Belly sleeper needs help please!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
whatagoodboy

Belly sleeper needs help please!

Post by whatagoodboy » Thu May 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Hello all,
I've been nosing about all of the forums and such trying to find a good answer to my quest for a good night's sleep but have found a ton of conflicting advice. I realize that masks are so different on everyone so there won't be a perfect obvious solution, but I'm in desperate need of some guidance.

I've tried two sizes of the F10 series and the large dug into my eyes, causing blood pooling that scared the you know what outta me, and the medium just constantly blows cold air into my eyes no matter what the heck I do. (I pinkie promise that I've been doing my best to answer my own question by browsing the newbie stuff first, but am having a hard time with answers.)

I sleep in a kind of hybrid stomach/side sort of way. I've been trying so hard for over two weeks now and am wearing my mask less and less every night due to the uncomfortable air that makes it impossible for me to sleep. If I don't sleep, my poor husband doesn't sleep either. Can anyone steer me in the direction of a belly sleeping friendly mask? Thank you so much in advance!

KenM

Re: Belly sleeper needs help please!

Post by KenM » Thu May 18, 2017 5:41 pm

Dreamwear with the new gel pillows
Brevida
(I use those 2, I could NOT get the F10 of Simplus FFM masks to work without major large leaks)

or other Nasal mask/pillow/cushion
chinstrap/cervix collar if needed to keep mouth closed.

Yes, I am a mouth breather but I use a nasal mask and have a deviated septum. Our bodies are designed to breath thru our nose, not our mouth. If I can do it, anyone can.

use edge of pillow so mask hangs off in space.

wear your mask, or increase health problems and death. your choice

robysue

Post by robysue » Thu May 18, 2017 6:33 pm

My hubby has had good luck with stomach sleeping while using both the Simplus full face mask and the Eson Nasal mask.

I think that most masks can be made to work with stomach sleeping ---if the bed pillows and head are arranged appropriately. My hubby sleeps in what is often called the "Falcon" sleeping position, which is known to be CPAP-friendly.

Here's the Falcon position with the head turned towards the left and the right:

ImageImage

You can get a nice detailed description of the Falcon sleeping position at http://www.uarsrelief.com/sleeppositions.html

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Thu May 18, 2017 6:54 pm

I sleep on a down pillow, which allows me to make a pillow in my pillow for my face - my Mirage Activa LT is perfect for this

heyjude722

Post by heyjude722 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:18 pm

Hi Belly sleeper:

I to am a stomach/side sleeper and the mask use is no longer made, but I found one similar that might be just what you're looking for. It is a nasal pillow mask without straps on your face. It is called the Breeze Nasal CPAP Mask with DreamSeal Assembly and Headgear. It costs $98. This just a suggestion from one belly sleeper to another.

heyjude722

Post by heyjude722 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Some of my posting got cut off, but I wanted to tell you that the mask I am using is no longer being sold, but I found another mask that I think would work well for you it is called the The Breeze Nasal CPAP Mask with DreamSeal Assembly by Puritan Bennett. Hope this works well for you. I like it because there are no straps on your face to leave marks.

jim22

Post by jim22 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 pm

My experience may not be overly optimistic, but I was a stomach sleeper before CPAP too. I use a Swift FX. It took a really long time, but I relearned how to sleep on my back or side. It was very frustrating for a while. The exhaust from the mask is obnoxious if it hits the bedding at all.
Jim

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, Swift FX nasal pillows mask

KenM

Post by KenM » Fri May 19, 2017 9:14 am

if the pillow plugs the exhale port of the mask at all,....
not good

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 am

KenM wrote:if the pillow plugs the exhale port of the mask at all,....
not good
don't use plastic pillows.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.