Used BiPAP in Dubai

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
MichaelUSA

Used BiPAP in Dubai

Post by MichaelUSA » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Hi Everyone,
I recently relocated to Dubai and I have just upgraded my machine to a Dreamstation Auto BiPAP. I have a prescription so I order from the US. I have my travel machine less than about 2 years old less than 3 available for sale. If anyone is looking for an Auto BiPAP in Dubai, please PM me.
Intelleipap Auto BiPAP with heated humidifier and heated tube. Machines in Dubai can be quite expensive.
also I am looking for a good OSA technician to help withy progress and so forth. I track my progress regularly and I am having good treatment results less than 3 AHI, but I have allot of mask leaks, so I want to follow up on that. I love the Dreamwear under nasal mask though so I don't want to change, but want some advice.
Anyway thanks for the great site and the support.
Michael

squid13

Re: Used BiPAP in Dubai

Post by squid13 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:55 pm

You should keep your old machine for a backup, everyone should have a backup machine in case the main machine starts having problems.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:08 pm

I second the idea of keeping your old machine as a back up. If you have problems with your new machine, you will need to return it to the DME you purchased it from and wait for a replacement machine. You need to have a back up machine.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

MichaelUSA

Post by MichaelUSA » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Thanks guys, i have a backup which is my PR System One. the Intellipap was my backup previously. Now since i have the DreamStation and the PR system one for backup the intellipap is a 3rd machine so I thought it might be nice to go to a person who needs it. Especially since machines are expensive in Dubai.
Totally agree having a backup is important. also make it easier for travel.
Thanks,
Michael

JOEPAP

Post by JOEPAP » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:14 pm

I have a brand new in excellent condition Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto with only 4 hours of usage. This is the cadilac of the Bipap machine. Check out the information online about it. Comes with regular hose, humidifier bin, electrical cords, manuals and carry bag. Came from a non-smoking home. Very clean and I taken good care of it and works great. Paid $1800 will sell for $850. I am selling it because I lost weight and no longer need it. I would ask for more but it is used. You can pay by paypal and I can ship it to you. You will have to pay for shipping. Let me know.

Joseph

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:36 pm

What the hell would you "relocate" to Dubai for? You using your Bipap in a tent? How do the seals handle the intense desert heat? And how do you keep the desert sand out of those expensive Bipaps? Does the warranty cover "intense heat and sand exposure?"

If I were going to go somewhere like that I'd use something like an oral appliance. Simpler, put it in a pelican shock proof, waterproof case and you could air drop it into the desert sand and it would survive the shock.

Hopefully Trump puts a heavy tariff tax on your oil that you sell back to the USA. Or better yet, soon sends in the U.S. Marines to Dubai and takes their oil by brute military force and gives the stock to American taxpayers, not to private oil investors. Nationalism. I love it.

MichaelUSA wrote:Hi Everyone,
I recently relocated to Dubai
Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

MichaelUSA

Post by MichaelUSA » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:13 pm

MrGrumpy,
You really are rude and insulting. I am an American citizen. I was relocated for work. I live in a nice modern upscale apt. I have air conditioning and all the modern conveniences i don't live in sand. I have nothing to do with oil. There are plenty of things I would love to say about your political views, your lack of knowledge on the world or your disrespect for people, but I don't believe this is the forum for that. If you want to post political views or insult people regarding Trumps policies, please join a Trump lovers forum or something. I didn't join this forum to be insulted. If you cannot post anything nice or positive then please don't post on my threads.

BTW most of the oil used in America comes from American sources.

I am truly in shock that I joined a forum that is here to help people deal with sleep issues. And you use it as a location to insult and offend people. I am gobsmacked, You should be ashamed of yourself.

and if you don't know what gobsmacked means look it up (yes it really is a word) you might learn something.

Last edited by MichaelUSA on Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrGrumpy

Post by MrGrumpy » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:17 pm

I was a Geography major. I know more about foreign countries and foreign cultures than you do.

I think you are a sell out to your own nation.

MichaelUSA wrote:MrGrumpy, your really are an Ass. You must be living in a tent in the mountains yourself. I am an American citizen. I was relocated for work. I live in a nice modern upscale apt. I have air conditioning and all the modern conveniences i don't live in sand. I have nothing to do with oil. You must be another one of the narcissist Trump lovers that have no respect for other people. Just goes to show your ignorance and education on the world and cultures in general. I didn't join this forum to be insulted. If you cannot post anything nice or positive then please don't post on my threads.
Id be dead by now if I didn't use my CPAP gear every night.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:10 pm

MrGrumpy is an equal opportunity hater.
You name it--he hates it.
Ignore him.
Most hate comes from pain, but he probably deserves it.