SilverLining Software

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
becktrev

SilverLining Software

Post by becktrev » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:22 pm

Greetings from Germany,
I've been using a straight CPAP machine for 15 years and wanted something more modern. Goodknight 420E looks attractive and is available here. The problem is, german suppliers totally refuse to let the user have software - no matter what make machine -only the clinics have it.
I mailed three US dealers whether I could buy software and didn't even get a reply.
Question: Is there any sort of second hand market for CPAPs over there, where I could maybe pick up or download the SilverLining software? I don't find anything on the Net.
Howard

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:19 pm

Howard,

Try contacting the sponsor of this forum: CPAP.COM
Here's their link for the software:

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/purita ... ng-36.html

Best wishes,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

becktrev

Post by becktrev » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:46 pm

Thanks Den, it's worth a try.

Interesting prices in the US. Here the same machines cost at least twice as much as on the cpap.com site. Must be because they are always billed to the german health insurance - I've never heard of a patient having to pay himself, except for a few accessories.
Greeting
Howard

Wulfman

Post by Wulfman » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:10 pm

Howard,

Welcome to the forum. Keep coming back....we've got quite a few members from all around the globe.

Depending on where you purchase the equipment here, the prices from the local suppliers here in the states can be several times what the Internet prices are, too.
The only limitation that I know of is that the Internet suppliers in the states can't sell/ship ResMed brand products out of the country. Other than that, they should be able to help you with most everything else.

Best wishes,

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

becktrev

Old CPAPS and solutions

Post by becktrev » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:57 am

I'll offer something I learnt – I guess it may already been written somewhere here.
A solution for noise etc.:

A hole in the wall behind the bed – pipe through the wall (sealed) – machine in the next room with a remote switch on the bed-wall.
Benefit – I don't hear a thing, even though the CPAP is only two feet from my head..

As luck has it, the room behind is a fully tiled bathroom. The machine is in a small vented wall cupboard there - practically dust free.
This room is of course always warmer and damper than the bedroom, so I never need a humidifier. In winter I can have bedroom windows wide open and still breathe no cold air.
I just disconnect and use a spare pipe for travelling.

Greetings,
Howard

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Howard,

Welcome to the message board! What a clever setup you've described.

You may be new to the board, but you've certainly already earned this!!

ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435