What are the specs for the tip of the AC adapter for a Respironics System One machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
4betterO2

What are the specs for the tip of the AC adapter for a Respironics System One machine?

Post by 4betterO2 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm

The insurance won't pay for a replacement, and the DME wants over $50 for the AC adapter that fits the Respironics System One machines. I believe the whole series uses the same AC adapter? but just in case they don't, my machine is an ASV
I need to buy a 3rd party OEM adapter, which should be much cheaper than what the DME sells.
I can see the other specs needed: wattage/amps, voltage, written on the current adapter, so I can match them easily, but I need to know the exact tip specs.
Hoping someone knows!
Thank you
PR Dreamstation BiPap ASV, WISP nasal mask with magnets

LSAT

Re: What are the specs for the tip of the AC adapter for a Respironics System One machine?

Post by LSAT » Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Did you look at Amazon or ebay?

palerider

Re: What are the specs for the tip of the AC adapter for a Respironics System One machine?

Post by palerider » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:09 pm

4betterO2 wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:13 pm
The insurance won't pay for a replacement, and the DME wants over $50 for the AC adapter that fits the Respironics System One machines. I believe the whole series uses the same AC adapter? but just in case they don't, my machine is an ASV
I need to buy a 3rd party OEM adapter, which should be much cheaper than what the DME sells.
I can see the other specs needed: wattage/amps, voltage, written on the current adapter, so I can match them easily, but I need to know the exact tip specs.
Hoping someone knows!
Thank you
There are two different series of the "System One", the 50 series or just "System One", and the 60 series, or "System One 60 Series" they take different adapters.

Look on cpap.com for the one you need. If you're not sure what machine you have, turn it over and look at the name plate, the middle digit in the REF number shows which series it is, 950 vs 960.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

4betterO2

Post by 4betterO2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:14 am

To: LSAT, palerider,
Thanks for chiming in

AC adapters on CPAP online stores are around $45 and up.
Last time I searched on eBay only the 50 series showed.
No luck on other sites I checked as for availability or affordability.

The reason I posted this specific post question about tip size, is because I can't imagine the tip is proprietary to Respironics, so there must be other AC adapters that can fit the 60 series, except that they are made and sold for other devices (some types and brands of laptops maybe, some radios, etc. )

I saw an AC adapter for the 50 series which was about $10...

So I'm hoping to find the tip specs for the 60 series: once I have the tip specs for it, I can look for other generic 3rd party adapters with matching tip, voltage & amperage, and hopefully they should be in the $10-$15 price range...

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:44 am

Don't know if this will help but when I was on the road a lot I used the PowerAdd battery to power my Respironics 760 at night. In their pack there was a plug that fit and worked. It was an older plug and larger so I don't see it in many of the sets now. On their Amazon site they break down the size of the plugs and J was the one I used. I can't recommend a different AC power source because I don't want to hurt your machine. I just know this plug worked with this battery. Here is a link to the battery and different sizes of plugs. https://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-Pilot-P ... 38&sr=8-12
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

4betterO2

Post by 4betterO2 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:32 am

OkyDoky wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:44 am
J was the one I used. Here is a link to the battery and different sizes of plugs. https://www.amazon.com/Poweradd-Pilot-P ... 38&sr=8-12
Thanks OkyDoky for this informative post; is your machine a Series 60?
I could not figure out on the linked page, which of the tips was the J one?
Can you please see it in the zoomed picture of the tips, and write down the tip measurements?

After waiting a while for a reply, I went ahead and ordered an universal AC adapter with tips. If I find that it has one that fits, I'll post on it. I'm not too keen on using a universal adapter where the voltage selector wheel or knob might get dislodged though. After that, I'll try to find a straight 12V, 5A adapter, but I know that finding one with the right tip might be a bit like finding a needle in a haystack

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 am

The model number 760 identifies my machine as a 60 series and I used the Respironics on the battery because it is a 12 volt machine.

On the link if you scroll down it lists all the plugs included and their sizes.
It states:
J: 7.4*5.0*11(0.6) - for HP Pavilion and Dell E4300 E4310 E5400 E5410 E5500 E5510 E6400 E6410 E6410ATG E6500 E6510 XT XT2

I believe it is a 7.4 5.0 plug not sure what the extra numbers are for. It fit my HP laptop. Since the HP Pavilion is an older computer a lot of the new plug sets don't include this one.

Remember I used this with a portable battery not sure I would have tried it with AC power unless I had a machine I just wanted to experiment with because you maybe out more than the cost of an adapter'
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760