Anyone used the Dreamstation Go?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Henry L

Anyone used the Dreamstation Go?

Post by Henry L » Wed May 17, 2017 11:56 pm

Has anyone used the new Dreamstation Go yet?

quad1man

Re: Anyone used the Dreamstation Go?

Post by quad1man » Thu May 18, 2017 9:09 am

I am interested in the same question. There is all sorts of traffic on the Resmed Mini, but very little on the Dreamstation Go. There are many features I like about the Dreamstation Go, such as the ability to use any mask, integrated power supply, data compatibility with Sleepyhead, battery availability, etc. It does not have humidity, but for a travel machine I could probably live with that.

I definitely want to hear from users of the Dreamstation Go!

levman

Post by levman » Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 pm

+1 ...

levman

Post by levman » Fri May 19, 2017 8:09 pm

There is one positive review of the Dreamstation Go over at apneaboard. Think I'll wait for more reviews before pulling the trigger though.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread ... #pid200550

Also FYI, while not yet available on their website, cpap.com told me that they are taking pre-orders for the Dreamstation Go.

WindyCity76

Post by WindyCity76 » Sat May 20, 2017 10:26 am

Two more good reviews on the DreamStation Go.

http://www.thecpapshop.com/philips-resp ... er-reviews

Pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger. This has everything I want..plenty small, compact, Sleepyhead compatible, works with my mask, micro tubing and USB charging port. Looks and sounds like a winner.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Sat May 20, 2017 12:30 pm

It also has a battery

claret23

Post by claret23 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 am

Understand Medlicare will not cover "portable" cpap. Anyone know if true?

Tyus

Post by Tyus » Mon May 22, 2017 8:17 am

My DME just told me that my insurance will not cover them because they consider my main unit "portable".

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 22, 2017 8:22 am

claret23 wrote:Understand Medlicare will not cover "portable" cpap. Anyone know if true?
They are all technically "portable".
I can't see "portable" as being a reason for insurance (Medicare or otherwise) to deny coverage.
They all can be moved and traveled with. The size is only an inconvenience for some people...not something that prohibits traveling and packing.

Only thing I can think of as to why insurance might not cover it is because of the humidification situation if the RX calls for "heated humidification" which a lot of RXs do call for (mine did). The DreamStation Go doesn't have heated humidification available so it can't fulfill the stated RX requirements.
Now what someone might do if they say they don't need or want added humidification...(if that is why insurance disallows it and this is just a guess on my part)...I don't know what might happen.

Or maybe insurance just doesn't want to pay for 2 machines...if they already bought a person a regular machine.

If someone really wants to know why insurance won't pay....call up the insurance company.
Call up Medicare or whomever and ask why.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon May 22, 2017 11:00 am

I can't see insurance, or medicare, paying for one of these because a tiny travel cpap is a luxury when you've already got a cpap. it's certainly not a medical necessity.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 22, 2017 11:05 am

palerider wrote:I can't see insurance, or medicare, paying for one of these because a tiny travel cpap is a luxury when you've already got a cpap. it's certainly not a medical necessity.
Me either. Obviously they won't want to pay for 2 machines just like they don't pay for battery backup.
What I do wonder about is someone brand new to therapy (and not knowing any better ) wanting to buy one of these machines from the start.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 am

I would also be concerned with life spans, Maybe show proof of long term running hours on Travel machines would be helpful say 10,000 working hours before a landfill stuffer. Jim

Time will show, maybe!
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Mon May 22, 2017 11:55 am

Pugsy wrote:... What I do wonder about is someone brand new to therapy (and not knowing any better ) wanting to buy one of these machines from the start.
When I found out an XPAP was in my future I googled and the first thing that turned up was a Transcend, which looked real neat at the time. Fortunately I had a few weeks to reflect and research. Still, I think I was very lucky that the DME gave me a PR 560, which in retrospect was the perfect machine for me, because I didn't discover this forum until a few days after I started therapy.

The Dreamstation Go looks like good choice for a frequent flyer - I'm awaiting more reviews.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 22, 2017 1:58 pm

I wonder what machine is preferred by long-haul truckers.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon May 22, 2017 6:10 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I wonder what machine is preferred by long-haul truckers.
Most will be using regular ResMed or Respironics machines because they have to be able to easily show DOT that they have met any compliance hours of use requirements.
Plus DOT needs to be able to easily access the machine in case they do a random inspection.
Most truckers will want to have things go as smoothly as possible and since these tiny travel machines aren't always easy to get data from (if they even have data) they won't want to make things more difficult by having something that the DOT guys aren't familiar with because it just slows down everything and the last thing a trucker wants is to be slowed down by an inspection.

Most long haul truckers will be in trucks with sleeper cabs and APU units for power so using a regular machine isn't a problem.