Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tuzacat
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm
Gender: Female

Supply order -venting

Postby tuzacat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm

I ordered my cpap supplies on Monday and they came today. I was so excited because I'd ordered an F20 fit pack. I like the Amara View but it dries my mouth out more than the F10 so I was looking forward to trying something new. I ripped into the pack all excited and realized something was wrong. Sure enough, they had sent me the Amara View mask with no headgear. Folks, I verified with the woman several times that I was going to get the F20 Fit Pack. Sigh...I called Apria and told them what had happened and said I wanted to send it back. They said there was no record of me ordering a fit pack. They said the Fit Pack wasn't even in their computer although the individual sizes were. They also said I was eligible for the mask but not the headgear - the headgear was next month. Sigh... why didn't the Monday woman tell me that? When I told them I'd opened the package and that I didn't want to pay for shipping since it was their mistake they said someone would have to call me. If I accepted the mask then I wouldn't be eligible for a mask (complete with headgear) next month. My View is starting to leak so I do need cushion which I then ordered. It will be interesting to see what happens here. One of the women I talked to wanted to know why I didn't just accept this mask. I had to explain again that I wanted a new mask with headgear and me accepting the one on hand meant I couldn't get an F20 (with headgear) next month. For the most part I've had pretty good luck with Apria so I am hoping this gets resolved in my favor. If it doesn't I guess the worst that could happen is I can either wait another 7 months for the F20 or buy one out of pocket. I REALLY don't want to wait and doubt that I will. I'm really annoyed that I opened the package because then EVERYTHING would be their fault. I know many of you can understand. I have a small head and I have yet to find the perfect mask after almost 8 years on the hose. Disappointed! :(

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ F10 For Her Full Face Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 50 Series Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Also use Amara View, chinstrap, Settings: Epap 10-12; Ipap 16

User avatar
Janknitz
 
Posts: 6474
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:05 pm
Gender: None specified

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby Janknitz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:57 pm

That's just one of many reasons we call them Crapria! :x
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

tuzacat
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby tuzacat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:09 pm

I know Janknitz! Fortunately, they have been mostly ok for me so this was a deviation from the norm. I am just so bummed that I am not going to be trying a new mask tonight.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ F10 For Her Full Face Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 50 Series Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Also use Amara View, chinstrap, Settings: Epap 10-12; Ipap 16

Guest
Also Posted As:
(Thumpper62)
 

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby Guest on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm

tuzacat wrote:I know Janknitz! Fortunately, they have been mostly ok for me so this was a deviation from the norm. I am just so bummed that I am not going to be trying a new mask tonight.
Unfortunately, this is life with Apria. Stay or run - your choice.

tuzacat
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby tuzacat on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Well, Guest, I have been doing business with them for 8 years since they are the only DME provider that is in network for my insurance company. Except for a couple of minor things they have been ok. I would prefer not to pay over a hundred dollars to buy a new mask when I can pay 15%. We'll see what they decide to do.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ F10 For Her Full Face Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 50 Series Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Also use Amara View, chinstrap, Settings: Epap 10-12; Ipap 16

Guest
Also Posted As:
(Thumpper62)
 

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby Guest on Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

tuzacat wrote:Well, Guest, I have been doing business with them for 8 years since they are the only DME provider that is in network for my insurance company. Except for a couple of minor things they have been ok. I would prefer not to pay over a hundred dollars to buy a new mask when I can pay 15%. We'll see what they decide to do.

You haven't mentioned who your insurance is.
Guess you could always call Apria Corp HQs but will that do any good? Or will the location just get awards?

tuzacat
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 pm
Gender: Female

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby tuzacat on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Lol! I hope no awards. I'll wait until the middle of next week and if I don't hear from them by then I'll call back. I decided not to sweat it. If this ends up being my "new" mask then I'll order the headgear next month and buy the F20 out of pocket. What I really want to complain about is the woman who took my order wasn't trained very well. This could have been avoided.

_________________
Mask: AirFit™ F10 For Her Full Face Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: PR System One 50 Series Heated Humidifier
Additional Comments: Also use Amara View, chinstrap, Settings: Epap 10-12; Ipap 16

User avatar
bwexler
 
Posts: 1153
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm
Location: San Marcos, Ca. USA
Gender: Male

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby bwexler on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 pm

I am going through the same process now with Crapria. I have found a knowledgeable and cooperative RT at the Oceanside CA branch. She recommended that my new Sleepweaver 3D be shipped to her and I could pick it up and verify that I get what I ordered. I agreed.
I got a call last week from a nice fellow in the Philippines, who seemed to speak english but did not understand english. He kept insisting I had ordered an 18 foot hose instead of the Sleepweaver 18 inch feather weight hose. I never did convince him but hopefully my RT can.

Another good reason to pick up my orders from Crapria, I can pay by check after I verify the order. I will never give them a credit card.

_________________
Mask: Single Size SleepWeaver Elan™ Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask
Humidifier: PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
Additional Comments: Also using Sleaplyhead 0.9.53, Pro 2.12 and CMS50i

Guest
Also Posted As:
(Thumpper62)
 

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby Guest on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:21 pm

tuzacat wrote:Lol! I hope no awards. I'll wait until the middle of next week and if I don't hear from them by then I'll call back. I decided not to sweat it. If this ends up being my "new" mask then I'll order the headgear next month and buy the F20 out of pocket. What I really want to complain about is the woman who took my order wasn't trained very well. This could have been avoided.
IMO - we tend to think the person on the phone is an RT when in reality they are someone off the street willing to work for min. wage and who prob never heard of a cpap before. I have had RT's right out of school who never heard of a cpap. But they are easier to deal with too, not as hardened.

