Hybrid elbow leaking

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bdp522

Hybrid elbow leaking

Post by bdp522 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:12 am

My hybrid started leaking last night. The leak is coming from the swivel connection at the elbow by the face piece. I wrapped it up with that stretchy white plumbers tape, but now it doesn't swivel. I have e-mailed innomed and will let you know the outcome. The mask is only 2 months old and I love this mask. I am so disappointed!

Brenda

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:18 am

Brenda,

Another member had the same problem and was told that the leak that you are talking about was not a defect and is not supposed to be an airtight connection.Also that the leak would not affect the persons therapy.

I believe that they are correct about the small amount of air coming from the elbow will not affect your therapy.....unless the noise from the leak bothers you like it did for me and another member.

Not to worry because the solution is quite easy.
Take some heavy sewing thread and wrap it round and round as many times as you can in the space where the elbow meets the mask.
This also works for the other swivel connection further down the elbow.
The best part is that the swivels will still swivel and there will be no air leak at all.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:35 pm

Thanks tooly, I wrapped it with thread and it appears to be ok now. I'll find out for sure tonight. The leak was at the swivel closest to the hose. It didn't just leak, it was whistling quite loudly. It takes alot to wake me up! I am just disappointed that a 2 month old mask had a problem, for almost $200 I expected better. I still love this mask and am very comfortable with it. Hopefully innomed can just get me a new connector for this.

Thanks again,

Brenda

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:32 pm

Very neat elegant fix, tooly!

You deserve this:

lemon

Post by lemon » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:34 pm

Thanks! I've been having this problem too. I can't wait to try this.

tooly125

Post by tooly125 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:37 pm

Thanks Rested Gal,

I will try not to let my head get too big

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body totally worn out and screaming,WOO HOO what a ride!

bdp522

Post by bdp522 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:46 pm

Thanks tooly your fix helped. Innomed is sending me a new mask, then I will return the defective one. I am amazed at how helpful they are. They need the old mask back to test it for problems.

Brenda