Supply order -venting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tuzacat

Supply order -venting

Post by tuzacat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm

I ordered my cpap supplies on Monday and they came today. I was so excited because I'd ordered an F20 fit pack. I like the Amara View but it dries my mouth out more than the F10 so I was looking forward to trying something new. I ripped into the pack all excited and realized something was wrong. Sure enough, they had sent me the Amara View mask with no headgear. Folks, I verified with the woman several times that I was going to get the F20 Fit Pack. Sigh...I called Apria and told them what had happened and said I wanted to send it back. They said there was no record of me ordering a fit pack. They said the Fit Pack wasn't even in their computer although the individual sizes were. They also said I was eligible for the mask but not the headgear - the headgear was next month. Sigh... why didn't the Monday woman tell me that? When I told them I'd opened the package and that I didn't want to pay for shipping since it was their mistake they said someone would have to call me. If I accepted the mask then I wouldn't be eligible for a mask (complete with headgear) next month. My View is starting to leak so I do need cushion which I then ordered. It will be interesting to see what happens here. One of the women I talked to wanted to know why I didn't just accept this mask. I had to explain again that I wanted a new mask with headgear and me accepting the one on hand meant I couldn't get an F20 (with headgear) next month. For the most part I've had pretty good luck with Apria so I am hoping this gets resolved in my favor. If it doesn't I guess the worst that could happen is I can either wait another 7 months for the F20 or buy one out of pocket. I REALLY don't want to wait and doubt that I will. I'm really annoyed that I opened the package because then EVERYTHING would be their fault. I know many of you can understand. I have a small head and I have yet to find the perfect mask after almost 8 years on the hose. Disappointed!

Janknitz

Re: Supply order -venting

Post by Janknitz » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:57 pm

That's just one of many reasons we call them Crapria!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:09 pm

I know Janknitz! Fortunately, they have been mostly ok for me so this was a deviation from the norm. I am just so bummed that I am not going to be trying a new mask tonight.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:16 pm

tuzacat wrote:I know Janknitz! Fortunately, they have been mostly ok for me so this was a deviation from the norm. I am just so bummed that I am not going to be trying a new mask tonight.
Unfortunately, this is life with Apria. Stay or run - your choice.

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Well, Guest, I have been doing business with them for 8 years since they are the only DME provider that is in network for my insurance company. Except for a couple of minor things they have been ok. I would prefer not to pay over a hundred dollars to buy a new mask when I can pay 15%. We'll see what they decide to do.

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:06 pm

tuzacat wrote:Well, Guest, I have been doing business with them for 8 years since they are the only DME provider that is in network for my insurance company. Except for a couple of minor things they have been ok. I would prefer not to pay over a hundred dollars to buy a new mask when I can pay 15%. We'll see what they decide to do.
You haven't mentioned who your insurance is.
Guess you could always call Apria Corp HQs but will that do any good? Or will the location just get awards?

tuzacat

Post by tuzacat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Lol! I hope no awards. I'll wait until the middle of next week and if I don't hear from them by then I'll call back. I decided not to sweat it. If this ends up being my "new" mask then I'll order the headgear next month and buy the F20 out of pocket. What I really want to complain about is the woman who took my order wasn't trained very well. This could have been avoided.

bwexler

Post by bwexler » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:12 pm

I am going through the same process now with Crapria. I have found a knowledgeable and cooperative RT at the Oceanside CA branch. She recommended that my new Sleepweaver 3D be shipped to her and I could pick it up and verify that I get what I ordered. I agreed.
I got a call last week from a nice fellow in the Philippines, who seemed to speak english but did not understand english. He kept insisting I had ordered an 18 foot hose instead of the Sleepweaver 18 inch feather weight hose. I never did convince him but hopefully my RT can.

Another good reason to pick up my orders from Crapria, I can pay by check after I verify the order. I will never give them a credit card.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:21 pm

tuzacat wrote:Lol! I hope no awards. I'll wait until the middle of next week and if I don't hear from them by then I'll call back. I decided not to sweat it. If this ends up being my "new" mask then I'll order the headgear next month and buy the F20 out of pocket. What I really want to complain about is the woman who took my order wasn't trained very well. This could have been avoided.
IMO - we tend to think the person on the phone is an RT when in reality they are someone off the street willing to work for min. wage and who prob never heard of a cpap before. I have had RT's right out of school who never heard of a cpap. But they are easier to deal with too, not as hardened.

