Liberty Elbow Solution (now with picture)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
soulrhythm

Liberty Elbow Solution (now with picture)

Post by soulrhythm » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:35 pm

I am a relatively new CPAP user (Since July 07), and just began using the Liberty mask. Within a week the elbow broke just as many have described here. My medical supplier replaced it with no questions and I have since found a solution that also helped with another issue as well.

I began CPAP treatment with the Opus Nasal Pillow system mailny because of the hose placement over my head. I found I could turn very easliy from side to side. When I switched to the LIberty (because I had significant mouth leaks), I could not get used to the hose hanging down and having to turn with me through the night. This is also what caused the break in the elbow as I turned over and the "ripple" of the hose got caught on the edge of the bed, putting too much pressure on the elbow.

I solved this issue by sewing a piece of velco into the top center of the head-gear and I secure the hose into the velcro. The hose then runs over my head and falls behind my pillow. I can turn freely from side to side with no pull on the hose. This also takes all the pressure off the elbow.

Last edited by soulrhythm on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:03 am

That sounds great. I'm going to try it with the Liberty to see how it works. I like the routing the hose over the head idea.

Thread on how I overcame aerophagia
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3383 ... hagia.html

Thread on my TAP III experience
http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t3705 ... ges--.html

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:50 pm

I tried your solution and it was a very easy fix. Easy to set up and works as advertised.

Excellent idea!!!!

Idget

soulrhythm

Post by soulrhythm » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:43 pm

Thanks for posting. So glad this was helpful. I was also having a few issues with leaks near the tip of my nose and tried using a small piece of medical tape, and it worked great. Have had two nights with a leak rate of .18 and an AHI of around 2.0

JIM

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): AHI

Last edited by soulrhythm on Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:31 pm

soulrhythm, guess what!

You got an award for a cool mod to the Liberty!

Here ya go:

To see all the Lab Rat award winners:
viewtopic.php?p=127492

soulrhythm

Post by soulrhythm » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:25 am

Thanks Rested Gal. I am honored. I am new to this forum and am mainly on the receiving end of info and tips. Glad I could contribute.

sleepngo

Post by sleepngo » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:13 pm

Great idea soulrhythm, I too use a Velcro loop, but with a metal clip. I attach the Velcro loop to my hose than either clip it to the waist band of my shorts or my night shirt and rout the hose under the covers to keep the air worm , helps to prevent rain-out. works great.

Dan