Has anbdoy EVER have a problem with voltage compatility?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

Has anbdoy EVER have a problem with voltage compatility?

Post by D.H. » Wed Feb 23, 2022 9:37 am

It is always prudent to check the voltage of the country(ies) that you're visiting and whether your CPAP machine is compatible.

However, I've never heard of anybody actually having an incompatible machine. While socket configuration is an obvious issue, has anybody ever been unable to a CPAP in another country (or on a cruse ship) due to voltage/frequency compatibility issues?

Has anybody ever needed to use a converter (other than the one that you use at home)?

BTW, this is not a question about socket compatibility (please put that in another thread).

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Has anbdoy EVER have a problem with voltage compatility?

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:19 pm

Shouldn't you ALREADY know?
Have you not been EVERYWHERE?
Think, if you can.

RNeil

Post by RNeil » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:13 pm

The typical modern switching power supply is designed to work in the US, Asia and everywhere. But you can read the label on your power supply to be sure. It usually says 100-240 volts, 50-60 Hz. But the pins on the plug are different, so you need an adapter.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:17 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:19 pm
Think, if you can.
Even if I had literally visited every country on earth (to entertain this nonsense), I did not stay in every hotel and have not attempted to use every piece of equipment.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:43 pm

D.H. wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:17 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Think, if you can.
Even if I had literally visited every country on earth (to entertain this nonsense), I did not stay in every hotel and have not attempted to use every piece of equipment.
I'd say "stop being stupid", but I don't think that's possible.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

FifthAvenue

Post by FifthAvenue » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:15 am

DH - Thanks for your comments and questions. Please excuse and ignore the sarcastic comments. I hope the detractors find a better purpose in life other than to denigrate discussion.

Conrad

Post by Conrad » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:36 am

D.H. wrote:
Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:17 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Think, if you can.
Looks like you have some work to do, better get on it!
ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Swift FX

Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many...

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Yes, I have. Back in the 1990s era before manufacturers adopted the universal power supplies . My first machine was a "HEALTHDYNE" CPAP that only accepted 110-120 V, and I distinctly recall traveling to Europe and needing to carry a heavy, bulky transformer along to feed my machine. When the universal supplies came along, I recall being quite suspicious whether they would really work- but they did function quite well. I have a 220-240 V outlet in my home, and when I got my first universal voltage machine If my memory is correct, that machine was a SULLIVAN. I still recall cautiously testing it for several hours at home before going back to Europe again. All that was 25+ years ago.

TheDuke

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:19 pm

TheDuke wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 pm
Yes, I have. Back in the 1990s era before manufacturers adopted the universal power supplies . My first machine was a "HEALTHDYNE" CPAP that only accepted 110-120 V, and I distinctly recall traveling to Europe and needing to carry a heavy, bulky transformer along to feed my machine. When the universal supplies came along, I recall being quite suspicious whether they would really work- but they did function quite well. I have a 220-240 V outlet in my home, and when I got my first universal voltage machine If my memory is correct, that machine was a SULLIVAN. I still recall cautiously testing it for several hours at home before going back to Europe again. All that was 25+ years ago.

TheDuke
Well there you go, this was a valid question!! Somebody did have an issue with this, even if it was a long time ago. Based on his profile he lives in the US.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:08 pm

D.H. wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:19 pm
TheDuke wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 pm

TheDuke
Well there you go, this was a valid question!! Somebody did have an issue with this, even if it was a long time ago. Based on his profile he lives in the US.
No, it was not a "valid question" it was stupid. Just like everything else you post.

Old, non-switching power supply, *duh*.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.