In your case, the reality could be she was doing just as she was trained to do. I have had it where they didn't stock another mask I wanted to try and flat out refused to order it, so I haven't ordered any supplies from them since.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:09 pm

I am so glad I FIRED those turkeys back in 2014.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:34 am

Just a comment. I know what it's like looking for 'the perfect mask.' You may never find it. You may only find something that works pretty good. I use primarily pillow masks and seem to be between sizes no matter what manufacturer. I'm pretty happy although I don't have a perfect fit. I think this is the reason why my pillows don't last as long as some people's. 6 weeks and out they go because they simply collapse over and over. The Dreamwear has been the most successful so far. That nasal pillow (is it a pillow?) lasted just shy of 3 months before leak, leak, leak.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:14 pm

Tuzacat, I am really sorry you didn't get the correct mask. I feel for you dealing with your provider. Mine is pretty good. But sometimes it can be annoying just to get in touch with her, as she is only in the office early in the morning. Most of the day she is out fitting people for new masks.
I recently changed over from the Quattro FX to the Amara View. Unfortunately it did not work well for me. Mainly because it impacted my sinuses and gave me headaches. Since I was unable to then turn around and get a different mask from my provider, I had to buy one out of pocket. I ordered the F20 and it arrived today.
I just took it out of the package as I wanted to wash the cushion before using it tonight. I ordered a size medium according to the guide. The one thing that I noticed was that the headgear seems quite small. I won't know for sure until I wear it tonight but that was an initial observation. I have seen people complain about the headgear in some of the reviews I read. I may end up needing to get the large headgear instead. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly in your favor.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:08 pm

NadiaK wrote:Tuzacat, I am really sorry you didn't get the correct mask. I feel for you dealing with your provider. Mine is pretty good. But sometimes it can be annoying just to get in touch with her, as she is only in the office early in the morning. Most of the day she is out fitting people for new masks.
I recently changed over from the Quattro FX to the Amara View. Unfortunately it did not work well for me. Mainly because it impacted my sinuses and gave me headaches. Since I was unable to then turn around and get a different mask from my provider, I had to buy one out of pocket. I ordered the F20 and it arrived today.
I just took it out of the package as I wanted to wash the cushion before using it tonight. I ordered a size medium according to the guide. The one thing that I noticed was that the headgear seems quite small. I won't know for sure until I wear it tonight but that was an initial observation. I have seen people complain about the headgear in some of the reviews I read. I may end up needing to get the large headgear instead. I hope your situation gets resolved quickly in your favor.
I believe that there is only one mask frame and headgear. All cushion sizes fit in the same frame.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

LSAT wrote:
NadiaK wrote:Tuzacat, I am really sorry you didn't get the correct mask. I feel for you dealing with your provider. Mine is pretty good. But sometimes it can be annoying just to get in touch with her, as she is only in the office early in the morning. Most of the day she is out fitting people for new masks.
I believe that there is only one mask frame and headgear. All cushion sizes fit in the same frame.
F20 has 3 headgear sizes, Small, Standard, & Large.

The AirFit™ F20 Full Face Mask is compatible with three different headgear sizes: Small, Medium, and Large, to ensure an optimal fit for the user. The other option available is the soft toned, Violet headgear for the AirFit™ F20 For Her, which is only available in size Small.

See https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -mask.html

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

tuzacat

Re: Supply order -venting -Update

Post by tuzacat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:32 am

Hi, Folks, thanks so much for your replies! Yes, finding the perfect mask is an issue.

I thought I'd update you on my little adventure with Apria. As expected I did not hear from them about returning the Amara View mask so I called them this morning. Apparently the returns center is an off shore operation - sounded Asian- and when I spoke to the woman she kept saying that they had already replaced my cushion. I kept saying, no, I paid for the cushion while I was waiting for you guys to straighten out the other part. I asked to speak to someone who could answer my questions and resolve my problem. She put me through to the order department. They said I needed to talk to the off shore people in spite of the communication difficulties. So...back I went to the off shore operation where I got someone who had an even heavier accent than the one before. However, she was much nicer, listened to my problem and after clarifying everything she agreed to send me a medium F20 mask and list it as an exchange. Since I didn't qualify for headgear yet I couldn't get the fit pack. She told me to keep the Amara View mask since it had been opened. I asked her about the cushion because I was concerned that my insurance company (Florida Heath Care Plans) would not pay for a cushion the same month as the mask she said she would list it as an exchange at no charge. So, now I wait to see what happens next...in a month I can order some headgear for the F20.