In your case, the reality could be she was doing just as she was trained to do. I have had it where they didn't stock another mask I wanted to try and flat out refused to order it, so I haven't ordered any supplies from them since.

User avatar
chunkyfrog
 
Posts: 21610
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: Lincoln Nebraska (Go Huskers)
Gender: Female

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby chunkyfrog on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 pm

I am so glad I FIRED those turkeys back in 2014. 8)

_________________
Machine: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: AirFit™ P10 For Her Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: Backup: Devillbiss Intellipap Autoadjust
Link to medicare suppliers, by zip code: https://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html

SewTired
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:33 am
Location: Minneapolis area
Gender: Female

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby SewTired on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 am

Just a comment. I know what it's like looking for 'the perfect mask.' You may never find it. You may only find something that works pretty good. I use primarily pillow masks and seem to be between sizes no matter what manufacturer. I'm pretty happy although I don't have a perfect fit. I think this is the reason why my pillows don't last as long as some people's. 6 weeks and out they go because they simply collapse over and over. The Dreamwear has been the most successful so far. That nasal pillow (is it a pillow?) lasted just shy of 3 months before leak, leak, leak.
Diabetes 2, RLS & bradycardia
Settings: range 8-12

User avatar
NadiaK
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:33 pm
Location: New Jersey
Gender: Female

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby NadiaK on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Tuzacat, I am really sorry you didn't get the correct mask. I feel for you dealing with your provider. Mine is pretty good. But sometimes it can be annoying just to get in touch with her, as she is only in the office early in the morning. Most of the day she is out fitting people for new masks.
I recently changed over from the Quattro FX to the Amara View. Unfortunately it did not work well for me. Mainly because it impacted my sinuses and gave me headaches. Since I was unable to then turn around and get a different mask from my provider, I had to buy one out of pocket. I ordered the F20 and it arrived today.
I just took it out of the package as I wanted to wash the cushion before using it tonight. I ordered a size medium according to the guide. The one thing that I noticed was that the headgear seems quite small. I won't know for sure until I wear it tonight but that was an initial observation. I have seen people complain about the headgear in some of the reviews I read. I may end up needing to get the large headgear instead. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly in your favor.

_________________
Mask: Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: PR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex

User avatar
LSAT
 
Posts: 8069
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin
Gender: Male

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby LSAT on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 pm

NadiaK wrote:Tuzacat, I am really sorry you didn't get the correct mask. I feel for you dealing with your provider. Mine is pretty good. But sometimes it can be annoying just to get in touch with her, as she is only in the office early in the morning. Most of the day she is out fitting people for new masks.
I recently changed over from the Quattro FX to the Amara View. Unfortunately it did not work well for me. Mainly because it impacted my sinuses and gave me headaches. Since I was unable to then turn around and get a different mask from my provider, I had to buy one out of pocket. I ordered the F20 and it arrived today.
I just took it out of the package as I wanted to wash the cushion before using it tonight. I ordered a size medium according to the guide. The one thing that I noticed was that the headgear seems quite small. I won't know for sure until I wear it tonight but that was an initial observation. I have seen people complain about the headgear in some of the reviews I read. I may end up needing to get the large headgear instead. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly in your favor.


I believe that there is only one mask frame and headgear. All cushion sizes fit in the same frame.

_________________
Machine: S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
Mask: Mirage Quattro™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
Additional Comments: S9 Autoset...APAP Settings 11-15


S9 Autoset with another as back up
Back up mask is another Quattro FF and an F20
Buckwheat Hull Pillow (CPAPfit) from http://www.pur-sleep.com/


prodigyplace
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:45 pm
Gender: Male

Re: Supply order -venting

Postby prodigyplace on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

LSAT wrote:
NadiaK wrote:Tuzacat, I am really sorry you didn't get the correct mask. I feel for you dealing with your provider. Mine is pretty good. But sometimes it can be annoying just to get in touch with her, as she is only in the office early in the morning. Most of the day she is out fitting people for new masks.
I recently changed over from the Quattro FX to the Amara View. Unfortunately it did not work well for me. Mainly because it impacted my sinuses and gave me headaches. Since I was unable to then turn around and get a different mask from my provider, I had to buy one out of pocket. I ordered the F20 and it arrived today.
I just took it out of the package as I wanted to wash the cushion before using it tonight. I ordered a size medium according to the guide. The one thing that I noticed was that the headgear seems quite small. I won't know for sure until I wear it tonight but that was an initial observation. I have seen people complain about the headgear in some of the reviews I read. I may end up needing to get the large headgear instead. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly in your favor.


I believe that there is only one mask frame and headgear. All cushion sizes fit in the same frame.

F20 has 3 headgear sizes, Small, Standard, & Large.

The AirFit™ F20 Full Face Mask is compatible with three different headgear sizes: Small, Medium, and Large, to ensure an optimal fit for the user. The other option available is the soft toned, Violet headgear for the AirFit™ F20 For Her, which is only available in size Small.

See https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -mask.html

_________________
Machine: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Quattro™ Air Full Face Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: ClimateLineAir Heated Tube & P10 pillow mask


Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Holden4th and 100 guests