Keeping a machine history with Sleepyhead

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Suenyo

Keeping a machine history with Sleepyhead

Post by Suenyo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi everybody,

My SD card died yesterday and I switched to a 32GB card from my camera which had an old Respironics folder on it and to my delight it picked up files going back to September 2016. I see where it copied the file folder into it's own backup folder on my Mac. My question is; Can I point Sleepyhead to any old backup folder that I find on my computer to pick up data that is even older or is it going to get confused and quit working correctly? I will of course always come back to the 30 GB SD card whichh I will be using daily in my Respironics machine. Will the backup folders be incorporated into the Sleepyhead folder even though they may have the same names as other old P-series folders i.e. P0, P1, P2, etc?

Thanks,
Suenyo
Life is a dream…if I'm wearing my Resmed AirTouch F20 cushion and my Autosense 10 Autoset isn't being hijacked by some dung-eating state security troll.

Sleeprider

Re: Keeping a machine history with Sleepyhead

Post by Sleeprider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 pm

You can point Sleepyhead to use any folder on the computer, but it will not aggregate the data back to another folder. For you PRS1 machine, Sleepyhead aggregates the data by profile and machine. Under each machine, three folders, Backup, Events and Summaries. I don't personally know how to merge the data in those folders with separate data sets in other instances of SH on your machine, and I work in a Windows OS which makes it less likely I can help; however you can point to the folders, and the data will work. Someone else may...good luck

palerider

Re: Keeping a machine history with Sleepyhead

Post by palerider » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Suenyo wrote:Hi everybody,

My SD card died yesterday and I switched to a 32GB card from my camera which had an old Respironics folder on it and to my delight it picked up files going back to September 2016. I see where it copied the file folder into it's own backup folder on my Mac. My question is; Can I point Sleepyhead to any old backup folder that I find on my computer to pick up data that is even older or is it going to get confused and quit working correctly? I will of course always come back to the 30 GB SD card whichh I will be using daily in my Respironics machine. Will the backup folders be incorporated into the Sleepyhead folder even though they may have the same names as other old P-series folders i.e. P0, P1, P2, etc?

Thanks,
Suenyo
yes, you can import data from a backup folder.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.