Board Introduction

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Anonymous

Board Introduction

Post by Anonymous » Tue Mar 01, 2005 10:49 am

The things you need to know about this board in a nutshell:

1) We all went through the same things you are (some still are), and we're here for you. Whatever your question or trouble, odds are we've been there, done that, and will gladly tell you all about it.

2) Pay particular attention to what the "cpaptalk veterans" say. You can usually pick them out by their large amout of posts or by other users respect for them. They're not medical doctors or anything, but they always have good opinions and good information as they have generally tried many or all of the available CPAP products which has given them wealth of real world experience.

3) Pay special attention to the debates about the merits of DMEs vs cpap.com. Learn as much as you can, so if you end up with one of the really bad DMEs, you know your options, your choices, and know when you're having smoke blown up your tukas.

4) Pay almst no attention to anything Liam says, it's generally intended as humor, which many people here like, and a few consistently don't. In a world full of good information, I'm the "plucky comic relief".

5) Really, good luck with it all, and if you need a friendly electronic shoulder to lean on (if you're like most of us, there will be several points when this will be useful), there are just gobs of them here.

That about does it. If you take nothing from what I've written here, then you've already taken #4 to heart, and I applaud your fast learning.