Central Apneas rise

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jerseyguy

Central Apneas rise

Post by Jerseyguy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 am

The past week or so my AHI has risen from below 1 to 3.1 Most of which are being reported as central apnea. What could be wrong? Two things I can think of are I've been getting nasal congestion which I clear up with flonase before bed and my acid reflux is acting up more than usual. The wierd thing is that based on my sleep study I never had central apnea only obstructive

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Julie

Re: Central Apneas rise

Post by Julie » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 am

Post a couple of Sleepyhead shots please - it may be nothing (clear airways at bedtime or prior to waking) or something else. Two nites is not a trend.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:32 am

How many awakenings or arousals do you remember having during the night?
Yes, please post an image of a night that your are concerned about like Julie suggested.
The detail graphs...like these shown in this thread
viewtopic/t103468/Need-help-with-screen-shots.html

and if you don't know how
https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

and graph organization..we don't need or want all the graphs that SH offers.
https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize

Please note....do NOT do the full screen toggle thing that is mentioned in the link above...there is a bug in SH that affects some operating systems and once you do the full screen toggle thing you can't easily get out of it. So just don't do it....if you need to make the image large use the page size thing on the right upper corner next to the X for closing the program.
DO NOT go to SH/View and click on "full screen toggle"....trust me it's a big PITA if you are unlucky enough to get SH locked in full screen mode.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jerseyguy

Post by Jerseyguy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Damn I went to go pull my sd card from the machine only to find it not there. Its still in my computer. Ill make sure its in tonight and see how I do. To answer the question on how many arousals. I only woke up once but I did have to go to the bathroom.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Don't you just hate it when you realize the card is still in the computer.
It's always right after a night that you for once really wanted to see the details for some reason or other.
I lost count of how many times this has happened to me.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

NightWatch23

Post by NightWatch23 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 am

How do you see Central Apneas in SleepyHead? I just read the reference in the Glossary (under Cheyne-Stokes) and I don't get it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:33 am

NightWatch23 wrote:How do you see Central Apneas in SleepyHead? I just read the reference in the Glossary (under Cheyne-Stokes) and I don't get it.
SleepyHead calls centrals Clear Airway apnea events because that is what Respironics calls them and SleepyHead was originally designed for use with Respironics macines. Other machine brand compatibility was added later.

So a ResMed user will see the centrals flagged as CAs in SleepyHead but if they were to use ResScan software they would be labeled central.

CheyneStokes is a type of periodic breathing but not the only type of PB. It can be a concern when we see a lot of CSR with a lot of events flagged with it and usually central/CA is the most concerning.