Counterproposal for All Forum Members

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Sonnyboy

Counterproposal for All Forum Members

Post by Sonnyboy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 pm

palerider

Re: Counterproposal for All Forum Members

Post by palerider » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:57 am

it's like... a breath of fresh air.

you realize, of course, that the professional nag patrol, comprised, as it is, of people that know nothing helpful vis a vis the operation of a cpap and thus just think they'll shame others into doing what they want are unable to comprehend what you've posted...

I'm sure they'll be along shortly to make nasty comments, give that's all they're capable of doing.

you however, Sonnyboy, keep up the good work

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:22 am

First time I have seen that and it made me smile. Yes no moderation except self moderation. Is there any self moderation going on?
This is a public place, anyone can come here. This is not a private home or a bar.
In fact it is a friends house, Johnny Goodman. He has invited us here and asked us to behave ourselves (self moderation) while visiting.
I am not sure that chasing off desperate people that came here for help is what he had in mind. I am pretty sure that he speaks directly to that.
It's funny that no moderation can be seen as justification for any behavior anyone wants. Army boots on the couch. Roadside bar talk and manners.
Ahhh but then it would be said that if Johnny did not like it he would say something about it? No moderation except self moderation, usually including himself.
Waiting for us to moderate ourselves.

So I guess this means that when we/you go over to a friends house and they invite you to their best friends house, you act like you do here?
Do you actually get invited back?
Do your kids actually bring their friends over and hang with you? Or say HI and avoid you?
Do you actually act like this with strangers?

This is not your house, it is Johnny's house and we are guests, all of us. We all have the same rights here and I assume that we have all been taught manners.

I pick on no one. I don't single anyone out. I don't even want a response. If this is how you truly behave in a strangers house, then that's on you.

There seems to be great satisfaction in the no moderators part of that link and nothing said about the expectation of self moderation and his request that we do exactly that.
It has been pointed out that that post by Johnny is directed at one faction, have you ever read that same post and considered what parts of it apply to you?

Please do not answer! I do not want to hear it. In my mind it is an excuse and not a thing can be said to change my mind.
Sleeping MUCH better now

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:40 am

Well, I've taken to just "sitting in the corner quietly" in Johnny's house, playing Words With Friends.

However, having just got "ionize" on a TW square I feel the need to jump up with a "Huzzah!"

I tell ya, some of these Confirmation Codes would be very helpful Scrabble words (like "jcnzq", for instance).

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:58 am

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:52 am

You all know how I feel.
Johnny Goodman rocks!

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:24 pm

PoolQ wrote: I am not sure that chasing off desperate people that came here for help is what he had in mind. I am pretty sure that he speaks directly to that.
Yes the pollyannas assume that. But it is not true - searchers are not fragile flowers.
It's funny that no moderation can be seen as justification for any behavior anyone wants. Army boots on the couch. Roadside bar talk and manners.

Sounds like home. No cute crocheted doilies were ever found there.
So I guess this means that when we/you go over to a friends house and they invite you to their best friends house, you act like you do here?
Do you actually get invited back?
Do your kids actually bring their friends over and hang with you? Or say HI and avoid you?
Do you actually act like this with strangers?
Yes and my friends re not mealy mouthed speshul snowflakes who get butt hurt because someone disagrees with them. My daughters friends were always here because they were free to be themselves.
This is not your house, it is Johnny's house and we are guests, all of us.
Why assume Johhny is some mealy mouth fragile flower who needs your help?
Please do not answer! I do not want to hear it. In my mind it is an excuse and not a thing can be said to change my mind.
Yes in other words "don't confuse me with facts I don't like. I am too much of a closed minded fragile flower to believe there are other ways to live"

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

Pesser

Post by Pesser » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Only 655 views! Wow.