Has treating the sleep apnea or using the cpap helped with

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Novello1234

Re: Has treating the sleep apnea or using the cpap helped with

Post by Novello1234 » Sat May 27, 2017 2:14 pm

[quote][/quote]Thank you I have sleep apnea under control but this clenching / grinding is bugging me because it gives me tooth pain as I explained . I am now wondering if my apnea caused the grinding I am not sure as I have been using the machine for two weeks so I would expect if it was related it would disappear.

Novello1234

Post by Novello1234 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:45 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Novello1234 wrote: I have new machine for three days resmed air sense 10 and in the leak sectuin says 1 l a minute what does that mean
If the 1 L/min is coming from the machine's LCD screen it isn't an average....it's the 95% number because that's what ResMed doles out on their machines' LCD or MyAir reporting.
Of course 95% number just mean the leak was at or below that number for 95% of the night.

Now there are some averages in the statistics if using SleepyHead...so where did you get the 1 L/min number?

Even a 24 L/min 95% number doesn't necessarily mean the therapy is in the toilet because of the "or below" part of the definition.

If you are seeing 1 L/min on the machine's LCD screen then your excess leak is extremely minimal and almost non existent and definitely nothing to worry about. Whatever you are doing in terms of mask fit and seal...keep doing it because it is excellent.
Thank you

Novello1234

Post by Novello1234 » Sat May 27, 2017 3:47 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Novello1234 wrote:the leak sectuin says 1 l a minute what does that mean
That means the average unintentional leak is one liter per minute. This is a very good leak statistic - congratulations!

If you want to see more detailed information, the free Sleepyhead software is available - see https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead

Most of the regular members use Sleepyhead to manage their therapy.

Novello1234 wrote:resmed air sense 10
Which model? There are four:
AirSense 10 AutoSet - Best
AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her - Best
AirSense 10 CPAP - BRICK - Do not accept!
AirSense 10 Elite - Data capable, but lacks auto function. Not recommended.
I have the airsense auto set for her

novello123

Post by novello123 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:46 pm

Hi. Just wanting to know if anybody else had oppo to read my post since the weekend I was not able to post.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:59 am

novello123 wrote:Just wanting to know if anybody else had oppo to read my post
What additional information are you looking for?

No one can tell you when, or even if, your teeth grinding will go away with CPAP usage. I believe it will, but habits get ingrained and can take some time to go away.

I hope you have the best of luck and the grinding disappears quickly.