Australians and CPAP stuff

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepySandy

Australians and CPAP stuff

Post by SleepySandy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:10 pm

Has anyone seen this?

http://www.sleepapneamasks.com.au/logical.asp

They make a custom mask using an impression of your face. I mouth breathe, but I would be willing to glue my mouth shut to wear a custom mask.

Let's see:
An Australian invented CPAP.
Aussies provide the heated hose.
They make custom masks.

My husband is Australian but I don't know if I should tell him about all of this. He might get a big head

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): hose, CPAP

Last edited by SleepySandy on Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RosemaryB

Post by RosemaryB » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:16 pm

Very cool! If you ever visit Australia, you could get one made. Then you could do a review .

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:23 pm

Too bad they don't make the full face mask

I did like the way they defended the price of their product ... "What price can you put on quality sleep? The price is a little over $1 per night to have a full 8 hours sleep and full compliance with CPAP.”

Many people pay $80 or more a night for an uncomfotable (possilbly bed-bug infested) bed at a low budget hotel.

Makes feel so much better about the money I have spent on my equipment

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

birdshell

Post by birdshell » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:31 pm

Yes, those Aussies are very inventive when it comes to Sleep Disordered Breathing.

Thank you so much, because I have been asking over and over: Why can one be fitted for custom ski boots, yet not an xPAP mask? Skiing IS important, but I think breathing trumps that activity. Do not go out on the ski slopes without proper rest...but if one does, your feet, knees, and legs will be feeling swell!

It is good to know that there is some sanity in the world. I've always wanted to go to Australia....

Blarg, did you pick one up on your recent trip?

Karen

Be kinder than necessary; everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Click => Free Mammograms

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:42 pm

birdshell wrote:Yes, those Aussies are very inventive when it comes to Sleep Disordered Breathing.

It is good to know that there is some sanity in the world. I've always wanted to go to Australia....

Blarg, did you pick one up on your recent trip?

Karen

Yep, I always wanted to ge there too. In fact, I asked them if they would let me migrate over there about 25 years ago ... and they said no way no how they would let me ... guess I snored too loud

So I ended up moving to central Texas (from southeast Texas) next best thing to the Land Down Unda ... only thing is the english accent is not as cool as in Aussie Land
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

Janine

Post by Janine » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:43 pm

I wish they made FFM too. Now that would be useful! If we can get orthodics, why not masks?

Anyone want to see if they will franchise to North America?

SleepySandy

Post by SleepySandy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:51 pm

The irony is my in-laws are there.

I haven't been there in years because the flight is just brutal. The last time we went I told my husband I couldn't go again until we saved for business class tickets. I have an old back injury and I can't describe the pain of coach for 16 hours. The thing is, even if we saved for business class tickets I'm too cheap to spend that much money on plane tickets. It's a dilemma.

A custom mask might make the trip worth it. I'm also willing to accept donations for a business class ticket . I could definitely spend donations

The bummer is the FAQ says it takes 4-5 weeks to make the mask. They like you to return for a fitting after it's made, but it's not required. If I were getting one I would prefer to have the second fitting considering the expense of the mask, but that's just too long to be over there.

blarg

Post by blarg » Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:52 pm

birdshell wrote:Blarg, did you pick one up on your recent trip?
Nope. Didn't know they existed.
I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:30 pm

Awww right! Way to go!

Ha! Can you imagine suffering from hot flashes and/or night sweats w/that Anderson mask??

I think I'll go w/the Logical Mask. That Anderson mask looks like it would be absolute TORTURE on hot, humid nights even if you can get COLD air outta your humidifier. So, its the Logical Mask for me!

But we need RestedGal to go about fixing that headgear!!! Looks to me like they missed the boat by not using velcro instead of those fine buckles on the Logical. Wha' choo tink, RG??

Oh, and $1 per night??? But they didn't say how MANY nights at a $1 per night. I'm sure they are NOT selling that customized mask for just $8!!!!

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Janine

Post by Janine » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:44 pm

Slinky wrote:Awww right! Way to go!

Ha! Can you imagine suffering from hot flashes and/or night sweats w/that Anderson mask??

I think I'll go w/the Logical Mask. That Anderson mask looks like it would be absolute TORTURE on hot, humid nights even if you can get COLD air outta your humidifier. So, its the Logical Mask for me!

But we need RestedGal to go about fixing that headgear!!! Looks to me like they missed the boat by not using velcro instead of those fine buckles on the Logical. Wha' choo tink, RG??

Oh, and $1 per night??? But they didn't say how MANY nights at a $1 per night. I'm sure they are NOT selling that customized mask for just $8!!!!
$1 a night, for the rest of your life... Yeah, no price is a bit scary but it is the come back in 5 weeks that would put me off.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:09 pm

SleepySandy wrote:The irony is my in-laws are there.

I haven't been there in years because the flight is just brutal. The last time we went I told my husband I couldn't go again until we saved for business class tickets. I have an old back injury and I can't describe the pain of coach for 16 hours. The thing is, even if we saved for business class tickets I'm too cheap to spend that much money on plane tickets. It's a dilemma.

A custom mask might make the trip worth it. I'm also willing to accept donations for a business class ticket . I could definitely spend donations

The bummer is the FAQ says it takes 4-5 weeks to make the mask. They like you to return for a fitting after it's made, but it's not required. If I were getting one I would prefer to have the second fitting considering the expense of the mask, but that's just too long to be over there.
In a few years they will have the Transporter profected, It will be just a few nano sec trip, just be sure no flies are in the machine. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:25 pm

Promises, promises, GoofProof. I haven't seen you back outta that monitor yet!

dsm

Re: Australians and CPAP stuff

Post by dsm » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:52 am

[quote="SleepySandy"]Has anyone seen this?

http://www.sleepapneamasks.com.au/logical.asp

They make a custom mask using an impression of your face. I mouth breathe, but I would be willing to glue my mouth shut to wear a custom mask.

Let's see:
An Australian invented CPAP.
Aussies provide the heated hose.
They make custom masks.

My husband is Australian but I don't know if I should tell him about all of this. He might get a big head

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

blarg

Post by blarg » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:48 am

I fired off an email to them about full face masks if anyone's curious:
Jill Anderson wrote:Thanks for your enquiry.
Many full face mask users have decided to have our mask made for themselves
and overcome the mouth breathing by using a small piece of Elastaplast tape
across their lips. Do not seal the mouth totally but allow air to breathed
in incase of a power failure. Full face masks are the mask that most have
difficulties with. We do not believe in them because of the chance of having
too much CO2 build up. We will never develop a full face. The cost of our
mask is $1240.00 and we need your face for a facila impression and then it
takes approx 3 weeks to manufacture. We then post the mask to you.
I cry BS on the "too much CO2".

I'm a programmer Jim, not a doctor!

Moby

Post by Moby » Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:50 am

Cost is Aus$1240