This is nowhere near as dramatic as whipping out a saw and going after my Aura, but I've been using it very comfortably with low to no leaks for about two weeks now. I love this interface.
The main problem I had originally was that it was unstable, as many others have mentioned. The wrong twist, turn, etc, would pop the pillows out and leaks galore. Most of this was fixed when I adjusted the horizontal adjustment as far in as it would go, but it still wasn't where I would have liked it to be.
So, looking at the pillows themselves, I had an idea. The insides of the hard plastic tubes that go right about at the bridge of your nose were cut out. It looked like the designers wanted to make the mask more comfortable there if it happened to rest on the bridge of your nose. Well, it wasn't touching, but wouldn't it become more stable if it were?
So, I bent the hell out of the adjustment wires and added a cover to arrive at this:
The red and orange colored bit is the same fleece I used for my hose cover. I find that now, when I wear the mask, it rests comfortably on the bridge of my nose, which keeps the whole mask in place. In order to get the mask off my nose with these modifications, I have to tilt the headgear in such a way that it would be coming off before the pillows pop out.
The fleece is very important for three reasons:
1) That plastic piece isn't comfortable at all without it.
2) It fills in some space to bring the assembly down to where it touches my nose.
3) I've found it actually helps lessen rainout in the mask.
So, while not as revolutionary as "Throw it in a paper shredder", these adjustments changed the Aura from a nice mask to a VERY nice mask, and I wanted to share them in the hopes that others could benefit from my discovery.
|Humidifier ||Software |
| || |
|Additional Comments: Respironics Premium Chin Strap|
(actually works for me!)
Aussie Hose, and lots of home made covers.