Using hardware store tubing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nightnurse28

Using hardware store tubing

Post by Nightnurse28 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:49 pm

So I am travelling out of town this weekend and forgot my CPAP tubing. I spent all day calling every pharmacy and doctors office and HMS company in the tristate area. Because it's a weekend no one wHo had supplies was open. Craigslist was a bust. I eventually found drain tubing for a washing machine that was close enough in size to fit my machine with a little help from our friend duct tape.

Has anyone done something similar? Am I being a huge dumbass?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

palerider

Re: Using hardware store tubing

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:57 pm

Nightnurse28 wrote:So I am travelling out of town this weekend and forgot my CPAP tubing. I spent all day calling every pharmacy and doctors office and HMS company in the tristate area. Because it's a weekend no one wHo had supplies was open. Craigslist was a bust. I eventually found drain tubing for a washing machine that was close enough in size to fit my machine with a little help from our friend duct tape.

Has anyone done something similar? Am I being a huge dumbass?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
many truckstops have cpap supplies, because many truckers use cpap, and truckstops are open 24 hours a day.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Nightnurse28

Post by Nightnurse28 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 am

I didn't know that! Thank you for the heads up, I'll check there tomorroe.

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:37 am

I would think it would be ok for one night. Forget using any data for that night, and as Palerider said, check the truck stop as soon as possible.

Sheriff

Post by Guest » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:36 am

Besides truck stops there are sleep centers and hospitals you can check. But more importantly when reaching out to a community like this for help sharing the location may get you what you need from one of the many members all over the globe.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Another advantage of membership (and logging in) is private communication via PM to set up an exchange, etc.