New to Dreamwear

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LoBattery

Re: New to Dreamwear

Post by LoBattery » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:25 am

I fully feel this product is not ready for prime time. Still, I wouldn't use anything else. It is insane to think that just four sizes fits every nose. Sleep study started me out with a MW. After 30 days I found this little chart in the bag that clearly showed that I should wear a M. Just goes to show that you can make anything work. I still use the MW in times of heavy congestion. And three head sizes. They jump by 2 inches. Can you imagine going to the mall and having only three shoe sizes? We are wearing this day after day, it ought to fit right. I have to pull the side tubes down around my cheek bone to get it to stop leaking some times. A little bigger frame would help that. Just pissed off that they are thinking everything is fine with what they are selling and not likely to change. Little tweeks make a big change in the fit. I have some of those nasal strips somewhere and have been thinking about trying that in combination to get rid of the noise.
Seeing and believing are often both wrong. FOW

susilosaja

Post by susilosaja » Wed May 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Hey guys, new to the forum. Hi lauperfan, did you got your problems with Dreamwear sorted out? I just used the dreamwear for about 2 weeks, and right now I'm having problem with this soft high pitched 'eeeee' noise. Is this what you call 'whistling' noise? I can't figure out the cause yet, but I found that the noise stop when I cover the exhaust hole with my finger.

And yes, while sleeping on my back is great, the side sleeping is not so. I can always feel the mask got pulled a bit when switching to my side. I also got the loud air noise, which I'm guessing is leak. Following the instruction on the manual, I think I already have the correct frame and cushion (medium frame and small cushion). I managed to fix this loud air noise by tightening the strap. It felt a bit uncomfortable at first because of the more pressure on my nose, but I soon got used to it.
Susilo

Holden4th

Post by Holden4th » Thu May 18, 2017 2:03 am

I had this just recently and adjusted the way the mask fitted under my nose to solve the problem.

susilosaja

Post by susilosaja » Thu May 18, 2017 3:22 am

I readjusted the mask a couple times, but the noise will quickly come back again. This has happened a couple nights.

I just changed the cushion from small to medium, and so far I don't hear the noise anymore. I suspect it's a defect on the exhaust hole, which is disappointing as I've only use this mask for about 2 weeks.
Susilo

beet

Post by beet » Fri May 26, 2017 4:29 am

I think moisture in the exhaust hole is one of the causes of whistling.

I wonder whether carefully enlarging the hole a tiny bit would help. (Enlarging it too much would cause too much leakage and reduce the air pressure.)