leak stopper for my CF2 :D

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RedThunder94

leak stopper for my CF2 :D

Post by RedThunder94 » Sun May 28, 2006 9:03 am

i tried something on a whim that occurred to me as i was getting supplies the other day, there are some approximately 2.5" wide elastic straps with velcro on the ends that are used to secure wires, surgical tubing, iv's and stuff to your arms or legs, and i found out that it actually works really good as a middle strap on my comfortfull 2 full face mask, and i have a fat head but there was enough of the strap to go around and not be too tight, and the elastic is awesome, i found out that i could actually sleep on my side or on my stomach and get zero leaks! i had thought about adapting RG's panty hose fix since i like to be on my side sometimes and i would get crazy leaks from the mask whenever i'm not flat on my back but after i tried this i was amazed that such a simple thing could help so much, it may even work on other types of masks, i dunno, but i think i'm sold.

idahogal

Post by idahogal » Sun May 28, 2006 10:47 am

That sounds great! I am on a mission today to find some fixes for my new CL2. I just cant seem to get it to seal all night long so I need some tension on the nasal pillows themselves.

NightHawkeye

Post by NightHawkeye » Sun May 28, 2006 10:59 am

idahogal wrote:That sounds great! I am on a mission today to find some fixes for my new CL2. I just cant seem to get it to seal all night long so I need some tension on the nasal pillows themselves.
Sounds like the problem I had, Idahogal. A little fishing line will fix that right up. Here's a picture of what I did to solve the problem.

viewtopic.php?p=76205&highlight=make+hillbilly#76205

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Bill

Jimm

Re: leak stopper for my CF2 :D

Post by Jimm » Sun May 28, 2006 11:29 am

RedThunder94 wrote:i tried something on a whim that occurred to me as i was getting supplies the other day, there are some approximately 2.5" wide elastic straps with velcro on the ends that are used to secure wires, surgical tubing, iv's and stuff to your arms or legs, and i found out that it actually works really good as a middle strap on my comfortfull 2 full face mask, and i have a fat head but there was enough of the strap to go around and not be too tight, and the elastic is awesome,
Sounds good! Where did you buy this strap?

RedThunder94

Post by RedThunder94 » Sun May 28, 2006 11:38 am

at the medical supply store i go to, i'm sure they are available at pharmacies and most any medical supply. i can get some more but i dunno how much they cost, i got mine as a gimmie, lol. i can ask them how much they cost next time i go.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun May 28, 2006 11:52 am

Gotta love the creative lab-ratting that goes on. Good job, RedThunder! Thanks for the tip.

Trophies were on back-order....LOL... here ya go!

Last edited by rested gal on Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RedThunder94

Post by RedThunder94 » Sun May 28, 2006 12:01 pm

rested gal wrote:Gotta love the creative lab-ratting that goes on. Good job, RedThunder! Thanks for the tip.
much obliged, anything i can do to help out the people that have in turn helped me out as well, happy to be the lab rat, lol...

idahogal

Post by idahogal » Sun May 28, 2006 1:19 pm

Nighthawkeye, this is EXACTLY what I need and have been looking to do! Thanks! I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what to do with this. I like the idea that it is only the attachment itself that needs additions and not the whole mask. Thanks

wgrc1971

Photograph?

Post by wgrc1971 » Mon May 29, 2006 7:52 pm

Thanks!!! This sounds like a great idea! Would it be possible for you to take a digital picture of this and share it. I want to try the same thing - I have the same mask. Thanks for your help!!!!

RedThunder94

Post by RedThunder94 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:51 pm

wgrc1971 wrote:Thanks!!! This sounds like a great idea! Would it be possible for you to take a digital picture of this and share it. I want to try the same thing - I have the same mask. Thanks for your help!!!!
if you were talking to me, okay, i'll post pics, reluctantly, though, i hate putting my pics up on the www, lol, here is a few so you can get the idea.

http://members.tccoa.com/chorizon/carpi ... ff059b.jpg

http://members.tccoa.com/chorizon/carpi ... ff070b.jpg

http://members.tccoa.com/chorizon/carpi ... ff071b.jpg

hope this helps. i tried to post the pics, but i guess our head honcho at our car club website doesn't allow cross linking to this site, oh wells just copy and paste the links into your addy bar.

Last edited by RedThunder94 on Wed May 31, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Get Blown!

ozij

Post by ozij » Mon May 29, 2006 8:51 pm

The link to the image was posted by Nighthawkeye in his post - you must have missed the beginning of th the thread. Click on the following URL - its colored blue, as opposed to the text in black.

To read a thread from the very begining, click on its subject.

O.

RedThunder94

Post by RedThunder94 » Mon May 29, 2006 8:56 pm

ozij wrote:The link to the image was posted by Nighthawkeye in his post - you must have missed the beginning of th the thread. Click on the following URL - its colored blue, as opposed to the text in black.

To read a thread from the very begining, click on its subject.

O.
umm, i think he was talking to me, if not forget about it.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Tue May 30, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks for the links to the pictures, RedThunder. Looks like a good strap to use across the front to stablilize a full face mask (or just about any type of mask, for that matter.) I've read of people using an ACE bandage or even a chinstrap that way...across the front and fastened behind the head. The strap you found looks very useful.

That's the same thing I do with the leg cut off a pair of soft, stretchy tights...placing it across the front of the Aura (Aeiomed's "Headrest") nasal pillows, the CL2 nasal pillows; down near the nasal pillows shell of the Breeze, etc. I also use it over the "simple cushion" of the ComfortLite 2 to keep that little nose covering thingy from leaking.

An extra strap across the front is often the one last key to making masks work. Works like having your hand up there lightly holding the mask in place all night.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue May 30, 2006 11:24 am

I've no doubt you're right, RedThunder. Thanks for posting the pics despite your reluctance. They're very helpful.

O.

wgrc1971

Post by wgrc1971 » Tue May 30, 2006 2:23 pm

Thanks Red Thunder!! That looks like a great solution! I appreciate your posting the pics online. I have the same mask and have a big leakage problem. I have to lay completely still or it leaks, and I also love to lay on my side but now cannot. I've also been overtightening the straps to reduce the leakage, which is doing a number on my nose and face. The provider says that the looser you tie it the less leaks, but that has not been my experience.

THANKS so much for being so kind as to post the photos ... I am hopeful that this will really help!!