Airsense 10 reboots in the night

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
trslp1

Airsense 10 reboots in the night

Post by trslp1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:22 am

Last night at 5 am while I am half awake, my unit suddenly shut off and restarted. It was back online in less than 30 seconds, but it was a surprise. Is this expected behavior?

Feels like a Windows device?

LSAT

Re: Airsense 10 reboots in the night

Post by LSAT » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:38 am

Possible slight disruption of electrical service. Often all it takes is a second or two.

trslp1

Post by trslp1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:41 am

Yes, that was my first thought, but there was no power interruption. The clock on the stove and the microwave confirm that.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 am

Your report doesn't show a break in therapy at 5 AM...this was last night with the large leaks ? It should show a break even if for a brief time but maybe it just didn't catch it because it was so short.

Do you have SmartStart enabled/ON?
It might have been that the leak was so big the machine didn't know you were attached. It's not showing that big on the leak graph but maybe that was it.

If SmartStart is not enabled...there's something wrong with the machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

trslp1

Post by trslp1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:13 am

Sorry I didn't include the data for last night. Here it is

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:22 am

The first break in therapy it looks like the large leak had reduced for a few minutes prior to the shut off...so I don't think that large leak was the issue.

The second break in therapy...no large leak at all.

Check your power plugs. Make sure the one to the back of the machine is firmly seated...and do the same with the brick and the wall outlet.
The one to the machine sometimes works loose but reseat all of them and make sure they are snug.

Where did you get this machine...was it brand new?
It's not impossible for the power brick or power cord to go bad.
It's also not impossible for the machine to go bad but intermittent outages are most often related to the power supply...either loose or a bad power supply.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

trslp1

Post by trslp1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:36 am

Unit was purchased used. Has 900 hrs on it. Plugs all appear good. Smart Start is enabled. (is this where you just start breathing and it turns on? If so it is working as expected) The came back on quickly and behaved as it usually does after restarting. Power interruption shows at about 4:05 in the graph (unit hasn't updated itself to DST)

Via the clinical menu, About shows software version SX567-0305 Does the firmware (unit's internal RESMET software) get updated over the air via the cell system?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:41 am

The unit won't update itself to DST...if you want it updated you have to manually change the clock yourself.
If you want to do this...wait until right before bed.

I have no idea about the firmware version updating or even what the most recent version is.
It can be done via the cellular system used if the machine isn't in airplane mode and if ResMed sends out updates to your particular serial number. I don't know of any way to check it.

If this happens again I would suggest trying a new power brick/power cord.

JimW159

Post by JimW159 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:00 pm

trslp1 wrote:Last night at 5 am while I am half awake, my unit suddenly shut off and restarted. It was back online in less than 30 seconds, but it was a surprise.
Some time back I had a series of similar experiences. After a few hours over three days working through the symptoms with a tech at Accurate Biomed, we came to the conclusion that it was an intermittent fault with the pressure sensor that controls the auto on/off function when the machine is set up to start when first breathing after putting on the mask. I corrected the behavior by setting it back to start using the power button. Since then the behavior has not reemerged. If you have your machine set up to start automatically, you might try killing the auto-start function.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:21 pm

I was having this issue. Turned out the electrical outlet was behind our bed and the big fat pillow I use in lieu of a headboard had slipped down in the space between bed and wall just enough to jiggle the plug.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

Woody

Post by Woody » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Do you have auto off turned on ? I saw some discussion that with this enabled it may
sometimes read a large leak as you taking the mask off. Then detect your breathing
again and turn it back on.

Additional Comments: SleapyHead software

trslp1

Post by trslp1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Yes, I have autostart on.

Since then, I have totally unplugged the unit and replugged it back in. Perhaps this has the same effect as turning the power button on and off.

I did shake the powersupply and associated cords violently and was able to reproduce the issue. So it may just be a powersupply issue. I will continue to monitor and see if it happens again. Thanks for the hints.