Resmed S8 Vantage access data?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Josh S

Resmed S8 Vantage access data?

Post by Josh S » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:17 am

Last night was my first sleep with my Resmed S8 Vantage, and Swift pillows, I slept well!!!!! and Woke feeling more rested than in a long time.

I was looking for last nights data, and it doesn't show up in my menu's only compliance data.

Do I need to use the smart card to access this? OR????

Thank you all for your help.

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:31 am

Josh S wrote:Do I need to use the smart card to access this?
Josh,

I don't use that machine, but I would assume it has to have somewhere to store the data from which to retrieve it (data/smart card).

RG has posted that the night's data should be visable in the screen (by pushing some buttons), but I would think that the data card has to be there to store it.

Best wishes,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ufo13

Post by ufo13 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:02 am

Josh S:

The RESULTS menu and SMART DATA in the OPTIONS menu are displayed ONLY if you have set one or more smart data options to "ON" in the clinical menu,options, smart data! If you do not know how to set this or get into the clinical menu just PM me! Once this is set "no card is needed" to get mask fit, leak, ahi's, ai's, hi's,hours etc. If this is all the data you need, the machine will give it to you and you can write it down each day w/o the use of smart cards, software, computer etc. But you must get the info before 12 o/clock noon each day as the machine resets itself for the next nights data at that time! Once the options are set to ON in the clinical menu-you then can get overnight results of mask fit, 95%tile pressure, etc in the morning just by turning the machine on then off, then pressing the left key! To get the more detailed info of AHI's, AI's, HI's etc you must access the clinical menu before noon!

Hope this helps,

Steve,
ufo13

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:10 am

Thanks, Steve......I've been wondering about that. One of my step-sons uses the S8 Elite so I presume that works that way for that one, too. I've been trying to get him more involved with his therapy. He's fairly new into the CPAP world and the other night when we were talking on the phone, he discovered the settings for the different masks.....I finally got him reading his user's manual.

Best wishes,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

ufo13

Post by ufo13 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:16 am

Den:

I assume the S8 Elite is the same but I am not sure! He can try what I said in the other post to see! If I can help either of you with any further info - just let me know! YOU certainly have helped me in the past, as well as many others I am sure!

Best to you,
Steve,
ufo13

Post by Guest » Thu May 04, 2006 11:50 pm

hello

i just got the S8 elite but I cannot find the Detailed Menu or Clinical Menu that you guys are referring to. Did my DME need to set it up for me to access this information? Is there a way for me to set this up myself? I would grately appreciate the info! Thanks!!

Guest-Guest

Post by Guest-Guest » Fri May 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Guest:

Sign up on this website with all your particulars and someone will PM you I am sure! They cannot PM you as a guest!

Tumbleweed

Post by Tumbleweed » Sun May 07, 2006 8:30 am

Accessing the Cinical menu on the Elite IS thae same as with the Vantage. When I was getting my new Vantage a month ago, the DME sent an Elite to me at first by mistake. PM any of us who use thw Vantage and we'll tell you how to access that menu.

ResMed Swift Nasal Interface- Medium

8 years and going strong!

DME_Guy

Post by DME_Guy » Sun May 07, 2006 9:13 am

The Vantage and Elite should be the same. I think you can even upgrade the Elite to a Vantage via a software update. I need to verify that. i know you could with the S7 models.

dsm

Post by dsm » Sun May 07, 2006 2:35 pm

DME_GUY,

I am sure you are correct.

Cheers

DSM

(also with the S8 models, entering the clin menu can be done using the bottom (down) button *or* either of the left or right buttons. On the S7 range it was only with the bottom & right buttons.

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Hagrid

Post by Hagrid » Sun May 07, 2006 8:38 pm

UFO13-

PM incoming!

d

Turn data on easily -- Resmed manual on ebay

Post by d » Mon May 08, 2006 10:08 am

For those of us who didn't get our Resmed S8 machines online and the DME doesn't give us the clinician manual, it's available on ebay for five or six bucks. The seller is very responsive and I had mine in a matter of hours. Now I can see whatever I want and the data is very helpful! A search on Ebay for Resmed S8 manual will bring it right up.

CPUKiller

Post by CPUKiller » Thu May 11, 2006 7:31 pm

Will someone PM me with the info on how to access the Clinical menu on my S8 Elite? Also, d, if you are around will you email me the Clinicians Manual?

TBoson

Post by TBoson » Sat May 13, 2006 1:43 pm

I would also be interested in accessing the menus on my Escape S8 to see statistical info. THanks in advance!!!

Linda3032

Post by Linda3032 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:16 pm

PM sent.