Comfort Curve and cheek pads

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
DCTom

Comfort Curve and cheek pads

Post by DCTom » Sun May 22, 2005 6:02 pm

Try taking the cheek pads off and use soft velcro there instead. It's extremely lightweight then and seems to seal better (less leaks). Also the elbows leak but a little siran wrap around the seal will stop this. It's VERY quiet. Hope it works well tonight, my first night with CC. I don't think it's going to do well on my side but I'll see about just staying on my back tonight.

Newsgrouper

Post by Newsgrouper » Sun May 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Instead of Velcro I used ovals of Dr. Scholl's moleskin. It is very soft and has an adhesive back. Took a long nap this afternoon with no leaks or discomfort. The silicon cheek pads are very thick and caused too much pressure on my cheek bones.

Comfort Curve

Post by Guest » Mon May 23, 2005 7:27 am

My experience: Over the past few months, since getting my CPAP machine and experiencing actual sleep for the first time in many years, I've been experimenting with different mask types to improve my comfort and improve 'compliance'. I kept taking the mask off in my sleep. I tried prongs and nasal masks with straps and nasal masks over the top of the head, all with different portfolios of tradeoffs. I took a flier on the Comfort Curve and Voila! I go to sleep with it on and I wake up with it on. I remove it while I'm sleeping only 1 in 5 nights. It's comforable. This is a vast improvement. The sole tradeoff I have experienced is a slightly greater propensity to leak while side sleeping. I'll take an infrequent leak in order to get great comfort and near complete compliance any day.

Comfort Curve
Resmed Cflex Auto (8-11cm)