get the Emergency Medical ID car

Post by leslie » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:53 am

NWLambear wrote:Worked great! Filled everything out and printed the ID card out. Now just have to get it laminated. This message board looks great too....I'm a new CPAP user. Tonight will be my 9th night. Going through the typical adjustment period. I got one of the soft u-shape neck pillows and using it at night seems to really help me stay snug and still. Keeps me on my back more and still allows me to turn on my side if I want to. It works better for me than a regular pillow.
I bought a memory foam pillow that is shaped sort of like a log . . . wonder if that is a subliminal message to make one sleep like a log? But it's great! It's small enough to not interfere with my mask and it allows my neck to stay straight. Plus, it's very comfortable. It was only $10 at the drug store.

Zzzzz . . . What? Who? Me?

BS

Post by BS » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:01 am

****BEWARE,,, It appears the link posted by
gansu wrote:by gansu on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:44 am
I guess you are certainly right.
Does NOT go to the same place the OP linked to in 2006...
deedster wrote:This is a site to print a free medical alert wallet card with your information about sleep apnea and medications. Paramedics and doctors should be aware of your condition in the event of an emergency.

medids. com/free-id. php
BEWARE****

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:03 am

gansu is a spammer
typical spammer trick to include original post but modify any link to point it to their spamming website

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 am

OK...Here is a (safe) medical alert tag that you can print.

http://api.ning.com/files/ft7Wq64roIMqe ... enttag.jpg

BS

Re: Thanks for the site to get the Emergency Medical ID car

Post by BS » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:49 am

Pugsy wrote:gansu is a spammer
Which is why I didn't quote what he posted.

For those who missed it what gansu did was to quote all of NWLambear's old post but modified the words "ID card" to link to a site in China.
NWLambear wrote:Worked great! Filled everything out and printed the ID card out. ...
I am always leary of links inserted this way cuz you don't know where they will take you unless you check first. One way is to right click on the link > select "copy link location" > then paste into a Google "search" box to see where it is directing or re-directing you w/o your knowledge.

fwiw - I have used the FREE Med-id form many times over the years but haven't been there recently, it has prob been re-arranged so you may have to look for the FREE form.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Because of the personal information that goes on these cards, many feel (and are)
safest to order the BLANK card sold by cpap.com, and fill it out at home.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:20 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Because of the personal information that goes on these cards, many feel (and are)
safest to order the BLANK card sold by cpap.com, and fill it out at home.
Yes, kind of like asking for trouble. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:26 pm

LSAT wrote:OK...Here is a (safe) medical alert tag that you can print.

http://api.ning.com/files/ft7Wq64roIMqe ... enttag.jpg
So, that's where V 0.8.5 ended up. Back in February 2009 I created a printable travel tag in a PDF that would allow anyone to use it at will. Following some backs and forths on this forum, I ended up with two final versions that I hosted on MindSpring. Subsequently, after moving and changing ISP hosting and access became problematical. One can follow the process at:
viewtopic/t6420/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=390 ... 03#p341716

If enough want, I can attempt to recreate both versions.