Trying Hard Not to Commit Suicide

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Trying Hard Not to Commit Suicide

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 pm

Or the regret and envy of others.
Very toxic.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:39 am

ZubeDude wrote:I feel for you. I'm at my wit's end too. I can't get the darn CPAP machine to work. I can't sleep with a mask on and my apnea is getting worse. I too had to leave my job because I couldn't sleep. I moved back in with parents. If it's possible to move in with family, I highly recommend it. It will take away the stress.
You said you "can't"; you need to explore all your options.
If your body can get use to sleeping without sufficient oxygen, gasping for air, struggling to stay alive every night - then the body is capable of adjusting to extreme challenges. It took me ~2 months.
Start a thread so others can try to help you adjust.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:27 am

TedVPAP wrote:If your body can get use to sleeping without sufficient oxygen, gasping for air, struggling to stay alive every night - then the body is capable of adjusting to extreme challenges.
Good point.

Put that way, CPAP doesn't sound at all extreme.

ZubeDude

Post by ZubeDude » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:52 am

My lowest oxygen reading on my sleep study was 91 with an average of 95. I also never wake up gasping for air.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:56 am

jwong wrote:In a nutshell you are dying.As we all are! I am in a similar boat. I have multiple serious health problems; pacemaker, aortic dissection and sleep apnea. I also, De-FIB, Quad Bi-Pass, 1/3 of Heart function, Diabetes, Worn out hip and knees and finally something I can fix, Sleep Apnea I have a little money in the bank, but I haven't work at my job in over a year. I am most likely about to get fired. I cannot get disability because all the doctors pass the buck; they can't isolate the symptoms to a specific cause so it is not their department.

And to top it off I am alone. The best news I heard all month was the pulmonary doctor telling me I will need the cpap machine for
life.

I don't know what to say. Life was good as long as I was healthy, now it sucks.
Red text in quote is mine....

I will go along with you about Life. It is Good as Long as You are Healthy, However many of us aren't Healthy. Life grinds us down, many times how we live our lives make the Damage worse and earlier than it needs to be. Maybe if we had got smarter before we got older, but it doesn't seem to work out that way.

For Me, I'm going to use my XPAP correctly, to prolong this sucky life as long as possible. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:08 pm

jwong wrote:In a nutshell you are dying. I am in a similar boat. I have multiple serious health problems; pacemaker, aortic dissection and sleep
apnea. I have a little money in the bank, but I haven't work at my job in over a year. I am most likely about to get fired. I cannot
get disability because all the doctors pass the buck; they can't isolate the symptoms to a specific cause so it is not their department.

And to top it off I am alone. The best news I heard all month was the pulmonary doctor telling me I will need the cpap machine for
life.

I don't know what to say. Life was good as long as I was healthy, now it sucks.
You got great news, Rejoice, I got a letter from the IRS stating I made a error in 2015, and owed them another $1200, then two freezers failed 1/2 a cow rotted in them, blood running all over the basement. So far the Sleep Apnea and XPAP machine have been only good news, had it not been for that, I might not have awoken up, to get the mail or smell the basement.. It all works out. Jim

Now I get to read all the old whining posts too!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jwong

Post by jwong » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:15 am

Thanks for response. some more quick questions

a) do you feel cpap machines are like a permanent crutch? My doctor told me I would need would for life.
b) I also have pacemaker, aortic dissection, and high blood pressure. are those dangerous illness?

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:30 am

I don't understand you... why are yiou not asking your doctor these question? It is vital that you know what's going on with your health but you ask strangers on the net about it? We're not doctors, we know nothing about your personal history, state of health now, anything at all that's meaningful. What's serious for one person with e.g. one of those diagnoses may not be AS serious in another depending on very many factors, and vice versa. We are in NO position to make any judgments or statements about you or your situation and you need to be more assertive with your doctor(s) about what's what. We can only make wild guesses based on generalizations (probably found on Google) and some of us think we're smarter than others, but in fact routinely put out mistaken info. as if they believe it's true. And you're not in a position to sort through any of it by yourself, not without a medical degree.

Papit

Post by Papit » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:34 pm

Julie wrote:I don't understand you... why are yiou not asking your doctor these question? It is vital that you know what's going on with your health but you ask strangers on the net about it? We're not doctors, we know nothing about your personal history, state of health now, anything at all that's meaningful. What's serious for one person with e.g. one of those diagnoses may not be AS serious in another depending on very many factors, and vice versa. We are in NO position to make any judgments or statements about you or your situation and you need to be more assertive with your doctor(s) about what's what. We can only make wild guesses based on generalizations (probably found on Google) and some of us think we're smarter than others, but in fact routinely put out mistaken info. as if they believe it's true. And you're not in a position to sort through any of it by yourself, not without a medical degree.
+10 !

PulseOx Data-transfer to OSCAR4-23-12http://tinyurl.com/nzd64gu
Wireless SD Card Data-transfer to OSCAR 8-14-15http://tiny.cc/z1kv8x

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:48 pm

There is no "can't"; there is no "try".
There is only "do" or " not do".

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:18 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:There is no "can't"; there is no "try".
There is only "do" or " not do".
Well Spoken Yoda Froggy! Jim

MssDarla

Post by MssDarla » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 am

Im so sorry

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:04 pm

No reason to be sorry--giving up is easy.
Standing up to fight is not so easy, but really WORTH IT.

jwong

Post by jwong » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:57 am

My medical problems have similar symptoms. So it is hard to tell which one is really
affecting me the most. Doctors, unless they really care, tend to be conservative
and just say it is not in their specialty that is the problem.

HOw are you doing now?

jwong

Post by jwong » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:58 am

Is CPAP really just a "therapy" machine? Shouldn't you find out what is the
root cause of your breathing problem?