SoClean CPAP Cleaner

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Hetron197

SoClean CPAP Cleaner

Post by Hetron197 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Any reviews, comments on this product?

SGearhart

Re: SoClean CPAP Cleaner

Post by SGearhart » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 pm

I know for a fact that if you're using a P10 nasal pillow, you can't exceed 160ºF (80ºC) on the pillows or you'll have a glob of plastic for nasal pillows.

Here are 2 threads on this forum about it.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85832&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=soclean

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=104520&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=soclean

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Hetron197 wrote:Any reviews, comments on this product?
Don't waste your money.
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Hetron197 wrote:Any reviews, comments on this product?
many, you see positive comments from people that have been duped into throwing away their money for it, and negative comments from everybody else.

try searching.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Invest in a nice quartz crystal; it will look pretty on the table, and will do about the same thing, if not more.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:30 pm

I think it's odd that Secondwind, which lots of people recommend highly, also sells the SoClean snake oil dispenser. What up with that ?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:58 pm

Somebody in purchasing got a great deal. Money is money.
Maybe someone bought one, realized their mistake, and sold it to cut their losses.
The FDA allows them to be sold, but, again, money is money.

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Reputation and integrity is reputation and integrity, too.

Cindiwa

Post by Cindiwa » Sat May 30, 2015 12:47 pm

I bought one of these 2 months ago because it was a new shiny. I love new shiny things! Anyhow, I have been on Cpap therapy for 3.5 years and I use my machine nightly and would never go without but I figured it must be awesome because its new and its shiny so I got it and hooked it up. My machine is a respironics 550 and I use Mirage FX for her (small) mask. The first time I used it it turned my mask orange and it smelled truly awful. I was not going to be beaten by this small setback so I used it for 2 months and went back to read the reviews on Amazon a little deeper. Maybe somebody here linked to it, I don't remember but this one caught my eye http://smile.amazon.com/review/R1280RKL ... &store=hpc and now I'm afraid to use it. Its in the closet and will stay there until I know for sure what this thing is doing to me, my lungs, my machine, my masks. I feel uncomfortable with having to make modifications myself to use this machine safely, for 300 bucks I should not have to worry about things like that. The only thing I did notice aside from the orange mask (its very orange and I have used my masks until they didn't seal very well but never has any of them turned orange) is the smell was in the room and floated outside the room to the hallway and loft area when that machine was running, I question the safety in that and the hose connection where the headgear was connected, the part that sits in the machine while it runs, became paper thin and crinkly. I didn't smoosh my hose and never did anything mean to it so really not sure why the part of the hose that sat inside the chamber would get paper thin but that can't be good either. I don't really know why those things happened, I don't claim to be an engineer, but it scared me enough to put the machine in the closet and wait to see proof its safe before it comes out. I don't even care that its necessary as much as safe at this moment in time (to myself and my equipment!) Thanks all, this is my first post so hopefully I am not offending any Soclean fanatics, its just my own honest experience with this machine and really would like to get to the bottom of it. For 300 bucks I would much rather be using it than be scared of it!

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 30, 2015 1:29 pm

what I don't understand is why you've got it in your closet, instead of loudly demanding a refund, and filing complaints.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Cindiwa

Post by Cindiwa » Sat May 30, 2015 2:31 pm

palerider wrote:what I don't understand is why you've got it in your closet, instead of loudly demanding a refund, and filing complaints.

You are right, I hadn't even considered returning it because I used it and I bought it through an Amazon vendor but I should look into returning it.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat May 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Cindiwa wrote:
palerider wrote:what I don't understand is why you've got it in your closet, instead of loudly demanding a refund, and filing complaints.

You are right, I hadn't even considered returning it because I used it and I bought it through an Amazon vendor but I should look into returning it.
you've been ripped off... you've figured out you've been ripped off... you should be angry about it, and taking steps.

as it is, they took your money and are perfectly happy if you just throw their crap way,

they're laughing all the way to the bank with your money.

archangle

Post by archangle » Sun May 31, 2015 2:02 pm

While I'm skeptical about the cleaning effects of the machine and damage to the equipment, I'm not worried about the health effects of the ozone produced.

The machine presumably produces a small quantity of ozone to be used in a closed environment when it's treating your mask and hose. It tries to recirculate the ozone instead of venting it to the room air, and has something to destroy the ozone at the end of the cleaning cycle.

Even if it did leak the ozone, it probably doesn't produce it fast enough to be much of a problem when mixed into the air in your bedroom. Ozone breaks down fairly rapidly on it's on in the house.

Many people have deliberately used ozone generators as "room fresheners." While ozone room fresheners are probably useless quack devices, a lot of people have used them without a lot of obvious bad side effects. Even a gadget that deliberately blows ozone into the room seems to be mostly harmless. There are also some electrical devices that generate ozone as a side effect of their operation.

There is also ozone naturally in your breathing air and as a consequence of air pollution in outdoor air.

Ozone is hazardous in high enough concentrations. Unless you're doing something strange, I don't think the SoClean is likely to produce enough O3 to matter to your health.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Somebody in purchasing got a great deal. Money is money.
Maybe someone bought one, realized their mistake, and sold it to cut their losses.
The FDA allows them to be sold, but, again, money is money.
If you sell it, they will come..... Fools are still being born in ever increasing numbers, after all they are breeders.

Chemical and Germ warfare are outlawed, but we still are trying to make ever more effective methods, in labs all over the U.S., with no working safety protocols.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Burntout

Post by Burntout » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:03 am

I have never had chest problems until I bought the so clean2 machine. I loved it at first as it had great reviews. However my respitory consultant showed me why ozone is bad for the lungs and can cause all kinds of difficulties. I am sorry I bought it now. Perhaps this dose not affect every one.