Headaches getting worse with BiPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Headaches getting worse with BiPAP

Post by Pugsy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:31 pm

It wouldn't have been so detrimental if the dumb ass had just done PS of 4 instead of 12.
Makes me wonder where he got his training.

You could get some good out of a fixed bilevel pressure machine until they got the auto in. Maybe fixed wouldn't have been perfect but all they would have had to have done is a nice 6 EPAP and 10 IPAP and then watch to see if you needed a little more. I am currently using a fixed bilevel machine after using auto adjusting for years. I had to do a little tweaking to get a fixed pressure that would work well but it didn't take long.

Go here and request the clinical manual for your machine. It will explain how to get into the clinical setup menu and change the pressures.
Try 6 EPAP and 10 IPAP and see what happens.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p ... tup-manual
I think you will get a combo manual which you will want anyway because it will include the AirCurve 10 VAuto you should have got instead of the "S" model.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

spareohs

Post by spareohs » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 am

I ended up just sleeping without it last night but thank you, I'll try that out tonight. Luckily they called me today and said the new machine would be ready for me to pick up Wednesday!

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:03 pm

spareohs wrote:I ended up just sleeping without it last night but thank you, I'll try that out tonight. Luckily they called me today and said the new machine would be ready for me to pick up Wednesday!
Make sure it's the aircurve 10 vauto, check the front of the machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

spareohs

Post by spareohs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:29 am

Thank you all for the help! I got my new machine yesterday and my AHI has gone down from 70-80 range to 3.36 Unfortunately I still ended up taking the mask off around 3am but hopefully tonight I can get back into the swing of it and keep it on. I appreciate all of your help!