Fix & Tweak pictures collection

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ozij

Fix & Tweak pictures collection

Post by ozij » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:00 am

Pjwalman - Peggy had a great idea of getting all the fix & tweak pictiures in one thread - a sort of "Our Collective Wisdom" in pictures - but there was a rather ambiguous teddy bear growl about pictures being kidnapped... not sure if it was humor or not - and Peggy deleted everything.

I suggest that all picture posters who agree to have their pictures copied and pasted in some central source write it specifically in this thread - so no one get rubbed the wrong way.

Its still a great idea, and will be very helpful to many.

Doug's generous suggestion to host is also wonderful - though I think in the logest run it would be better if Johnny Goodman found a way if giving us a central place for pictures. - I realize this goes againg all those "do no modify" warnings - but maybe he still could?

Anyway, Peggy's idea was right - and shoud be started again, giving each poster the credit for their pictures.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

GumbyCT

Post by GumbyCT » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:46 am

I think it would be GREAT if cpap.com would host pictures.

Otherwise a simple link is all that IS needed. Don't forget not everyone wants to see ALL the pictures. Others are still on dial-up. If just the links were displayed, it wouldn't take so long to load and folks could just click on what they want to see.

fwiw - I thought RG had pretty much done just that - put all the links together, in one place.

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!

jules

Post by jules » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:59 am

How about starting with this -------- it really needs to be a "sticky" at the top of the forum. There are many of other good fixes that didn't win awards however, and they need to be found and linked in.

viewtopic.php?p=127492#127492

Words describing fixes need to be available with pictures.

Pictures need to be credited to who did the fix.

Pictures in one central location WITH permission of the originator would be great.

Even Teddy might approve but he sure doesn't want to be bearnapped to Keizer.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:06 am

People are always welcome to "take" any pics I have up on my website. It's like a big messy closet -- so much stuff thrown in there over the years.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:17 pm

People sometimes delete pictures - which is why copying them to an agreed "always there" location is important.

Good suggestions, jules.

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

pjwalman

Pillow Problem Fix for Side Sleepers

Post by pjwalman » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:51 pm

EDIT: I'M SORRY, BUT I RARELY CHECK IN ANYMORE SINCE I'VE MOVED ON TO TRYING TO DEAL WITH THE LATEST MALADY, AND SO I'M NOT GOING TO BE PROVIDING THE PILLOWPAL PATTERN ANYMORE. I HOPE THOSE THAT HAVE RECEIVED IT HAVE BENEFITED FROM IT.

I am not sure if the idea is to put the "fix" pictures here or not, but here is my lame contribution to start things out.

I tried every pillow in the house -- cheap basic, down, memory foam, snore/contour -- and I just couldn't get comfortable with my mask with any of them. Figured at that point I'd been defeated and started looking online for special CPAP pillows, but the 45 to 60 bucks just didn't sit well with me. So then I thought of trying one of those neck support pillows (that kind of looks like a C) on top of my pillow, 'cause it would support my head but give me room for my mask, but I had to keep flipping it from side to side as I flipped. But I liked the idea of just throwing something little on top of my regular pillow to raise my head up just enough to allow for mask and hose clearance, and I'm trying to learn how to sew, so I started thinking of something I could throw together myself. I just tore up an old flattened pillow for stuffing, and here's what I came up with.

Now, I can hear you guffawing at my lack of sewing skills -- obviously I am no seamstress -- but I have to say both of these work pretty well for me 'cause they support me where I want the support but leave room for all the gadgets hanging off my face, and my head is still raised because it sits on top of my regular pillow. I think I like the one best that looks like an H, 'cause I don't have to flip it -- it works on either side -- and I like just shoving my shoulder into the curve and being lined up right. Since I didn't stuff it too full, I can kind of move the "legs" of the H under my forehead or chin where I want them. I had to play with the idea of catching some Z's just to amuse myself, but it's not quite as practical, 'cause you have to flip it to make a place for your mask when you switch sides.

Okay. Prepare to laugh!

Anyway, I just wanted to get the ball rolling on sharing fixes. Look forward to seeing everyone else's ideas.

Peggy

EDIT: At some expression of interest (and with the help of a very kind forum member), I came up with a PDF pattern for the Pillow Pal that I'm happy to share with any CPAP user who would like it. As you can see from the picture, you don't really have to know how to sew -- it's just a simple seam all around the edge to hold the stuffing in. If you'd like a copy of the pattern, just P.M. me with your e-mail address.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): hose, CPAP
Last edited by pjwalman on Sun May 31, 2009 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Peggy, guess what you just won?

You've been added (under misc) here:

LINKS to Lab Rat Trophy awards
viewtopic.php?t=15104

Good job!
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

pjwalman

Post by pjwalman » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Why, I am truly honored! Thank you, Rested Gal!!!

Peggy

travismcgee

Post by travismcgee » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:11 pm

Okay here is my contribution. I call it the CPAP Caddy. I knocked my machine off my dresser twice by pulling the hose while moving around at night. Thankfully it survived both times. I didn't want to give it a third try. I bought this 4 drawer wheeled cabinet at Target for about $25.00. The top drawer has been modified by drilling a hole for the hose and cutting large slots in the front and back for airflow. The other drawers are large enough to store spare masks, hoses, manuals, BreatherRght strips, chinstraps, carry bags etc.

Here is a closeup of the front:

Here is the machine inside the drawer:

Here are the cords and hose attached with the drawer closed, the latch is to keep the drawer closed:

Finally, here it is all ready to go:

There is just enough room to remove the smart card and take the humidifier in and out without removing the machine. So far it has worked great.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Douglas Adams

pjwalman

Post by pjwalman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:15 pm

That is an awesome idea, travismcgee!!! I wish I'd seen this before I went out and spent too much money on a bookcase that is not nearly as practical!! Way to go!!!!

Peggy

Shutchis1951

Post by Shutchis1951 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:45 pm

I too have knocked my machine off my night stand twice. Will have to get to Target and get one like that and put mine in. Right now I have the back of a chair up againist my night stand with my machine behind the chair so far I haven't pulled it off again.

Sharon

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:49 pm

I think I'm on my way to target!!!

heretolearn

Post by heretolearn » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:07 pm

Great idea!
This setup can be easily rolled away into the closet (instead of taking every thing apart!)
Sure makes for a more clutter-free look in the bedroom!

pjwalman

Post by pjwalman » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Submission withdrawn.
Last edited by pjwalman on Sun May 11, 2008 10:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

GumbyCT

Re: Face Gasket/Eye Saver for FlexiFit

Post by GumbyCT » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:46 pm

pjwalman wrote:If you'd seen my eyes, you'd know the inconvenience is well worth the trade-off. Smile
I don't know why a picture comes to mind? Rocky ya say? And what causes that again?

I have no doubt, how I sleep affects every waking moment.
I am making progress-NOW I remember that I can't remember
;)
If this isn’t rocket science why are there so many spaceshots?
Be your own healthcare advocate!